Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't we be prepared for all that though? Who in the football world wouldn't know what rules they have in Spain for transferring a player? There's enough of them that move of here. I call bullshit on that one.

Edward Woodward

Himq1_zpsa6b5a9d8.gif

:lol:

Ballague.

Not even once.

Let's get real now.. How long will it take to do the medical? (especialy considering that his eyes are not as big as Ozil's)..

In other words, if we don't hear anything in the next 2 hours, then it's practically off.

Woody, it's not about our midfield now, it's not about Moyes' arrival, it's not about Herrera or Fellaini, it's about saving the lives of thousands of United fans.. And you have only two hours left.....

So it's off then? Or is it just ITK crap?

Not really bothered, no point making a knee jerk signing. Just play Kagawa more and consign Young and Giggs to cameos and we will be just fine.

Wouldn't we be prepared for all that though? Who in the football world wouldn't know what rules they have in Spain for transferring a player? There's enough of them that move over here. I call bullshit on that one.

Seeing as Athletic sat on Llorente for an entire season, I could see them being cnuts here as well. With the other club not playing ball, I can see Ed Wood refusing to sign it off until it is 100% clear we won't get lumped with a 21% tax fee after.

Woodys are useless with no balls.

You're all a bunch of pessimistic twats. All Sid Love said was that the transfer would be complicated if it happens. Nothing about whether United are willing to part with the money or tax. BELIEVE!

If this deal falls apart then we really will have looked like gigantic fools this transfer period. I can't recall us having been rejected, or low ball bid to the extent we have this summer. Joking aside, something is amiss.

Bilbao newspaper El Correo have another double page spread on Ander Herrera today and say a few interesting things. They reiterate that the player has agreed personal terms with Manchester United and say that he has an agreement in principal to join the club dependent on his buyout clause being paid, that would mean that a deal could go through pretty late because there's no need to negotiate with the player today. That Athletic Club have allowed that to happen, or rather not gone crazy that it has happened, shows some leeway and it's still thought in Spain that this is a move which could happen. Herrera agreed his side of it on Saturday, after Manchester United officials continued talks with both parties.
El Correo say that Manchester United have had a plan of bids, which has slightly confused Athletic Club. They say that even though the first offer was €30m, Manchester United have always intended to go up to the full amount which makes the Spanish club wonder why they just didn't do that in the first place. Herrera is also said to be wondering why that clause hasn't yet been met and it's claimed he's worried that it won't come in at all at this stage.

Again, the newspaper are confident that it will and that's been claimed by several British newspapers today too. El Correo say that given the personal terms having been agreed, Manchester United will wait until the last moment and not give up on the deal. They'd probably be better served just paying whatever Athletic Club want this morning, it's a situation they've got themselves into and they don't want to risk making the player think they don't really want him.
There could also be an extra payment totalling 5% as a tax which is paid in Spain for the training of a player, the money then goes towards youth development in Spain. It's conceivable Athletic Club would ask Manchester United for that.
There is no mention of any other tax and as long as Manchester United play ball, they can get Ander Herrera.

Let's get real now.. How long will it take to do the medical? (especialy considering that his eyes are not as big as Ozil's)..

In other words, if we don't hear anything in the next 2 hours, then it's practically off.

Woody, it's not about our midfield now, it's not about Moyes' arrival, it's not about Herrera or Fellaini, it's about saving the lives of thousands of United fans.. And you have only two hours left.....

The medical can be done after the deadline I think. Just need to get the agreements done in principle. Then all the red tape can be finalised after.

I've never known us to miss out on a player through running out of time. If a deal can be done then I'm sure it will be. We won't miss out due to a lack of time.

No, but i have known Moyes losing out on a deal through running out of time.

Vadis Odjidja last summer.

Bu
Not really bothered, no point making a knee jerk signing. Just play Kagawa more and consign Young and Giggs to cameos and we will be just fine.

But Shinji is a number 10 not a number 8. We need a centre midfielder not someone to play in the advanced role behind the striker. Herrera would be perfect but I'm losing hope on this one. We'll probably let someone else activate the clause like we did with Martinez and end up bemoaning the fact we got neither from Bilbao.

So let's see. Three/four sources claim it's on. Then along comes Sid cnut with a negative and suddenly you all believe it? :lol:

You're all bigger muppets than I thought.

Bu

But Shinji is a number 10 not a number 8. We need a centre midfielder not someone to play in the advanced role behind the striker. Herrera would be perfect but I'm losing hope on this one. We'll probably let someone else activate the clause like we did with Martinez and end up bemoaning the fact we got neither from Bilbao.

We have to go with what we have. Rooney in the hole behind RVP - I dont think Shinji is effective out wide so lets try him in the role with Carrick. Rooney and Shinji are smart enough to swap positions.

Athletic are confused by the bidding pattern and the player isn't sure how serious we are?

Me too.

So let's see. Three/four sources claim it's on. Then along comes Sid cnut with a negative and suddenly you all believe it? :lol:

Lowe didn't even say anything he hasn't before. He said it'd be complicated when the news first broke and that's all so far.

...They say that even though the first offer was €30m, Manchester United have always intended to go up to the full amount which makes the Spanish club wonder why they just didn't do that in the first place...

I'm also left wondering why we didn't just bid the full amount from the start. It makes no sense to short bid on the player when it's obvious to everyone and their grandmother that Bilbao won't sell unless the release fee is met in full. Frankly, it looks silly and amateurish.

To be fair, i would trust the Bilbao paper more than anything else. Surely they would know more than any of the twitter Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime do

As a united fan, signing world class players is the most important thing we do. I think many would trade a Premier League title for Fabregas, Thiago and Ozil. And they'd be right. Rubbish joke

If it's such a complicated deal, it kind of begs the question why didn't we pick this up a day or two earlier?

I think it's got something to do with the transfer deadline being just over 4 hours away.

Athletic are confused by the bidding pattern and the player isn't sure how serious we are?

Me too.

It's Woodward trying to appear as if he is wheeling and dealing. He is just being a true numpty.

Status
Not open for further replies.