Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilshire at least has proven more than he has. Will undoubtably be the better player as long as he can stay fit

Yay, Ballague is the best, he is always right. We're getting an actual midfielder.

Genuine question. How much were Mata and Cazorla were rated in spain? Is Herrera a similar case?

Mata was a lot more established and had more hype surrounding him at the time, then Herrera now. Same goes for Carzorla although it is a lot closer with Carzorla.

It might also be Herrera plays a bit deeper and hence is less of a 'star' player who gets less media hype. Feck who knows.

Herrera will surprise a lot of people questioning how good he is. He will become one of Europe's top midfielders with us, I am convinced of it. Great passer, and can't wait to see him do his signature step-over in the middle of the park if we get him :drool:

Genuine question. How much were Mata and Cazorla were rated in spain? Is Herrera a similar case?

Its a similar case although there is a tiny bit of a sense that Herrera's progress has stalled a bit since the heyday of the Bielsa era at Bilbao. He's always been rated but a bit like Mata and Cazorla (though not exactly the same cos Mata especially was always talked up when he was at Valencia) he's seen in that tier below someone like Thiago.

For my part I'm excited about this signing. The guy's got all the gifts. I think he'll flourish at United. I think the Premier League might suit his game better than La Liga. He does all the tiki taka stuff you'd expect but he's got an energy and rangy running style that might be better suited to English football than Spanish football.

@AdamCrafton_: Contact in Spain says #Herrera will sign 5-year deal worth around £64,000 a week with #mufc. A little lower than initial demands.

PLEASE!

Mata was a lot more established and had more hype surrounding him at the time, then Herrera now. Same goes for Carzorla although it is a lot closer with Carzorla.

It might also be Herrera plays a bit deeper and hence is less of a 'star' player who gets less media hype. Feck who knows.

Thought so. That's good enough for me. Get this deal done!

Mata and Cazorla are AMs and get all the headlines so quite unfair to compare them.

@AdamCrafton_: Contact in Spain says #Herrera will sign 5-year deal worth around £64,000 a week with #mufc. A little lower than initial demands.

PLEASE!

YES! I have big motherfeckin smile on my face. Get this done!!

Herrera will surprise a lot of people questioning how good he is. He will become one of Europe's top midfielders with us, I am convinced of it. Great passer, and can't wait to see him do his signature step-over in the middle of the park if we get him :drool:

I think everyone posting an opinion about the player should quantify said opinion with what it's based on - be it the word of journo's or actual games watched.

So, I'll start... I think he'll be a great signing for us, and I base this on absolutely feck all.

SSN reporting that Manchester United have indicated they are willing to meet valuation clause.

I've only seen him play twice against Us but he was good in those matches.

Overpriced or not, I don't care, I'll take him.

I've only seen him play twice against Us but he was good in those matches.

Overpriced or not, I don't care, I'll take him.

Every player is overpriced nowadays. he's basically the same level/age as Illarramendi and actually costs less by the looks of it. It's not a bad price at all.

But is he United quality?

What is United quality?

Keane/Scholes? No, and I don't think he'll ever be
Carrick/Fletcher(fit Fletcher)? Not yet but I think he'll be there soon enough.
Cleverley/Anderson? Much better.

So we are paying some unknown to the Premier League the same amount we paid for Berbatov?? This lad must be a new Messi...

I think he's as good as Carrick and Fletcher were when they were playing together, but obviously more of an attacking player who is more creative

Status
Not open for further replies.