Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could both be alternatives to him.

Hererra has been playing in the hole where Fellaini played last season

They could both be alternatives to him.

Hererra has been playing in the hole where Fellaini played last season

But not in the role Fellaini is likely to play for us.

Jesus, some of you lot are hysterical, jumping to mental conclusions based on what you know about how the club operates, which all things considered, is feck all.

Moyes is supposed to think DM is Fellaini's best position, I doubt he'll be that attacking.

Think he means the attacking CM compared with Carrick

Fellaini could probably fill in for Carrick in the deeper role but the majority of the time he would playing next to him instead of Clev/Anderson which is the more attacking box to box midfield position

I can't wait until the windows closed. I can't keep taking all the rejections while watching Spurs get anything they go for... Depressing

Graham Hunter talking Herrera up on twitter. Say he's high quality technically, aggressive, a leader, would be well suited for the PL and would stand out there.

Ogden is saying Moyes wants to sign Fellaini, Herrera and De Rossi. No idea why we'd need three central midfielders.

Jamie Jackson (although he's a bit shit) is saying the same in the Guardian, it would be strange for us to go from having not enough in midfield to having too much in a couple of days.

Athletic's President says there is an offer on the table for Herrera from United but they are not negotiating with Manchester and the player has not asked for a transfer

I'm neither beholden to nor scared for the club to break its record Berbatov fee, its about time we did and prices have inflated considerably but still, £35m should be able to buy you proven talent or an incredible youngster.

Will Herrera have the potential to become as successful as Frank Lampard or Michael Carrick. Because thats the sort of player that sort of money should buy you.

Too few, too many, too expensive. It'll always be too something you whiney feckers.

Just get this deal done for god sake Woodward and while you are at it take Muniain back with you too you slap head bollocks

Agent de Gea would turn Muniain's head.

Hope they trigger his release clause and get it sorted. We have left it too late, but if i look at the competition in the PL and in our CL group, we are going to need reinforcements.

Would love to get him and Fellaini sorted before the window closes.

Athletic's President says there is an offer on the table for Herrera from United but they are not negotiating with Manchester and the player has not asked for a transfer

Are you reiteration the old news or this news for the evening?

Here's a conspiracy theory for you nutters, based on a rumour I heard this summer: we're triggering Herrera's release clause because we know Barca fancy him in the long term, so that it might encourage them to move for him, thus giving Cesc the sign that he's not really wanted, which would allow us to 'swoop' in.

Obviously bollocks, but it works. Sort of.

Ogden is saying Moyes wants to sign Fellaini, Herrera and De Rossi. No idea why we'd need three central midfielders.

Let's be honest, they'd become 3 of the top 4 ones we have should they all sign. There's about 1% chance that De Rossi will join us so it's academic anyway. We can't be having Ryan Giggs in centre mid or playing the defender Phil Jones there. Anderson is always injured and Fletcher unlikely to come back as he was. That leaves just Cleverley and Carrick, we need 2 more.

Think he means the attacking CM compared with Carrick

Fellaini could probably fill in for Carrick in the deeper role but the majority of the time he would playing next to him instead of Clev/Anderson which is the more attacking box to box midfield position

If we got him and Herrera, there is no guarantee he'll be lining up next to Carrick at all. If both arrive, it would seem to be adding one defensive and one creative/controlling midfielder. Unless we start playing 3 in there, likely to be Carrick and Clev/Herrera, perhaps Carrick and Fellaini against more difficult opposition.

Throw £25m at any half decent Spanish midfielder, we'll eventually sign someone.

This is the bit in Football Manager where you've failed to land your targets so you've gone to another league and looked up season stats to see the players with the highest average ratings, highest passing and tackling percentages.

If we got him and Herrera, there is no guarantee he'll be lining up next to Carrick at all. If both arrive, it would seem to be adding one defensive and one creative/controlling midfielder. Unless we start playing 3 in there, likely to be Carrick and Clev/Herrera, perhaps Carrick and Fellaini against more difficult opposition.

Yeah which is what I said, both would be playing the CM next to Carrick, which is the attack minded one with Carrick sitting.

Let's be honest, they'd become 3 of the top 4 ones we have should they all sign. There's about 1% chance that De Rossi will join us so it's academic anyway. We can't be having Ryan Giggs in centre mid or playing the defender Phil Jones there. Anderson is always injured and Fletcher unlikely to come back as he was. That leaves just Cleverley and Carrick, we need 2 more.

Except when he isn't. Like now. I think if we get two, one should leave, otherwise Anderson might not even get on the pitch to get injured! One too many, 5th choice can be Powell if he stays.

I think the only midfielders Moyes rates at the club are Carrick and Cleverley. I think we'd sell Anderson if we got people in and someone came in with a half decent offer.

Plus having more CMs mean that we can afford to play Carrick at centre half once the inevitable annual CB injury crisis occurs.

For some reason I thought he was a midget like Xavi and Iniesta - quite surprised to read he was 5'11.

Status
Not open for further replies.