Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't release causes straight forward? If someone pays the release clause and the player wants to move, the club can't do anything about it as long as the release clause is paid. If Dortmund could've stopped Gotze leaving in any way shape or form they would have, but such is the nature of release clauses they were powerless to do anything. Or am I missing something?
See the Sid Lowe info above.

Can not wait for the rejection, nervous we might pull off this panic buy.
Are you against every single transfer apart from Huddlestone, Parker, fellaini and Barry?

You seem to detest the idea of anyone else being signed by the club.

That was from the guardian blog, who have now posted this:

Not sure your understanding is quite correct re: payment and taxation of the €36m. Utd would more likely be able to structure the payment as either a business expense or a loan. In any case, the payment, to a non-employee, would be made to a Spanish residence as a one-off. It’s more than likely that the player could write off his on-payment as an expense, and thus not incur a tax burden (which would instead be payable by Bilbao, but at a much-lower corporate rate)

An-der He-re-ra
He's better than Vieira
An-der He-re-ra
He's not black he's much fairer
Thiago, he said no
Now he's wearing lederhose
Our man's Basque, and he's class
And he shits on Fabregas

Some of the worst rhymes in the history of poetry.

Or are the last two letters of 'lederhose' actually silent? As for the first abomination, 'Herera' and 'fairer' may rhyme on the Vulcan homeworld, I suppose. It's a disgrace. :mad:

Some of the worst rhymes in the history of poetry.

Or are the last two letters of 'lederhose' actually silent? As for the first abomination, 'Herera' and 'fairer' may rhyme on the Vulcan homeworld, I suppose. It's a disgrace. :mad:
It's not any worse than the contract that Adnan will sign that will lock him up for 5 years.

An-der He-re-ra
He's better than Vieira
An-der He-re-ra
He's not black he's much fairer
Thiago, he said no
Now he's wearing lederhose
Our man's Basque, and he's class
And he shits on Fabregas

It's so deliberately shit, that it just might work. :lol:

Are you against every single transfer apart from Huddlestone, Parker, fellaini and Barry?

You seem to detest the idea of anyone else being signed by the club.
Reading the opinions of Brwnd and other posters who seem to watch foreign football regularly and know about this player, their consensus seems to be that he is good but nothing special. Paying 30 million plus for that reeks of panic buy.

Do not want.

Reading the opinions of Brwnd and other posters who seem to watch foreign football regularly and know about this player, their consensus seems to be that he is good but nothing special. Paying 30 million plus for that reeks of panic buy.

Do not want.

We should be panicking. We are really going to struggle to hold on to our title with the squad as it is. As far as I'm concerned the only thing we should be asking ourselves at this stage is: Will this guy get into our first eleven? Undoubtedly he would so just pay the asking price, the time for trying to get a good deal has passed.

Brwned said he thinks he's good enough (Carrick's level), but probably not "a top player", ie. Iniesta or Xavi level.

Brwned said he thinks he's good enough (Carrick's level), but probably not "a top player", ie. Iniesta or Xavi level.

Actually he thinks he can be better that Carrick. Thats good enough for United if thats the case.

A really top player? Probably not. I think he can be a better player than Carrick which is probably worth £25m+ in this market.

10m pounds would not even have bought Wanyama off of Celtic. That said, Wanyama is a very decent player.

Thats our problem... some teams that do their homework get players better than Herrera for 10M. Is up to us...

Join the "club" and overpaid for every player we sign or get the players we need at the right price? the scouts just need to start doing their job properly.

I like this player, but we should be able to get him for 10M pounds and no more.

We have never got a bargain for a CM as far as I can remember(mid 80s)

Its either home grown or big money signings. Never a bargain like in other positions.

Thats our problem... some teams that do their homework get players better than Herrera for 10M. Is up to us...

Join the "club" and overpaid for every player we sign or get the players we need at the right price? the scouts just need to start doing their job properly.

They do! We have got bargains. Just never in CM. Anyway Pogba was the one that got away.

He's still a good prospect. Plenty of things to like about him. But if they turned down £25 million I'd look elsewhere

So

Would be more expensive than :
Mata
Silva
Cazorla
De Gea

While he's probably Bilabo's third highest potential behind Munian and Laporte

He is however a good passer and tries to do his bit defensively too. At 6 feet he's physically quite prepared for the premier league. Like a lot of youngish Spanish players in CM and AM positions he should score more goals. I think he's a great alternative to look at instead of Fellaini, but as Gill would say the fee is "toppy"

This isnt football manager

So

Would be more expensive than :
Mata
Silva
Cazorla
De Gea

While he's probably Bilabo's third highest potential behind Munian and Laporte

He is however a good passer and tries to do his bit defensively too. At 6 feet he's physically quite prepared for the premier league. Like a lot of youngish Spanish players in CM and AM positions he should score more goals. I think he's a great alternative to look at instead of Fellaini, but as Gill would say the fee is "toppy"

I seriously doubt he's an alternative to Fellaini, I'd say we're looking to sign both. Herrera is probably the guy we turned to when it finally dawned on us that Fabregas wasn't coming.

It's not like we've never overpaid for players before, we payed too much for both Carrick and Berbatov at the time. Sometimes you have to pay more than you'd ideally want for a player, especially if the club your buying from is particularly good at selling for high prices.

We can safely assume that Baines and Felliani are pretty close which would mean us spending around 35-40m. Can anyone seriously see us spending another 30m on Herrera? That's a hell of a lot of money.​

His movements on the ball reminds me a lot of Busquets. Both of them like that quick stepover from a standing position.

I seriously doubt he's an alternative to Fellaini, I'd say we're looking to sign both. Herrera is probably the guy we turned to when it finally dawned on us that Fabregas wasn't coming.

You mean it just dawned on us a few days ago?

We could maybe get Matic for this amount. A much more of a sure thing.

You mean it just dawned on us a few days ago?

Ha, not quite. We just seem to be a bid slow moving from bid to bid, for whatever reason. For all I know we might have looked at someone like Modric for a bit as well. Anyways, Moyes supposedly said we were looking for two cms, so Fellaini + Herrera makes the most sense at this stage.

So this has been rejected then? Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.