Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

Alleged assault #12:

December 15th, 2015. LA

Claims:Amber claims Johnny threw a decanter at her before slapping her, dragging her through the apartment by her hair and pulling large chunks of hair from her scalp.

She also claims he then followed her upstairs, pushed her to the floor and shouted “you think you’re a fecking tough guy” before headbutting her.

She claims she then told him she wanted to leave him and he followed that by grabbing her and screaming “I fecking will kill you - I’ll fecking kill you, you hear me?”

Johnny claims Amber fabricated this alleged assault and falsely claimed the hair was hers. He also claims she was the one who violently attacked him that night.

Here’s Amber the very next day, after all this allegedly took place, on The Late Show With James Corden:

Judge’s ruling: The judge stated the argument was “not just verbal, it became physical” indicating that Johnny did indeed do it. 10/14

Based on what?

The fact that a make up artist covered up the bruises according to testimony.

Is that unequivocal evidence that Depp isn't a domestic abuser?

Exactly.

But then Champ here clearly has his own leanings, whether he's aware of it or not.
My only leanings are that of people should not be supporting either side.
One side has in essence been found to be a domestic abuser in Depp, the other side in Heard appears to be culpable also, however we are yet to have a court ruling on that.

Yet people are actively supporting Depp on here, despite allegations of him abusing Heard found to be substantially true.
It's truly bizarre when you think about it really.

The fact that a make up artist covered up the bruises according to testimony.

Is that unequivocal evidence that Depp isn't a domestic abuser?

Did Amber wear a wig too? Lost a lot of hair apparently...
The testimony was from Amber? Or the makeup artist?

But he shouldn't have public support.

That's the issue.

The fact that, as I keep saying, there appears to be two victims and two perpetrators keeps slipping from people's grasp.
Neither deserves support if Depps allegations against Heard are proved to be true (and the fact is no court has found them to be substantially true from what I know, unlike Heards allegations against Depp).

The fact that people in public and on this forum are actively sticking up for Depp is just inherently wrong in my opinion. Likewise for Heard.

There are literal tape recordings proving it to be true. If you can listen to them and then say 'well I know it happened because I literally have the proof here but unless the courts say so I refuse to accept it' then that's a you issue.

From Amber according to the court reporters Although I don't recall anyone counting how much hair she lost to be honest with you!

So again, is that unequivocal evidence that Depp isn't an abuser?

My whole point is people shouldn't be in favour of one nor the other.
Why are people letting their personal opinions about people get in the way of listening to the evidence of both this case and the libel case against the Sun?

Depp was found to be an abuser in that case, yet still people back him, probably because they don't like Heard, or prefer Depp over Heard. It's just bizarre to me.
Depp wasn't found to be a abuser in his trial, what are you talking about?

The Sun called him a "wife/woman beater" and he and his lawyers couldn't present enough evidence that this wasn't the case and that the Sun lied on purpose. That is what his trial was about, nothing else.

There's also a no evidence at all that he hurt her physically. Unless you take her selfies with bruises as evidence that, oh what a miracle, not a single person close to them ever saw. Even the police didn't find any signs pointing to physical abuse when Heard called them after Depp allegedly hit her.

On the other hand you have many, many people close to them and various ex-girlfriends who describe Heard to be the physical abuser. Depps ex wife, who even cheated on, doesn't say a single bad word about him in the meantime.

I'm not saying Depp is a saint and he surely has his problems.
But with everything that is known until now I find a balanced "well they are obviously both shitty abusers" stance to be a really, really bad take.

I'm a big supporter of the #metoo movement but nevertheless (or rather even more because of that) you can't judge someone to be an abuser just because someone said so when all the evidence is pointing in another way.

Largely agree with Champ.

Attacking Heard for her abusive behaviour is absolutely fine and it certainly appears she's due a reckoning career-wise.

But that doesn't mean people should be actively supporting Depp, who was already found to have been abusive on multiple occasions himself.

Basically just don't support people who are abusive, even if it was a two way street.

The Sun called him a "wife/woman beater" and he and his lawyers couldn't present enough evidence that this wasn't the case and that the Sun lied on purpose. That is what his trial was about, nothing else.

This is incorrect. The court found that the allegations made against Depp were "substantially true", not that it couldn't be proven that they were untrue.

Largely disagree with Champ.

She's clearly abusive as feck, yet is tying to call him out. No self awareness whatsoever, she clearly thinks she can do what the hell she likes and it's not really abuse because he's a bloke and she's a woman.

Toxic relationship but I expect he'll be back to a happier relationship next time, as per his previous, her on the other hand....

From Amber according to the court reporters Although I don't recall anyone counting how much hair she lost to be honest with you!

That's the thing though, is there actually any evidence bar Ambers testimony to prove the abuse?

She was seemingly badly beaten but appears perfectly normal on a live show the following night. With multiple people claiming they saw no evidence of the nights violence.

You read that the makeup (her lawyer presented the exact product) she was allegedly using all the time to cover her bruises wasn't even on the market yet at that time, right?
That whole story was dismissed by the makeup company on day later.

Allegations against Depp being an abuser have been found by a court to be substantially true.
Johnny is a perpetrator also.
He wasn't found to be an abuser. He just couldn't prove that The Sun lied. In a case with no jury, just a single judge that wasn't able to review any substantial evidence due to Amber Heard not being involved in the case. A single judge with ties to Rupert Murdoch, one of the most powerful men on the planet & owner of The Sun. Keep trotting out your shite about him being a proven abuser though, I guess you can just stick your fingers in your ears and scream any time real evidence is provided. Good luck in the rest of your case Mr Rottenborn :lol:.

Largely agree with Champ.

Attacking Heard for her abusive behaviour is absolutely fine and it certainly appears she's due a reckoning career-wise.

But that doesn't mean people should be actively supporting Depp, who was already found to have been abusive on multiple occasions himself.

Basically just don't support people who are abusive, even if it was a two way street.
Another person perpetuating this myth. Not being able to prove The Sun lied in a civil case with no jury & only a single judge making judgement based on Amber Heard's testimony and being found guilty of domestic abuse are wildly different things.

He wasn't found to be an abuser. He just couldn't prove that The Sun lied. In a case with no jury, just a single judge that wasn't able to review any substantial evidence due to Amber Heard not being involved in the case. A single judge with ties to Rupert Murdoch, one of the most powerful men on the planet & owner of The Sun. Keep trotting out your shite about him being a proven abuser though, I guess you can just stick your fingers in your ears and scream any time real evidence is provided. Good luck in the rest of your case Mr Rottenborn :lol:.

It's rather hilarious though how losing a court case with no jury to part of the Murdoch empire is somehow "proof he was an abuser".

Allegations against Depp being an abuser have been found by a court to be substantially true.
Johnny is a perpetrator also.
That's absolute bollocks. Seeing your posts in the thread you already took a side so kinda ironic that you have a go a people that apparently side with Depp..:wenger:

Inappropriate Behavior
I'm a big fan of Amber, she has a temper, strikes me as a bit of a nutter, women like that are a bundle of thrills and fun to be with.

What makes me laugh about Johnny Depp is just take a look at him for a minute - if he was not a famous actor and you stood him in front of a bunch of women - most of them would run a mile, one minute he looks like a girl dressed up as a man and the next minute he's dressed like a tramp and the next he's dressed like an alcoholic - it's all about freak show esq... a man with dollars in the bank should be looking smart,

On looks alone, to look at him he looks exactly the type to try manipulating women and think he's clever enough to get away with it, there were little signs of this coming out months ago at the last show trial and we have been hearing more examples of it this time around.

It's rather hilarious though how losing a court case with no jury to part of the Murdoch empire is somehow "proof he was an abuser".
Yup. It's also very dangerous that people keep spreading this crap. There's so many real victims out there that it's just disgusting that the #meToo movement had an abuser in Amber Heard as the cover star, profiting off real victims whilst being an abuser herself. If she gets away with this it sets a terrible precedent & will only cause harm to genuine victims in future. Disgusting.

I'm a big fan of Amber, she has a temper, strikes me as a bit of a nutter, women like that are a bundle of thrills and fun to be with.

What makes me laugh about Johnny Depp is just take a look at him for a minute - if he was not a famous actor and you stood him in front of a bunch of women - most of them would run a mile, one minute he looks like a girl dressed up as a man and the next minute he's dressed like a tramp and the next he's dressed like an alcoholic - it's all about freak show esq... a man with dollars in the bank should be looking smart,

On looks alone, to look at him he looks exactly the type to try manipulating women and think he's clever enough to get away with it, there were little signs of this coming out months ago at the last show trial and we have been hearing more examples of it this time around.

No Amber won't feck you.

Jesus Christ who let you out of the newbies? Vile post.

Another person perpetuating this myth. Not being able to prove The Sun lied in a civil case with no jury & only a single judge making judgement based on Amber Heard's testimony and being found guilty of domestic abuse are wildly different things.
Spot on. Despite how Champ is trying to spin it Depp was not found guilty of domestic abuse.

Obviously he has his flaws and it was a rotten relationship to begin with, but the way Amber Heard is trying to ride on the #meToo movement to her own credit and getting credit on the back of it is quite frankly repulsive.

That's another red flag in her sea of lies. She took pictures of all her 'bruises' that could be easily created with make-up but didn't document pictures of her scalp missing huge clumps of hair? Of course she didn't, because that would require more than make-up & instead actually having to rip out clumps of hair.

He's almost fecking 60 :lol: And no, most 50+ women wouldn't "run a mile"from a 60 year old bloke who looks like that. What fecking bizarre World do you live in?

And people can dress however the feck they like, having money doesn't mean they need to pretend they are someone they aren't.

Please tell me this is irony or a copy-paste of a really, really stupid post.

Yup. It's also very dangerous that people keep spreading this crap. There's so many real victims out there that it's just disgusting that the #meToo movement had an abuser in Amber Heard as the cover star, profiting off real victims whilst being an abuser herself. If she gets away with this it sets a terrible precedent & will only cause harm to genuine victims in future. Disgusting.
Exactly. It's a disgrace to Depp but also to all other women who were really abused.

Again, that isn't what happened.

Under UK law the burden of proof is on the defendant. Depp never had to prove that The Sun lied. The Sun had to prove that they didn't, to a civil standard.

And they managed to do that, with the court finding that assault was proven to that standard in 12 of 14 separate incidents.

It's also incorrect to say the judgement was based on Heard's testimony, as the Court of Appeal made clear.

Last edited:

Are we a bit jelous?

Again, that isn't what happened.

Under UK law the burden of proof is on the defendant. Depp never had to prove that The Sun lied. The Sun had to prove that they didn't, to a civil standard.

And they managed to do that, with the court finding that assault was proven to that standard 12 of 14 separate incidents.
'The court' being 1 person with no evidence & using Amber's testimony as a reliable witness. Amber who has since been proven a liar on near enough everything. If it helps, I doubt she reads the caf so you can stop simping for her.

'The court' being 1 person with no evidence & using Amber's testimony as a reliable witness. Amber who has since been proven a liar on near enough everything. If it helps, I doubt she reads the caf so you can stop simping for her.

Are you 12? What kind of discourse is that? The poster was pointing out how you were incorrect and your rebuttal is "durrr stop simping"

Are you 12? What kind of discourse is that? The poster was pointing out how you were incorrect and your rebuttal is "durrr stop simping"
Because it's so tiring hearing the same crap being trotted out. They're happy to point to the UK trial as if that was gospel but the judge in the UK trial also found that Heard had not been physically violent toward Depp. Funny that since there's an abundance of evidence where she admits to being physically violent towards him. That whole trial was an utter shambles.

If I had so little understanding of the trial I was commenting on that I needed to have the basics of it explained to me, I probably wouldn't then double down by responding like a prick when someone pointed out I was wrong.

The UK trial was Depp trying to clear his name and suing the Sun, not him being the defendant and proven to be a 'wife beater', which Champ is trying to imply here. The trial itself was 16 days and not winning that case doesn't automatically make him a "proven domestic abuser". For starters we already saw Amber lying through her teeth on multiple occasions and we're seeing much more evidences in the current trial than the one that occurred couple of years ago.

English defamation law and different standards of proof may have played a part in this.

It isn't unheard of for a claimant to win a case in England that they would lose in a US state.

Drawing a direct equivalence between jurisdictions in this kind of case is not straightforward.

Isn't the default in the UK that you have to prove the defamation didn't occur? A far higher bar than it did more likely than not (see why I'm no lawyer?).

Last edited:
This case seems to show Heard is an utter loon but it also doesn't exactly paint a flattering picture of Depp. Even if he wins I'm not sure how it will help him.

This case seems to show Heard is an utter loon but it also doesn't exactly paint a flattering picture of Depp. Even if he wins I'm not sure how it will help him.

Satisfaction of bankrupting her? She'll just find another rich bloke if she loses anyways I guess. Wasn"t she cheating on Depp with Musk?

She's not gonna feck you @Champ . She might just take a shite in your bed though.

The settlement will go some way towards his loss of earnings and will at least be some consolation. I think the bigger thing to come out of this would/should be a wider societal acceptance of men being the victims of domestic abuse.