5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Red Rash

Any injury update?
Amad said on this twitter page "the knee to knee in the first half bothered me in the second half. Otherwise I'm fine".

Sounds like it was just an impact injury and should be ok in a day or two.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Would be nice. Bit of a dream though. I think the combination of desperately needing reinforcements in CB, CM and CF along with the absence of European football and the impact it will have on our FFP-constrained finances, means we're unlikely to go for yet another winger this summer. Not to mention, that Olise would have suitors from teams who's fortunes are much better than ours at the moment. Our chances of landing him would be on the slim side.

So long as Amad gets game time at RW next season, that's fine both for us and for his own development.
If we get a good offer for Bruno, I would sell him.

Who are these better options for Olise ?
Villa - but would they be able to retain this form next year ?
Arsenal- when fit, Saka starts always.
Liverpool- sure, all depends if Salah leaves or not.
Chelsea and Newcastle- pretty much on the same boat as.

Litch

Amad said on this twitter page "the knee to knee in the first half bothered me in the second half. Otherwise I'm fine".

Sounds like it was just an impact injury and should be ok in a day or two.
Thanks, this might explain the drop off too.

ColvaleGoa

Thr amount of fans wanting to sell Bruno is amazing. Amad has a long way to go before he comes anywhere close to Bruno

Red Rash

Thr amount of fans wanting to sell Bruno is amazing. Amad has a long way to go before he comes anywhere close to Bruno
Not wanting to share my personal opinion on the topic but I think they are two totally different cases.

Amad is a young up and coming player who seems to have a lot of potential and has a particular style of play that is aligned to a team who want to maintain a possession based game. A lot of fans want us to be more dominant on the ball.

Bruno is a more experienced player on big wages and is effective but also a high risk kind of player that can cause a lot of attacks to break down.

I think you can want Amad to stay and Bruno to go even if you believe Bruno is the better player at the moment.

Jezpeza

I’d be happy with him as first choice RW in our current squad and next season if nothing changes personnel wise at RW. Dont know why he hasnt played more - theres been a ridiculous focus on trying to play antony into form or shunt garnacho right to try and play rashford into form. I’d sell or demote antony and rashford for diallo and Garnacho.

that said, we need to develop Garnacho I feel like he is stalling - our coaches need to work with him on decision making and end product

lost7

I like Amad but he's still got to prove he can be a starter here, those saying he should be a starter next season are jumping the gun. He needs to be given a run of games now and then we take it from there

jesperjaap

I like Amad but he's still got to prove he can be a starter here, those saying he should be a starter next season are jumping the gun. He needs to be given a run of games now and then we take it from there
Completely agree, pushing him as a starter after 2/3games all season? Obviously not his fault but he looked reallybright when first came here then fadeda little, didnt look ready.

I think what heHAS done in thebrief appearances is ccertainly show heis a good shout as a second option squad player. Still think we needto sign first choice left and right wingers as Garnacho has done well this season....but certainly isnt ready to be first choice.

We should really be able to finance a new front three too with Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Antony, Pellestri as possible sales...Doue, Olise, Roque for example we should have a good £80m+ left over, almost gets Neves too

Gordon S

He`s a delight to watch as always but i did not want to be reminded of the complete lack of movement around him. Players are literally just standing around him and watching him. Makes me want to punch something

Jezpeza

Not really. If we can’t/don’t want to invest at RW this summer then who starts there next season? Antony? Really?

RuudTom83

It’s so hard for the young lads coming into United.

If Amad had an experienced CF in the middle and an experience winger opposite, with a functional midfield behind him then the task becomes so much easier.

Gotta feel for them.

Jezpeza

It’s so hard for the young lads coming into United.

If Amad had an experienced CF in the middle and an experience winger opposite, with a functional midfield behind him then the task becomes so much easier.

Gotta feel for them.
Its not ideal. Hojlund, Mainoo, Garnacho have all been horrifically exposed by the sack of turd that makes up our more senior players this season. Diallo somehow hasnt been given game time despite the abject nature of Rashford and Antony week in week out.

But also, we are a bit weird sometimes with our younger players. We send youngsters out on loan for too many seasons. Amad is 21 years old now, we need to stop treating him like he is a 16 year old. He should get games and starts. Hannibal and Pellestri could never get a sniff and they are 21 and 22 now respectively.

Even as a fanbase we act like Diallo is a youngster to be eased in at 21 but then the transfer forums are full of fans calling for Neves and Branthwaite for instance to be signed to play lots who are 19 and 21 respectively

city-puma

Arse has Odegaard, cheaty has Bernardo. We have Amad. He simply just needs to play more.

Trex

He's ideal for a possession based team that try to overload wide areas utilizing triangles and short passes. I think him and Mainoo's creativity would only become more obvious in this situation. We have to move away from this long pass system that we try to play if we want to to get the best of them.

MadMike

If we get a good offer for Bruno, I would sell him.

Who are these better options for Olise ?
Villa - but would they be able to retain this form next year ?
Arsenal- when fit, Saka starts always.
Liverpool- sure, all depends if Salah leaves or not.
Chelsea and Newcastle- pretty much on the same boat as.
This is all complete speculation but I think City, Liverpool and Chelsea will all try for him. He will have great options

For City, there's a lot of rumours that B.Silva (who's been angling to leave for Barca for a while) will be granted his wish. He signed an extension last summer with a reported buy-out clause for foreign teams. There's also rumours KDB who's now getting on a bit and quite injury prone, will be on his way out. Which would likely bring Foden in the #10 position, further weakening their RW options which would force them to move on the market.

For Liverpool, I reckon Salah is as good as gone this summer. He's entering the last year of his contract and him being an Arabic speaking, Muslim Egyptian... I reckon Saudi sides will come calling for him again and Liverpool will undoubtedly sell. They will not match the Saudis on contract terms for a 33yo and they will not want to lose him for free next summer while he spends a year grumbling. They will need to move for RW in that case.

Finally for Chelsea, it looks like Poch has turned things around and will be staying on. He has given the #10 role to Palmer and has pushed Gallagher to CM. Which means they only have 1 RW and that's Noni Madueke who hasn't done too well. Plus, Boehly fecking loves a winger. So I reckon they will move for a RW again.

I think all these teams are better options for Olise. City is an obvious one, but Liverpool will also offer CL football and in general more consistency than United have shown in recent years. Chelsea has London going for them and the fact that they also pay high salaries under Boehly. If they qualify for Europa league as well they also have that going for them. And if Poch is staying on, there will be less uncertainty about them next season than about United.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Quick thought for those who asked why we were so adamant on him starting.

Adamsk7

needs a run of games next season otherwise we would have done his career dirty

L1nk

The fact he's barely been given a sniff, i'm sorry but that is a bit of an inditement on ETH. He may yet turn out to not be all that, but his performances when he is on suggests he deserves much more of a chance than Antony at least.

Ekeke

Very good game, lovely goal and thats why its been frustrating a few times in the previous few matches where he has the chance to shoot and didnt.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Another good performance. I hold my breathe every time he gets tackled though, he seems a bit fragile.

That will be his place in the final cemented though.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The fact he's barely been given a sniff, i'm sorry but that is a bit of an inditement on ETH. He may yet turn out to not be all that, but his performances when he is on suggests he deserves much more of a chance than Antony at least.
Of course it is. Any of us that watched him compared to Antony knew it was fecking sackable starting the latter so much.

And it took him all of 2 starts to put up a better performance than Antony ever has with us.

lost7

Yeah ok I finally see it, he's more than just tidy on the ball. Baller, let's hope we build him up right, him, Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund could be our future

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can't believe ETH stuck with Antony for so long when he could only dream to play this well.

acid_fuji

He has better left foot than Antony. Ridiculous why he has not been playing more. If it’s not some disciplinary issues then I don’t understand why keep him on the bench. Link up play with Bruno and Mainoo amazing.