View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Grande

I'm not worried. Today he had to "connect" with Wan Bissaka, Mctominay and Hojlund. Next season the situation will be completely different. I hope.

I've heard he's been fit since December, not sure if that's true but imagine how shit he must've been in training that Antony was playing over him. bite
Very promising first half from him today. Faded in the second. The big difference between him and the others now is in fitting in with the movement of others, and his end product. Even Antony got one shot off in his 30 min, and a few balls into the box. Garnacho must have had 20 of both. Amad has to learn stuff like that to be able to carry his load as an attacking player, meaning others will have to carry him a bit while he’s still learning.

Kostov

He is the type of player of whom you can't take the ball away, that's a rare talent and I think he should be give a run of games.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Very promising first half from him today. Faded in the second. The big difference between him and the others now is in fitting in with the movement of others, and his end product. Even Antony got one shot off in his 30 min, and a few balls into the box. Garnacho must have had 20 of both. Amad has to learn stuff like that to be able to carry his load as an attacking player, meaning others will have to carry him a bit while he’s still learning.
The learning curve applies to both him and the players around. I can't imagine worse partners than Wan Bissaka, McTominay and Hojlund to play sophisticated football. This will get better naturally.
I also think he's been quite reluctant to take defenders on, understandably so as he doesn't possess high speed like Rashford or even Garnacho. He looks like a good ball carrier/progressor, the kind of players that are fashionable there days (see Peps football).

Anyway, he does provide a different dimension and I would love to see him with Dalot on right hand side. Exciting little player who also seems to know how to be useful off the ball/defensively, what apparently doesn't come very often in United players.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Composed and tidy on the ball but he doesn't actually look like much of a threat.
He needs to finish the season as a starter though.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he was really good. Well as good as you can be in this dysfunctional side. I do reckon in a better team he would be a star. You can see he’s looking to cut in and get the shot off, just needs abit of support from others to open up the space because I think he can clearly strike a ball well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seems talented even if he has a lot to prove in terms of decisiveness and impact. Hope the next manager makes better use of him and he shows his worth then. I get that Antony is defensively good but based on Amad’s infrequent first team appearances he should have played much more than he has. I get not building him up enormously as some here do - but such little playing time? It’s just odd when Garnacho is the only entire in that position the entire season.

Gordon S

I'm not worried. Today he had to "connect" with Wan Bissaka, Mctominay and Hojlund. Next season the situation will be completely different. I hope.

I've heard he's been fit since December, not sure if that's true but imagine how shit he must've been in training that Antony was playing over him. bite
Amad being stuck on the bench is a mystery. Whenever you see comments from staff about him it seems to be positive. Whenever he plays he gives enough to warrant more chances. Hopefully it changes in the summer, he should definitely be a part of our starting 11 going forward, imo.
Yeah, and also hopefully we can have more players on the same wavelength around him already for next season

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Sometimes I just wonder how things would have panned out had we shown more trust in Our own scouts rather than just letting Managers dictate things more or less .
Out of his 11 or 12 players, maybe 2 are a success? I think Perez of RM said that 2 out of 3 have to succeed.

Camilo

He's a very neat, technically sorted player, I really enjoyed watching him yesterday.

But he did absolutely nothing. I know we're crap, but he did didn't affect the game at all. Garnacho might be a little rougher as a player, but he forced the issue every time he got the ball.

Hopefully they can both step up a bit more. Rashford is an empty shirt so shouldn't be allowed to take any playing time from either.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Didn't watch the match highlights, compilation looks good. Still believe in him, immensely talented player.

Bobski

I would like to see him play the 10 role before the season ends, interesting potential for that role with his technical adeptness, ability to turn and hold it under pressure. Maybe lacks the acceleration and speed for the wide spot that you would prefer.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I think he is a quality player, ceiling is ridiculous with that dribbling. I fully expected with AWB & Mctom near him his output to be zero against the team top of the league but always looks like one of the best players on the field with his ability to retain the ball, find space and seemed to link up very well with Mainoo and Garnacho despite not having much game time this season which affects players big time.

As others have said he offers far more than Rashford, Sancho or Antony.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I would like to see him play the 10 role before the season ends, interesting potential for that role with his technical adeptness, ability to turn and hold it under pressure. Maybe lacks the acceleration and speed for the wide spot that you would prefer.
That will be his position in the long-term, imo. Just doesn't have the pace and the explosiveness to play on the wings. There were a few times times he had open space in front of him but he didn't run into it as he was afraid he would get by their defensive back. He is a very good player who has the rare ability to be good under pressure, very good dribbling and has an excellent vision. Though, his skills will shine more playing centrally.

BarstoolProphet

He showed great chemistry with Mainoo, but everything completely stopped when AWB entered the mix. Several times Amad was looking for movement and overlaps and instead AWB offered some premium circle movements.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Not going to happen with this manager but I agree it'd be a very interesting experiment.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Technically superb and looks after the ball so well. However, so out of place in this team where the manager hasn't shown any clue on style of play. He would be superb in a team like City, where his ball retention would be fully maximised.

Glorio

He was good today and only reinforced my belief that his lack of playing time is driven by some disciplinary issues we are not privy to, as on purely ability level there’s no way he should be so far behind all of our other options.

If ETH stays (which I still believe will happen) he needs a loan to a team he will play for, he’s probably ready to play in PL and any other top league at least as a proper squad option.
We have no idea if that's the case.

Could be that he represents clear evidence of terrible decision made by the manager to push the board to splurge £85M on a player he had worked with, which turned out worse than the current options.

Could be the directness of Garnacho suits this team better with the way we play

It is clear he is a very good player and if he gets the investment and trust of the management team and his team mates, he will get even better.

His spell at Sunderland revealed how quickly he can take on instructions and adapt from being a nice, tidy player who holds possession well to being ruthlessly decisive.

Bobski

That will be his position in the long-term, imo. Just doesn't have the pace and the explosiveness to play on the wings. There were a few times times he had open space in front of him but he didn't run into it as he was afraid he would get by their defensive back. He is a very good player who has the rare ability to be good under pressure, very good dribbling and has an excellent vision. Though, his skills will shine more playing centrally.
Tactics all season have been to hoof it into the channels for the wide guys to chase, Diallo doesn't have the running power for that, which is probably why he has been underplayed.

Set up a team to keep the ball and play some football and there could be a great deal of value in his skillset.

El Jefe

Amad has been the same player here for like three seasons. The fans seem to like him more than any manager has as that’s only because we get excited by having a technical player. There must be a reason why EtH and Ole rarely play him.

He just seems too small and doesn’t affect the game enough for me. He was involved today but usually the game can just pass him by with him looking neat whenever he gets it.

He’s clearly very talented but physically he looks like a boy out there. I’d probably loan him one more time or sell with a buyback clause.

ROFLUTION

Just play him and see where he lands.

All his technical stuff fits great in the last 3rd of the pitch.

We just need some sort of magical fluid to bind Mainoo/Garnacho/Diallo and Højlund together. And a garbageman next to Mainoo.

The magical fluid to bind it together could be Bruno if he played more advanced and behind the striker imo. It was where we saw the best from Bruno some seasons ago too. We need goals, yet our best player Bruno isn't played in an advanced position.

Theo88

He's a very neat, technically sorted player, I really enjoyed watching him yesterday.

But he did absolutely nothing. I know we're crap, but he did didn't affect the game at all. Garnacho might be a little rougher as a player, but he forced the issue every time he got the ball.

Hopefully they can both step up a bit more. Rashford is an empty shirt so shouldn't be allowed to take any playing time from either.
I dont know about the absolutely nothing part, you could say that for the team not him. And garnacho kept trying but ultimately all his passes were erratic, and his dribbling failed him badly.

I think he (Amad) is still not used playing the 'big boys' in the PL and that makes sense. still, he passes the eye test and he is more of an IT factor than and RW we utilised the past 24 months - at least he tried to play a passing game, his vision isnt horrible and his technical skill looks amazing.

It's criminal he hasnt played all year, there must be a reason other than trying to get Antony back to form.

JeffFromHK

"He played well! The reason why ETH didn't use him must be because he has disciplinary issues" is the one of the funniest mental gymnastics I have seen here

dutchred

I liked how he played, he really needs game time to hone his ability and get a game rhythm going, his natural ability on the ball is there for all to see, and I am confident with enough game time he will lock down the RW spot as his own.
His best position is at #10. He can do a job at RW, at least he is better than Antony

Grande

The learning curve applies to both him and the players around. I can't imagine worse partners than Wan Bissaka, McTominay and Hojlund to play sophisticated football. This will get better naturally.
I also think he's been quite reluctant to take defenders on, understandably so as he doesn't possess high speed like Rashford or even Garnacho. He looks like a good ball carrier/progressor, the kind of players that are fashionable there days (see Peps football).

Anyway, he does provide a different dimension and I would love to see him with Dalot on right hand side. Exciting little player who also seems to know how to be useful off the ball/defensively, what apparently doesn't come very often in United players.
Yes, it’s surely a relational thing, and not exclusive to Amad. A player like Garnacho, or the young Rashford, can be effective earlier because some of their qualities are less dependent on these relations. Even in Garnacho’s first appearances, he would create danger simply by being set up 1-on-1 with a full back. Amad has so far been a player that even wins the ball, has some beautiful touches to make space for himself, strikes a tidy and precise pass, but at the end of the move the team hasn’t been closer to goal. The end of the Liverpool game and the raid that could have led to a penalty vs Arsenal are for me glimpses of what he needs to show more of, and is starting to show, at this level. I’m very optimistic that he’s going to be able to do it more regularily next season.

Ironically, at least according to many’s viewpoint, I think it will benefit him personally if Ten Hag continues, compared to maybe most of the touted alternatives. Even if you may very well argue that Ten Hag has been slow to blood him (personally I tend to disagree with that under the circumstances), I think he knows his strengths and needs for development, and has a plan for him (in cooperation with Fletcher and the other coaches). This may make him more patient with his pro’s and cons than a new manager (with new coaches). Of course this is long shot speculation, feel free to call it far fetched..

Red Regista

He's better than Antony and 23/24 Rashford.

Not better than Sancho or Greenwood though.

Should play for the last couple of games, instead of Antony and Rashford.

Shinjch

Tidy on the ball, we know he has that though. Really needs to develop his game off the ball and how he can hurt teams. Should have got more game time the last few months anyway as the other options are pathetic.

Nick7

Glad he finally got a start, think he's a player that needs to start to show what he's actually about rather than coming off the bench.

OleGunnar20

Agreed, and I think that's a step up that he'll only take with some consistent gametime. It's mad that he's had so little this year considering his competition.

I like him a lot and think with a few more players around him on the same wavelength (Im thinking Mount, Dalot, Mainoo from our current lot would mesh well) he'd be a real asset.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is more of a David Silva than a Mahrez. ( style).

Get Olise on right and play this guy as no 10

Litch

He'd make a great system player and would look good in a Brighton shirt....

MadMike

He is more of a David Silva than a Mahrez. ( style).

Get Olise on right and play this guy as no 10
Would be nice. Bit of a dream though. I think the combination of desperately needing reinforcements in CB, CM and CF along with the absence of European football and the impact it will have on our FFP-constrained finances, means we're unlikely to go for yet another winger this summer. Not to mention, that Olise would have suitors from teams who's fortunes are much better than ours at the moment. Our chances of landing him would be on the slim side.

So long as Amad gets game time at RW next season, that's fine both for us and for his own development.