All ticket/travel information thread - 2024/25 edition - Ticket Purchasing FAQ in OP. Please read it and be careful purchasing tickets

Well no, just do due diligence on who you forward it to?

Would I sell on here to lads who are vouched for? Absolutely. Would I sell to randoms off twitter / Facebook - I'd be alot more careful
People should certainly be careful - i forwarded a ticket to a bloke off here yesterday and he was a right dodgy sort !

People should certainly be careful - i forwarded a ticket to a bloke off here yesterday and he was a right dodgy sort !

I was actually in a philosophical zen like mood yesterday as it all fell apart around us.

Well no, just do due diligence on who you forward it to?

Would I sell on here to lads who are vouched for? Absolutely. Would I sell to randoms off twitter / Facebook - I'd be alot more careful

Nail on head.

For yesterday I forwarded some of our tickets to family members of one of the season ticket holders. Am I feck going to ask them to buy £35-40 memberships for each person just for one game, so I created them free memberships and got them to cover the £10 forwarding fees for each ticket. Some people are even taking pictures of QR codes to avoid forwarding but I do expect United to close that loophole at some point.

As @Utd heap implies, it’s all about common sense with who you are forwarding to. If they can be trusted, free/forwarding membership should be fine and if not then insist it’s a full member to protect your ST.

It’s crazy to think about 3 years ago a STH was not allowed to pass on their ticket for even face value and would get done for doing so if caught.

Update to the OP with tips for safe selling to come soon hopefully!

What a day to go, huh? Still loved the experience. And obviously behaved well. BBC have me sitting alone amongst red seats after the game as the picture boy of a disappointed, defeated fan.

I'm a bit shocked at the level and wide spread of bad behaviour expected here. I haven't lived in the UK for a long time, but are things really this bad that it's the rule and not the exception?

Maybe we could add a thread in here, rating forwarding members, so season ticket holders could see if somebody is reliable or not. Or if they can just behave like you would expect from a grown-up.

What a day indeed, however there have been many of these over the past 10 years so it’s a relatively regular occurrence unfortunately.

I did enjoy the 10-15 min period of defiance from the terraces at 2-0 down when we had some attacks to try and nick a goal. I remember when we got trounced 3-0 by Liverpool under Moyes - one of the best experiences I’ve had at OT was the non-stop singing for the end of the game. Through thick and thin.

Utd asking fans to take passport to the game in Porto. Will that be a full requirement do you reckon or will a picture of it along side physical driving licence be okay? I know it was similar for Betis where they got a bit arsey but allowed just a picture anyway. Obviously would rather not have to carry my passport around being on the booze all day and late at night

Utd asking fans to take passport to the game in Porto. Will that be a full requirement do you reckon or will a picture of it along side physical driving licence be okay? I know it was similar for Betis where they got a bit arsey but allowed just a picture anyway. Obviously would rather not have to carry my passport around being on the booze all day and late at night
I’ve heard that names aren’t even on the tickets so that would be a pointless exercise , has anyone received their tickets yet to confirm this ?

I’ve heard that names aren’t even on the tickets so that would be a pointless exercise , has anyone received their tickets yet to confirm this ?
No I haven't got mine I was wondering the same cos utd sent an email out saying the away guide and that ticket is below. But there was no ticket attached or nothing

I have mine. My name definitely isn't on there, but the e-mail states: "Please also have your passport with you - we have been advised that checks will take place prior to entry."

They will be far more interested in firing rubber bullets at you over checking the name on your ticket if my experience of following Utd in Portugal is anything to go by.

My experience of Portugal is that it's one of the more civilised countries to watch United. Don't tend to hold us back after a game.

Chelsea ballot results out today.. How did we get on?

I got sorted anyhow, just hope the team does by then or it'll be another drubbing...

I have mine. My name definitely isn't on there, but the e-mail states: "Please also have your passport with you - we have been advised that checks will take place prior to entry."
Yeh just realised there's a link to "download ticket" on the email. It's not obvious at all, don't make it easy do they. Are you gonna take passport with you then? It's bloody daft if you do need it. Like I've got a picture of it and will have my hard copy of drivers license if they really wanna know who I am which if you were using in a bar (not that they check anywhere in Europe even if you looked 12) you could use your driving license

Yeh just realised there's a link to "download ticket" on the email. It's not obvious at all, don't make it easy do they. Are you gonna take passport with you then? It's bloody daft if you do need it. Like I've got a picture of it and will have my hard copy of drivers license if they really wanna know who I am which if you were using in a bar (not that they check anywhere in Europe even if you looked 12) you could use your driving license
I’ve got a chest pouch thing that I wear under a light hoodie for matches, so I’m gonna bring my passport in that.

Drivers licence is a decent shout though.

I don't understand this comment ?

If someone gives you their Name & Membership Number you have no idea what kind of membership they have
You can, if you’re sending to a forwarding membership you are told

I have my ticket and my name isn’t on it. Absolute zero chance I’m bringing my passport to the stadium

You can, if you’re sending to a forwarding membership you are told

Not true - who told you this ?

you are probably getting confused with the new option of sending tickets to non-members (for an extra free)

As several people have already told you, there really isn't any extra risk over dealing with people who have a 'Forwarding Membership' over 'Full Membership' - no idea why you think there is some big difference

Can anyone vouch for a lad on twitter called Owen Murray, picture of him is a lad who looks about 15 at St Mary's in a Utd and Saints half and half scarf. Says it all really. Something seems off about him. Mainly retweeting all utd tweets and not much of his own tweets other than having Porto tickets today
I’ve got a chest pouch thing that I wear under a light hoodie for matches, so I’m gonna bring my passport in that.

Drivers licence is a decent shout though.
Fair enough mate it's just annoying to keep hold of when on the beer all day and walking about in a place u don't know

Not true - who told you this ?

you are probably getting confused with the new option of sending tickets to non-members (for an extra free)

As several people have already told you, there really isn't any extra risk over dealing with people who have a 'Forwarding Membership' over 'Full Membership' - no idea why you think there is some big difference
It comes up as you are sending it ( well it did last season) there is of course an extra risk if you are sending on randomnly without doing due diligence . as a poster has already mentioned you can get your ST cancelled.

For those who sell tickets on here, would you generally be more willing to sell to someone who has a forwarding membership?

Got another issue now with Brentford tickets. My mate has purchased a ticket for his cousin who has a forwarding membership, and he's not able to forward it to him - am I right in saying that forwarding membership only works for when you are trying to forward season tickets for single games rather than distribute tickets you purchased as a regular member?

It comes up as you are sending it ( well it did last season) there is of course an extra risk if you are sending on randomnly without doing due diligence . as a poster has already mentioned you can get your ST cancelled.
What comes up exactly?

That risk is the same regardless if someone is a Full Member or has a Forwarding Membership - there is no major difference that I know of

For those who sell tickets on here, would you generally be more willing to sell to someone who has a forwarding membership?
Yes

Got another issue now with Brentford tickets. My mate has purchased a ticket for his cousin who has a forwarding membership, and he's not able to forward it to him - am I right in saying that forwarding membership only works for when you are trying to forward season tickets for single games rather than distribute tickets you purchased as a regular member?
Yes

Only season ticket holders can forward tickets.

Never had an issue with selling a ticket to someone on here, Sultan used had a google sheet or something for safe buyers/sellers but I can’t find it. Could start a new one again as there’s plenty of users on here I would vouch for.

Nail on head.

For yesterday I forwarded some of our tickets to family members of one of the season ticket holders. Am I feck going to ask them to buy £35-40 memberships for each person just for one game, so I created them free memberships and got them to cover the £10 forwarding fees for each ticket. Some people are even taking pictures of QR codes to avoid forwarding but I do expect United to close that loophole at some point.

As @Utd heap implies, it’s all about common sense with who you are forwarding to. If they can be trusted, free/forwarding membership should be fine and if not then insist it’s a full member to protect your ST.

It’s crazy to think about 3 years ago a STH was not allowed to pass on their ticket for even face value and would get done for doing so if caught.

Update to the OP with tips for safe selling to come soon hopefully!

I'm not sure if the policy around this has changed at all? I asked the club at the start of the season whether STHs are able to sell their tickets to friends/family (members) for face value or less as I am not able to make as many matches as possible this season. The guy at the ticket office said T&Cs state no but they understand that this can happen so as long as they are forwarded through the official process then it should be fine.

I recall an email going out to members who had received forwarded tickets from STHs asking them if they've paid above face value (think value was above £53 from memory) which contradicts what I was told slightly.

What comes up exactly?

That risk is the same regardless if someone is a Full Member or has a Forwarding Membership - there is no major difference that I know of
The major difference is full member is held accountable and forwarding membership the ST holder is held accountable.

The major difference is full member is held accountable and forwarding membership the ST holder is held accountable.
So then I'm assuming that as a visitor to the UK hoping to be able to buy a ticket to a match on this forum, buying a full membership for £40 will increase the chances that someone will sell me a ticket?

So then I'm assuming that as a visitor to the UK hoping to be able to buy a ticket to a match on this forum, buying a full membership for £40 will increase the chances that someone will sell me a ticket?
Lite membership is the cheapest and best option

I don't think that is true - a tout can buy a full membership just as easily as a forwarding membership and if the club was to find out your ticket was eventually sold on at a higher price then you would lose your ST regardless

You just have to know who you are forwarding to

A few weeks ago, I put a message on this thread about a ‘Discord’ that sends you a notification whenever a United ticket goes up for sale on the website.

Anyway, I saw the lad again at the weekend and he told me that it is just called Seatify - https://www.seatify.co.uk/.

No idea how it works in reality but he assured me that it is useful as long as you respond to the notification fairly quickly

Please don’t shoot the messenger

Looking for a pair for Brentford. Have bought/sold on here before albeit a few seasons back.