All ticket/travel information thread - 2024/25 edition - Ticket Purchasing FAQ in OP. Please read it and be careful purchasing tickets

understand what you are saying but if its properly weighted then their needs to be some form of acceptance. needs to be made fairer for everyone and not get to a point where people dont even have a chance to go. i have arsenal and leicester mates who just dont get a sniff of anything as all the old school have ridiculous amount of credits (Domestic and away) so no one new gets a chance.
people may need to accept they wont be going to all euro aways. i mean does anyone get to all 19 away league games? the ballot will work if managed properly but rewards loyalty as well.
Based on this idea nobody would be able to book travel until three weeks or so before the game when the club has run the ballot.

My £60 Porto flights would currently be £296 and my £85 Istanbul flights would be £185. No thanks.

How quickly after they run the ballot are you informed if youve been successful or not for European aways?

Do they inform you by email I guess?

How quickly after they run the ballot are you informed if youve been successful or not for European aways?

Do they inform you by email I guess?
Porto was the day the ballot closed, same as domestic aways.

Based on this idea nobody would be able to book travel until three weeks or so before the game when the club has run the ballot.

My £60 Porto flights would currently be £296 and my £85 Istanbul flights would be £185. No thanks.
Agreed, I feel I've earned the privilege of being able to book flights & hotels as soon as the draw is made knowing I'm guaranteed a ticket because of the number of credits I have.

Having said that, like with domestic aways people will apply even if they can't go and either sort a mate out who was chubbed or swap for another away with someone.

Anyone pissed off about European away tickets is about to be exceedingly more pissed off.

Information being reported that they are going to do away with collection of tickets for Euro aways and they will be sent to applicants home addresses.

The number of people on maximum credits is going to sore in the next year or 2
It’s a joke of a system. It looks like Jim is cost cutting again . Collection was a great system. Basically setting up a touting system while they’re trying to stop it in other ways. Very frustrating

Awful idea. there was nothing wrong with the collection system. Worked perfectly

How can the club not see this is such a bad idea?
Because they won’t have to pay 6-8 members of staff flights , accomodation , expenses and booking a hotel room to hand out tickets . They can email them for nothing and they don’t care who gets them as long as they’re sold.
They need to implement a system where non scanned tickets get penilised .

I am in a bit of a predicament now. Bought two tickets for Spurs, one under my membership and one for my wife under my friend’s membership (didn’t want to pay £35 membership fee for one game). I have tried logging into his account on her phone but it warns me that I won’t be able to use this or any future tickets on any other device, ever. The problem is I am going to Brentford game in 3 weeks with the same friend whose account I am trying to use now and not intending to bring my wife’s phone with me. :lol: Any way to solve this?

I am in a bit of a predicament now. Bought two tickets for Spurs, one under my membership and one for my wife under my friend’s membership (didn’t want to pay £35 membership fee for one game). I have tried logging into his account on her phone but it warns me that I won’t be able to use this or any future tickets on any other device, ever. The problem is I am going to Brentford game in 3 weeks with the same friend whose account I am trying to use now and not intending to bring my wife’s phone with me. :lol: Any way to solve this?

In your online (website, not app) United account, set up an "App Ticketing" relationship with your mates membership. After this, the second ticket should appear on your app - might need to close and reopen the app. Alternative is to set up your mates account on your wife's phone, then next week get your mate to call up the ticket office and say he's got a new phone so he needs to set up the app again.

In your online (website, not app) United account, set up an "App Ticketing" relationship with your mates membership. After this, the second ticket should appear on your app - might need to close and reopen the app. Alternative is to set up your mates account on your wife's phone, then next week get your mate to call up the ticket office and say he's got a new phone so he needs to set up the app again.
Thanks mate, linking the accounts worked perfectly. I can see both tickets in my app now. You’re a life saver!

I'm 52 years old, was given a hand-made Utd badge and a footy by my uncle the day I was born. And now I'm standing outside Old Trafford for the first time in my life. Oh boy.

I'm not a member and I don't have my (British) passport as I'm being issued a new visa for abroad. Is there any way I can get a ticket for tomorrow anyway?

Living out of the UK I'm utterly out of the loop re. getting tickets. Last time I made a game was when I took my son (a United fanatic since birth) to OT for the first time in Dec 2016 thanks to Sultan. He is a pro water polo player in Spain this season and will be in the UK to see my family over Christmas and would love to go to the Newcastle game. So how can I get him a couple of tickets? Is there any way to buy them if you aren't a season ticket holder?

I'm 52 years old, was given a hand-made Utd badge and a footy by my uncle the day I was born. And now I'm standing outside Old Trafford for the first time in my life. Oh boy.

I'm not a member and I don't have my (British) passport as I'm being issued a new visa for abroad. Is there any way I can get a ticket for tomorrow anyway?

Living out of the UK I'm utterly out of the loop re. getting tickets. Last time I made a game was when I took my son (a United fanatic since birth) to OT for the first time in Dec 2016 thanks to Sultan. He is a pro water polo player in Spain this season and will be in the UK to see my family over Christmas and would love to go to the Newcastle game. So how can I get him a couple of tickets? Is there any way to buy them if you aren't a season ticket holder?

I'm going to kill two birds with one stone here... (P.S. @Wibble, I see you are staff here - is there a way we can have a pinned post or similar in this thread to answer FAQs like you have both asked?)

Official options - Face value costs of tickets in the region of £30-£55 (excluding executive tickets)

Option 1 as a full/lite member (£40/£35 per adult)
With this membership you have the chance to buy tickets directly from the club when they go on sale. There are multiple sale points for each game, including start of season, randomly announced dates by the club and even on the week/day of the game. See post from @corno_mufc above saying they got one today for Spurs. Most of the time it takes a lot of work refreshing the site to pick up tickets using this method.

Option 2 as a forwarding member (£20 per adult)
With this membership, you can't buy tickets directly from the club but you can be forwarded them by other season ticket holders. For example, season ticket holders in this thread who need to get rid of a game. @Gums, there is a chance that a single ticket will pop up in this thread between now and the game tomorrow which you would be able to receive as a forwarding member. Same goes for you @Wibble, however I appreciate it is annoying having to pay for any type of membership when you only want to go to a one-off match...

Option 3 as a free member
There's not much you can do with this membership other than receive tickets from a season ticket holder, however there is a £10 charge by the club for this to happen which you should cover really as season ticket holders would much prefer to forward to paid members otherwise.

Unofficial options - Cost will fluctuate heavily based on popularity of the match

We don't endorse these options but you can try unofficial sites or someone outside the ground selling on matchday. You should definitely take care when considering these options as there are a lot of scammers out there. Safety measures would include using a credit card for an unofficial site as they offer buyer protection. If trying someone outside the ground, ask to be taken inside the ground by them with the ticket and you will pay them when inside.

Hope this helps!

I'm going to kill two birds with one stone here... (P.S. @Wibble, I see you are staff here - is there a way we can have a pinned post or similar in this thread to answer FAQs like you have both asked?)

Official options - Face value costs of tickets in the region of £30-£55 (excluding executive tickets)

With this membership you have the chance to buy tickets directly from the club when they go on sale. There are multiple sale points for each game, including start of season, randomly announced dates by the club and even on the week/day of the game. See post from @corno_mufc above saying they got one today for Spurs. Most of the time it takes a lot of work refreshing the site to pick up tickets using this method.

With this membership, you can't buy tickets directly from the club but you can be forwarded them by other season ticket holders. For example, season ticket holders in this thread who need to get rid of a game. @Gums, there is a chance that a single ticket will pop up in this thread between now and the game tomorrow which you would be able to receive as a forwarding member. Same goes for you @Wibble, however I appreciate it is annoying having to pay for any type of membership when you only want to go to a one-off match...

There's not much you can do with this membership other than receive tickets from a season ticket holder, however there is a £10 charge by the club for this to happen which you should cover really as season ticket holders would much prefer to forward to paid members otherwise.

Unofficial options - Cost will fluctuate heavily based on popularity of the match

We don't endorse these options but you can try unofficial sites or someone outside the ground selling on matchday. You should definitely take care when considering these options as there are a lot of scammers out there. Safety measures would include using a credit card for an unofficial site as they offer buyer protection. If trying someone outside the ground, ask to be taken inside the ground by them with the ticket and you will pay them when inside.

Hope this helps!
That's an extremely helpful post. Thanks for putting in the time and effort. Appreciate it very much.

Hope this helps!
That is awesome. Thanks mate.

I've put a slightly edited version in the OP and flagged it in the title of this thread. I added an option 4 for expensive hospitality options though 3rd parties. Could you read it please as I may be talking through my arse? Thanks again.

If anybody has a single ticket for tonight for a forwarding member, I'd very much appreciate it.

Got one!

Last edited:
If anybody has a single ticket for tonight for a forwarding member, I'd very much appreciate it.
Got to the official Website mate, there’s singles there currently. I got a single for the Stretford End this morning.

Got to the official Website mate, there’s singles there currently. I got a single for the Stretford End this morning.
Thanks mate, already got lucky. As one of the options @NextSeason suggested, I got a forwarding membership for £20 and a kind season ticket holder sold me his seat for tonight. Flawless procedure, love it. All done and ticket on my phone within minutes. I think for somebody like me who travels a lot, the forwarding membership is a great solution.

Thanks mate, already got lucky. As one of the options @NextSeason suggested, I got a forwarding membership for £20 and a kind season ticket holder sold me his seat for tonight. Flawless procedure, love it. All done and ticket on my phone within minutes. I think for somebody like me who travels a lot, the forwarding membership is a great solution.
You’re lucky a season ticket holder gave you a ticket through forwarding membership. A few of my mates are ST’s holders and won’t send on tickets to forwarding membership because if anything happens at the game with that ticket holder with abuse / racist chanting / drunk etc that ST holder is held accountable and not you. ( not saying you’re going to cause trouble or anything such !)

You’re lucky a season ticket holder gave you a ticket through forwarding membership. A few of my mates are ST’s holders and won’t send on tickets to forwarding membership because if anything happens at the game with that ticket holder with abuse / racist chanting / drunk etc that ST holder is held accountable and not you. ( not saying you’re going to cause trouble or anything such !)
Being a responsible grown up I'm obviously going to behave like one (aside from maybe cheering like a mad man if we score and/or win) but it's a good point to make people aware of. It's a worry I can understand but didn't even think about before.

Great, glad you got it sorted :+1:

I’ve just put two on the resale website. Game says sold out but tickets not been moved on. Can’t move on on here we one or them was a member ticket

Buzzing for you that you are sorted! Now it definitely makes the little bit of time writing that post worth it for me. Enjoy the experience. :cool:

That is awesome. Thanks mate.

I've put a slightly edited version in the OP and flagged it in the title of this thread. I added an option 4 for expensive hospitality options though 3rd parties. Could you read it please as I may be talking through my arse? Thanks again.

That's brilliant, nice one. Good point to add the official hospitality options ahead of the unofficial options actually - if people are potentially willing to pay more than I guess getting them through the club is much safer than getting some unofficially.

Pointing buyers to the OP now will hopefully save time for the usual suspects in here answering queries. Perhaps we can add to this and build on it through the season if we realise there are any gaps.

Fair point. Is this definitely the case for forwarding members rather than free members?

I can't be arsed reading through the T&Cs right now. Perhaps we can add a section for sellers in the OP too and how to sell safely. Whoever kindly sorted @Gums out can take comfort in the fact that they are a full member on this forum, which hopefully heavily reduces the chance of them being a proper tool...or maybe not. ;)

I feel a bit iffy now about forwarding my ticket to randoms. I know of people who did that last season and weren’t aware that the person who bought them was a tout. Somehow the club found out, they were held responsible and had their season tickets cancelled. They appealed but lost and as we know, once your season ticket is gone you don’t get it back and have to join the waiting list.

I feel a bit iffy now about forwarding my ticket to randoms. I know of people who did that last season and weren’t aware that the person who bought them was a tout. Somehow the club found out, they were held responsible and had their season tickets cancelled. They appealed but lost and as we know, once your season ticket is gone you don’t get it back and have to join the waiting list.
Yep , that forwarding membership is a no go for ST holders no matter who it is .

Yep , that forwarding membership is a no go for ST holders no matter who it is .
So if you aren't forwarding to people with forwarding memberships, who are you forwarding to?

Surely it's better to forward to someone with FM rather than someone without a membership at all?

Buzzing for you that you are sorted! Now it definitely makes the little bit of time writing that post worth it for me. Enjoy the experience. :cool:

I can't be arsed reading through the T&Cs right now. Perhaps we can add a section for sellers in the OP too and how to sell safely. Whoever kindly sorted @Gums out can take comfort in the fact that they are a full member on this forum, which hopefully heavily reduces the chance of them being a proper tool...or maybe not. ;)
What a day to go, huh? Still loved the experience. And obviously behaved well. BBC have me sitting alone amongst red seats after the game as the picture boy of a disappointed, defeated fan.

I'm a bit shocked at the level and wide spread of bad behaviour expected here. I haven't lived in the UK for a long time, but are things really this bad that it's the rule and not the exception?

Maybe we could add a thread in here, rating forwarding members, so season ticket holders could see if somebody is reliable or not. Or if they can just behave like you would expect from a grown-up.

Well no, just do due diligence on who you forward it to?

Would I sell on here to lads who are vouched for? Absolutely. Would I sell to randoms off twitter / Facebook - I'd be alot more careful

So if you aren't forwarding to people with forwarding memberships, who are you forwarding to?

Surely it's better to forward to someone with FM rather than someone without a membership at all?
Forward to a member , tell them to upgrade or they don’t get a ticket . Simple as that !

Well no, just do due diligence on who you forward it to?

Would I sell on here to lads who are vouched for? Absolutely. Would I sell to randoms off twitter / Facebook - I'd be alot more careful
That’s your own choice I guess . Some people are ok with doing that but I know a lot of ST holders who won’t

That’s your own choice I guess . Some people are ok with doing that but I know a lot of ST holders who won’t

I just think you're going a bit overboard with the scare stories. Whatever you want to do with your ticket is your call.

I just think you're going a bit overboard with the scare stories. Whatever you want to do with your ticket is your call.
Well considering this was posted earlier I don’t think so.

Forward to a member , tell them to upgrade or they don’t get a ticket . Simple as that !

I don't understand this comment ?

If someone gives you their Name & Membership Number you have no idea what kind of membership they have