All ticket/travel information thread - 2024/25 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

They're charging to forward tickets now?!

Sorry that wasn’t clear. You can forward to members for free as per last season but can now forward to non members but that comes with a £10 fee

The App seems to be working fine for me. But the App being registered to 1 device is going to make it much more difficult to pass on tickets (unless you forward each match to a member / pay £10 each time) which I guess is the club's intention.

Question - I understand that if you refund a Home Cup game back to the club then it impacts away eligibility. What about if you forward/donate Home Cup games? And do the forwarded tickets then need to be used/scanned in order for it to "count"?

I can’t answer this with 100% confidence but I think that the forwarding of any non-league games affects away game eligibility

Go and support someone else then.

It really isn’t that difficult or cumbersome

It obviously is frustrating though. People shouldn’t change their phone throughout the duration of a season? Bit silly if you have to wait until the summer like the transfer window to get a new phone. Or perhaps it’s the INEOS plan in action.

It obviously is frustrating though. People shouldn’t change their phone throughout the duration of a season? Bit silly if you have to wait until the summer like the transfer window to get a new phone. Or perhaps it’s the INEOS plan in action.

you literally just need to ring the club and tell them that you’ve changed the device

really not that difficult or time consuming

Maybe, like other organisations who issue tickets, they are trying to reduce the availability of tickets to touts so that less people get ripped off and maybe more tickets go to members who have missed out previously.

You can, currently, just take a photo of the screen (not a screenshot) and forward that on to someone if you need to. God help people when constantly changing QR codes get implemented though.

you literally just need to ring the club and tell them that you’ve changed the device

Maybe, like other organisations who issue tickets, they are trying to reduce the availability of tickets to touts so that less people get ripped off and maybe more tickets go to members who have missed out previously.

You can, currently, just take a photo of the screen (not a screenshot) and forward that on to someone if you need to. God help people when constantly changing QR codes get implemented though.
Apparently the QR code in the app changes every 15 minutes

I can’t answer this with 100% confidence but I think that the forwarding of any non-league games affects away game eligibility

Just reading the T&Cs on the website
you can use the following options if you cannot attend:

1. Forward your ticket to an Official Member
2. Donate the cost of your ticket to the MU Foundation
3. Return your ticket to the club for a refund by using the resale option online

Do any of these options impact away game eligibility? Yes, returning your ticket to the club for a refund for cup games impacts away game eligibility. Returning a ticket for a Premier League game does not impact away game eligibility.

Only seems to state that returning your ticket for a refund impacts eligibility. Doesn't explicitly say that donating / forwarding does not impact eligibility but not 100%, will ring the club to ask

Yeh support someone else when the club wants to treat us fans like shit. Support someone else when the club are incompetent. Support someone else when the club allow mediocrity. Support someone else when the club are run by parasites. Support someone else when the club act like cnuts.

Yeh support someone else when the club wants to treat us fans like shit. Support someone else when the club are incompetent. Support someone else when the club allow mediocrity. Support someone else when the club are run by parasites. Support someone else when the club act like cnuts.

Fair point.

Just not related to this example

3. Return your ticket to the club for a refund by using the resale option online

Do any of these options impact away game eligibility? Yes, returning your ticket to the club for a refund for cup games impacts away game eligibility. Returning a ticket for a Premier League game does not impact away game eligibility.

Only seems to state that returning your ticket for a refund impacts eligibility. Doesn't explicitly say that donating / forwarding does not impact eligibility but not 100%, will ring the club to ask

interesting and feels surprisingly fair and half decent

Just phoned the club and they confirmed that forwarding Home Cup games or Donating them will not impact away game eligibility. Also it doesn't matter if you forward a Home Cup game to a member and that ticket isn't scanned / used (same applies if you weren't to forward).

The test isnt working for me. Says I wont be sent my season ticket unless I run a test but the test keep failing.

It's more difficult than it should be to be a match-going United supporter. Stupid criteria, stupid systems, shit website, shit comms to boot... and this fecking test they've implemented doesn't even work properly. I've worked in Software delivery for a long time and have never seen something as mindless as this. Maybe it's was their solution to ensure engagement, but at least test in-house that it functions properly FFS.

I don't know how much time you've spent on the phone with 'the club' but it's almost always a painful endeavor.

But anyway, regarding the bolded, I don't know if you're misinformed or just not aware, but this 100% isn't being implemented for 'security' or to 'stop touting' nor does it do either of those things. United are the biggest touts of the lot, selling single tickets to individual games for £400 a pop and offering a 'hospitality service', i.e. you get a pint in a warehouse before sitting in some otherwise undesirable tier 3 seats.

The whole reason they've made it locked to a single device is to increase match-day revenue. Nothing they've done stops touting, it just adds on a £20 'transaction fee' per tout sale which goes to the club in the form of a throwaway membership locked to the buyer's device. To use a local parallel, Taxis at Manchester Airport increasing fares to cover the £5 Manchester Airport exit costs. (Also cnuts... the Airport that is)

As a real world example, here's my use-case: 2x Season Tickets in the highest non-hospitality band. (c. £3k p/a with home cup games). I attend 90% of games with either my wife, mum or sister, work/life. Occasionally my parents will go together, or one of my parents will go with my wife or sister.

To me, that's not touting... just using tickets within my immediate family. The new system means that the £3k I spend on home games will now be closer to £3.1k once we've bought the extra memberships required to enter the stadium. Tell me they're not taking the piss?

Finally, on the app itself. If United were a customer-first organization, the app would've been introduced with as little friction as possible. Instead, what happened...
  • App forced onto users following a self-fulfilling trial
  • Mandatory calls to action (which are broken, ffs) with punishment for failure to complete
  • Device locked
But unfortunately, United are absolutely not a customer/fan-first organisation. They're commercial performance first, marketing/PR second, fans/customers third and sporting performance fourth.

If they had a collective brain, they would've implemented the app with a fair-usage policy, like Amazon or Netflix have done in the past. If your membership is being logged into on 10+ devices across the season for entering the stadium, there's a high chance the ST holder is touting. Warn them and then if it continues, ban them. But if it's being used across 2-3 devices, there's probably nothing to worry about it.

It's more difficult than it should be to be a match-going United supporter. Stupid criteria, stupid systems, shit website, shit comms to boot... and this fecking test they've implemented doesn't even work properly. I've worked in Software delivery for a long time and have never seen something as mindless as this. Maybe it's was their solution to ensure engagement, but at least test in-house that it functions properly FFS.

I don't know how much time you've spent on the phone with 'the club' but it's almost always a painful endeavor.

But anyway, regarding the bolded, I don't know if you're misinformed or just not aware, but this 100% isn't being implemented for 'security' or to 'stop touting' nor does it do either of those things. United are the biggest touts of the lot, selling single tickets to individual games for £400 a pop and offering a 'hospitality service', i.e. you get a pint in a warehouse before sitting in some otherwise undesirable tier 3 seats.

The whole reason they've made it locked to a single device is to increase match-day revenue. Nothing they've done stops touting, it just adds on a £20 'transaction fee' per tout sale which goes to the club in the form of a throwaway membership locked to the buyer's device. To use a local parallel, Taxis at Manchester Airport increasing fares to cover the £5 Manchester Airport exit costs. (Also cnuts... the Airport that is)

As a real world example, here's my use-case: 2x Season Tickets in the highest non-hospitality band. (c. £3k p/a with home cup games). I attend 90% of games with either my wife, mum or sister, work/life. Occasionally my parents will go together, or one of my parents will go with my wife or sister.

To me, that's not touting... just using tickets within my immediate family. The new system means that the £3k I spend on home games will now be closer to £3.1k once we've bought the extra memberships required to enter the stadium. Tell me they're not taking the piss?

Finally, on the app itself. If United were a customer-first organization, the app would've been introduced with as little friction as possible. Instead, what happened...
  • App forced onto users following a self-fulfilling trial
  • Mandatory calls to action (which are broken, ffs) with punishment for failure to complete
  • Device locked
But unfortunately, United are absolutely not a customer/fan-first organisation. They're commercial performance first, marketing/PR second, fans/customers third and sporting performance fourth.

If they had a collective brain, they would've implemented the app with a fair-usage policy, like Amazon or Netflix have done in the past. If your membership is being logged into on 10+ devices across the season for entering the stadium, there's a high chance the ST holder is touting. Warn them and then if it continues, ban them. But if it's being used across 2-3 devices, there's probably nothing to worry about it.

All very valid and fair points and my only comeback is that the app tests that United have ‘asked’ for in the past few weeks worked seamlessly for me and everyone else that I’ve discussed it with - not saying it hasn’t had issues and nobody has had any issues but my experience has been ok. Likewise, whenever I’ve had the misfortune of speaking to the club on the phone, it has been relatively painless.

I must question where the extra £1k comes from in your expenditure for tickets? Aren’t memberships for transferring about £30? You could buy 30 memberships for the additional £1k you say you need to spend.

My main point in all of this is that in this day and age is that people have probably have more than enough to whinge and moan about in life than this particular part of the football club

All very valid and fair points and my only comeback is that the app tests that United have ‘asked’ for in the past few weeks worked seamlessly for me and everyone else that I’ve discussed it with - not saying it hasn’t had issues and nobody has had any issues but my experience has been ok. Likewise, whenever I’ve had the misfortune of speaking to the club on the phone, it has been relatively painless.

I must question where the extra £1k comes from in your expenditure for tickets? Aren’t memberships for transferring about £30? You could buy 30 memberships for the additional £1k you say you need to spend.

My main point in all of this is that in this day and age is that people have probably have more than enough to whinge and moan about in life than this particular part of the football club

That's interesting! There are 5 of us in our Whatsapp: 2 had errors, 2 worked and 1 hasn't tried yet and doesn't want to! Also, I probably didn't explain that too well. :D The extra spend as a result of the new system is £100, increasing the total from £3,000 from £3,100 for home games. (On top of the rise from last season).

Funnily enough I agree with you, but from the complete opposite perspective. For me, there's enough going on in everyone's lives that being a season ticket holder for a football team shouldn't need be such an effort to the point that it becomes a reasonable option to buy 2 burner phones as 'match-day devices' because the alternative is to force every person you want to take to a game to buy a membership!

Touting is definitely an issue at United, but the implementation of this app is 100% not the solution.

My mum and dad got the email about forwarding/donating tickets as a test on the app.

When they try and do that, they come up as not available. Anyone else have that?

I've still not idea why they've done all this. Having tickets saved on your Google wallet was probably the best of both worlds. This just seems too confusing.

I have a friend who changed phones a couple of days ago. He has the same number but now can't get on the app. When he tries contacting the club, nobody responds.

Don’t click on the “visit ticket site” section which I did a few times

slightly further down the app it says my tickets - which allowed me to follow the process

That's interesting! There are 5 of us in our Whatsapp: 2 had errors, 2 worked and 1 hasn't tried yet and doesn't want to! Also, I probably didn't explain that too well. :D The extra spend as a result of the new system is £100, increasing the total from £3,000 from £3,100 for home games. (On top of the rise from last season).

Funnily enough I agree with you, but from the complete opposite perspective. For me, there's enough going on in everyone's lives that being a season ticket holder for a football team shouldn't need be such an effort to the point that it becomes a reasonable option to buy 2 burner phones as 'match-day devices' because the alternative is to force every person you want to take to a game to buy a membership!

Touting is definitely an issue at United, but the implementation of this app is 100% not the solution.

:lol: Partly my bad as well. £3.1k is clearly not an increase of £1000. :wenger:

Burner phones are probably the way to go if you can. You only need an old (but probably fairly recent) smart phone and as long as you can get the device to people, you’ll be fine.

As for changing devices, I don’t see how the club can stop you changing device on a weekly basis if you want to. I doubt it’s in the T&Cs that you can only physically have one device all season. You could just ‘lose’ it and they’d have to allow you to swap devices, although it’s probably a tad of a hassle.

I’ve got an old iPhone you can buy for £1000 if you’re looking for a burner ;)

Hi folks. Got a couple of emails about cup scheme deadline. June 15 I think. . When I go in to app and click cup scheme. It just comes up as “no options”. Not sure if I’m opted in or out. Anyone have this happen?

Hi folks. Got a couple of emails about cup scheme deadline. June 15 I think. . When I go in to app and click cup scheme. It just comes up as “no options”. Not sure if I’m opted in or out. Anyone have this happen?

You need to go to the ticket website, then once logged in - dropdown menu on your name (top right) then go to Cup Schemes

This whole ticketing situation isn't as bad as it was made out to be a couple of months ago, assuming your attending the majority of the games it shouldn't really effect you, just need to make sure you download your ticket before you get to the turnstile.

There's a few a in our group who only show up for the big games, they're the one's kicking off about it, there's talk of burner phones... :lol:

One thing I don't understand is transferring to non members, there's a £10 fee which is fine but how does this transaction actually go down?

I am guessing it's like this ?
  • Non Member signs up on ticketing website and get's a membership number
  • ST Holder initiates transfer of ticket to non member
  • Non member pays the club the full cost of the ticket
  • Ticket released to non member
  • ST Holder receives refund from Club

Why are they kicking off? They can just sell their tickets back to the club for a full refund.

Because you can only miss one game next year and they pulled some shite last game of the season where you couldn't return your ticket. Think it was Newcastle.

Does memebr actually mean member this time? Last season it said you could only forward to members but ll you had to do was get a member number from the ticket site which didn't cost. I set my Mrs up with one and got a successful message when I tried to forward the test ticket to it.

Why are they kicking off? They can just sell their tickets back to the club for a full refund.
I think it's more to do with it being convenient for them, as the buyers are known to them to have always just a screenshot as there was no worries about the ticket ending up in wrong hands.

Having to go through an app now and forward tickets on is bit of a pain for some especially if you are selling your ticket to a non member.

I told them to put the onus on the buyer and get them buy a membership, for most of them it will probably work out cheaper to buy a member than pay the £10 fee multiple times.

Because you can only miss one game next year and they pulled some shite last game of the season where you couldn't return your ticket. Think it was Newcastle.

Does kemebr actually mean member this time? Last season it said you could only forward to members but ll you had to do was get a member number from the ticket site which didn't cost. I set my Mrs up with one and got a successful message when I tried to forward the test ticket to it.
They dropped the minimum attendance to 15 now but yeah the main worry is shifting your ticket for those midweek games where the club haven't sold their general allocation so your ticket won't even get advertised.

They dropped the minimum attendance to 15 now but yeah the main worry is shifting your ticket for those midweek games where the club haven't sold their general allocation so your ticket won't even get advertised.

Oh really? I've not seen anything but thats good then.

So me and my brother have a season ticket. He often gives his ticket to my 6 YO son. How would I go about getting him in as he has no phone.

Planning to try to make a match or two in September/October while visiting the UK with my parents. In the past, I've bought a second membership to forward a ticket to my friend after buying multiple tickets. For my parents, do I just need a Forwarding Membership? The website is obnoxiously vague.

Absolute embarrassment all of this.

given the average season ticket holder is about 60 will be a good laugh first game of the season. Granted something had to be done about no shows, but all the club wants is tickets being sent back to them so they can sell on for daft prices.

Absolute embarrassment all of this.

given the average season ticket holder is about 60 will be a good laugh first game of the season. Granted something had to be done about no shows, but all the club wants is tickets being sent back to them so they can sell on for daft prices.

This is exactly what it is - they don’t give a feck about the no shows.

Every possible way to shift a ticket now has a club tax on it. They don’t want season ticket holders, that’s why they’re making it as inconvenient as possible to have one.

So me and my brother have a season ticket. He often gives his ticket to my 6 YO son. How would I go about getting him in as he has no phone.

Good question, I have the same issue as I take my nephew to games sometimes and they don't have a phone. Would you be able to scan a ticket, then log out and log into a different account to get the 2nd ticket, guess you'd be holding up the queue though. I will have to use my work phone and download the app/ticket there.

Wouldn’t you just add them as an ‘App Ticketing’ relationship and then you could see both tickets in your app? Works for me now but not sure if the barcodes would show

Wouldn’t you just add them as an ‘App Ticketing’ relationship and then you could see both tickets in your app? Works for me now but not sure if the barcodes would show

I wasn't aware "app ticketing" was an option when creating relationships on the ticket site. I just did that on the ticket website but it's not flowed through on the app yet. So you can see multiple tickets/memberships in your app then? Assume you're just going to the "my tickets" section

I wasn't aware "app ticketing" was an option when creating relationships on the ticket site. I just did that on the ticket website but it's not flowed through on the app yet. So you can see multiple tickets/memberships in your app then? Assume you're just going to the "my tickets" section
Yeah in My Tickets I can see 2 of each one. Does actually show the barcode bit (although it’s not generated one of course) for both so perhaps it would work.