All ticket/travel information thread - 2011/12: Touting will not be tolerated

Weird. Phoned for Chelsea results this morning and it said it was unsuccessful - but then I just got a text saying I we successful and I have "XX Tickets" and "£XX.XX" will be taken from my account within the next ten days?!

What the feck is going on?! Anyone else get that?!

Edit: Just got another one, saying that it was unsuccessful. IT feck up it seems. Thought it was a bit weird. The teasing bastards.

Weird. Phoned for Chelsea results this morning and it said it was unsuccessful - but then I just got a text saying I we successful and I have "XX Tickets" and "£XX.XX" will be taken from my account within the next ten days?!

Edit: Just got another one, saying that it was unsuccessful. Thought it was a bit weird. The teasing bastards.

Same. I went and told my pal I'd got a ticket too :mad:

I met him too and he seemed alright, never got a promised away off him though so I grassed him up to brewlio when he sneaked back on under a new name :)
Yeah I think he started off OK, then got consumed by the dark side. Couple of lads after him for money still - took a ticket off them with the promise of a swap then vanished.

Total bell end.

Edit: Just got another one, saying that it was unsuccessful. IT feck up it seems. Thought it was a bit weird. The teasing bastards.

Happened to Bread on here as well, just done his results for him. Was my fecking ticket as well :mad:

got the same, excitement turned to disappointment within a matter of seconds there.

question. if i were to have a pair for Lpool away in the Cup, would anyone have a pair for ajax away they'd be willing to swap?

confident of getting FA cup tickets on execs, not confident of Ajax on them.

got the same, excitement turned to disappointment within a matter of seconds there.

question. if i were to have a pair for Lpool away in the Cup, would anyone have a pair for ajax away they'd be willing to swap?

You'd have to get an exec to do it for you mate, otherwise no chance of getting the tickets as its a pick up only again.

I can apply on my execs for you mate - I can't go. But I guess I'd be in a similar boat as you anyway...still, no harm in doubling your chances (of a chubbing!) I guess.

Also - putting it out there - would anyone be interested in a swap for Chelsea for Liverpool? Chubbed on all my tickets today for Chelsea (inc 4 execs), but confident about Liverpool.

Exact same text message. Successful, then an apology.

Anyone ever aired the idea of a trusted sellers list on this thing? Works really well in the newbies - although admittedly there's probably more need for it there - but whenever anyone has a successful/smooth transaction with someone, the lad who started it would add them to the list. And equally, if someone messes someone else around - eg accepts a ticket then backs out or doesn't show/promises something and doesn't deliver, they'd go onto another list.

Good way of looking out for each other and to stop people getting dicked over.

I've mentioned before we should have some sort of system like that, but I think most people in this thread know who they can trust with tickets by now.

I've mentioned before we should have some sort of system like that, but I think most people in this thread know who they can trust with tickets by now.

Couldn't hurt though. Obviously people like Sultan, 99RB and others who are always in this thread either buying or selling are clearly trusted, but you might have those who haven't bought before. Obviously with it being in the mains, people clearly post here a lot, and not coming through would pretty much stop that. Like I say, couldn't hurt.

Also - putting it out there - would anyone be interested in a swap for Chelsea for Liverpool? Chubbed on all my tickets today for Chelsea (inc 4 execs), but confident about Liverpool.

i could be up for this, i got a chelsea today, didnt expect it and maybe not able to go.

let me know if your interested.

Can someone please explain the process of getting tickets to me?

I have been fecking around on the United website for weeks, trying to become a One United member. Every time I try to checkout, it takes me to a screen where I can edit my details. I click next, continue, finish and it tells me a confirmation email has been sent to me. So I confirm and go back to the beginning. Rinse and repeat for ages. No sign of actually being able to buy membership.

Also, once I have One United membership, can I apply for tickets like Liverpool at home in the league with any hope of actually getting them? Am I restricted to one ticket? Would there be any chance of getting tickets without One United membership?

Thanks very much!

Can someone please explain the process of getting tickets to me?

I have been fecking around on the United website for weeks, trying to become a One United member. Every time I try to checkout, it takes me to a screen where I can edit my details. I click next, continue, finish and it tells me a confirmation email has been sent to me. So I confirm and go back to the beginning. Rinse and repeat for ages. No sign of actually being able to buy membership.

Also, once I have One United membership, can I apply for tickets like Liverpool at home in the league with any hope of actually getting them? Am I restricted to one ticket? Would there be any chance of getting tickets without One United membership?

Thanks very much!

Also, how soon after becoming a member do I get sent out my membership number? Have been wanting to apply for Liverpool home tickets, but I assume it would be too late for that now - unless they send it out in an email?

Also, how soon after becoming a member do I get sent out my membership number? Have been wanting to apply for Liverpool home tickets, but I assume it would be too late for that now - unless they send it out in an email?

Don't know why the one membership isn't working. Try giving the ticket office a ring and they will be able to sort it out.

You can apply for 1 home ticket per membership, and the chances of getting tickets for the Liverpool game are slim, but you never know. The application period is still open so you can still apply, and I think you get your membership number straight away via email. You'll be fine for other games.

Will text you about this tomorrow too but I will defo be interested if I don't get 2 for Liverpool in the ballot tomorrow. I wouldn't hold my breath though, cause like you, I'm pretty certain of Liverpool.
Cool, cheers mate. Money went into your account this morning by the way. Sorry about the delay - kept on forgetting whenever I got home in the evening (despite writing it on my hand as well!).

And yeah, let me know about that swap. Guess there's going to be a good bit of dealing going on when the results come out!

Well the starter of this thread (AgainstAllOdds) hasn't posted since July, is he banned?

Try sending a PM on to Sultan about the idea, sounds ideal to me.

Trusted buyer/sellers list is fine if someone wants to start a thread. I'll make it a sticky. Personally I've only ever had a couple of problems with Newbies. Never an issue with main posters. If anyone wants to start a thread with a list of buyers/sellers it's fine as long it's made clear Redcafe takes absolutely no responsibility for the authenticity of the list or any transactions between posters.

Haha did you experience the legend that was MUFC_South too?! He used to make the most far-fetched and ridiculous promises - like having 12 for Liverpool away - only to disappear and never pick up the phone when it came to his end of the deal.

He came back under a number of different aliases as well, always with the same outlandish lies and shitty typing. It was so obvious it was him everytime.

Shame really, met him at Birmingham once, seemed a decent lad. Didn't know then he was the world's biggest bullshitter.

Na never done business with him :D I just remember watching it in the newbs and he posting "XX away ticket available for exchange", before getting a good few replies in the thread of "you never answered my PM I sent a week ago", then he'd post the same question again a few days later completely ignoring people obviously in touch with him.

He just came across very odd, some had good dealings with him, others didnt.

Anyone getting results through for Liverpool yet?

I'm abroad and being a tight arse so don't want to ring the ticket line, but checking my Account History and nothing showing up yet - which doesn't bode well ... they usually start appearing fairly soon after the deadline these days don't they?

ya i wouldnt expect much to appear just yet.

id say it will be 4 or 5.00 before anything pops up... im keeping an eye on twitter also and the usual reds on there aint said a peep yet which is a sign ballot not yet done.

Unfortunately no-one can. Not entirely sure, but I think it was closed around 2000? Some of the older lads can help me out here.

Around 2006 it was mentioned that you had to have applied for every away game in the last 5 years to be in the loyalty pot. They closed it off 2 years ago I think.

Just got what I expected, chubbed for Liverpool

I can offer West Brom or Fulham at home as a swap;):lol:

Seriously though, any spares or anyone with a rough idea of what touts will be charging?

Just got confirmation that me and my lad are off to klanfield - over the moon as I've never been there. Am amazed I got tickets as I've been chubbed for every application except the Citeh semi final last season and that includes the Champ league final.

Any advice about going to Klanfield (the do's and don'ts) would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear you got chubbed Magic United...I really do know how you feel

Just got confirmation that me and my lad are off to klanfield - over the moon as I've never been there. Am amazed I got tickets as I've been chubbed for every application except the Citeh semi final last season and that includes the Champ league final.

Any advice about going to Klanfield (the do's and don'ts) would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear you got chubbed Magic United...I really do know how you feel

Dont go, awful place, I will take your tickets:D

I got a ticket :D Didn't get it on my application where I've applied for all aways this season without any but got it on my dad's mates ticket after only applying for 2 previous this season.

Will be my first proper away game, hopefully not my last :D

Please take note: Be very careful giving out any specific seat information to the Newbies.

Hmm, me too. On the normal ones. Not been able to check execs yet.

Bloody got two this year when we only had 1,800 - and not when we have 5,500 odd. wtf?!

Hmm, me too. On the normal ones. Not been able to check execs yet.

Bloody got two this year when we only had 1,800 - and not when we have 5,500 odd. wtf?!

ya its strange, ive got leeds, stoke, city and chelsea so far this year (4 of the popular games) and with the bigger allocation, i was expecting to get this one.

very weird way of doing it the c*nts.