Alexis Sanchez

Bellerin is a much superior RB than Valencia. The two CB at Arsenal are better than 3 of ours. I only rate Bailly in our current crop. Ozil is a couple of levels above Mata in my opinion. But thats only my opinion. The cm you chose are a decent shout, but Xhaka has been disappointing in my opinion and hasnt started that many games.

You do realise he'd be on a free and the club wouldn't be paying a transfer fee and the knock on affect would mean the player will benefit from that?

Hazard signed a contract nearly 2 years ago and will earn over closer to or over £300k a week when he signs a new one, Neymar earns that after tax and United paid £90m to buy Pogba.
But the 50m valuation is based on getting him now, not for the 2018-19 season. He would be lucky to get the wages he is demanding (and deserving) now in two year's time.

Big difference getting a player in his prime vs. >30, particularly when he is likely to suffer the ageing more than other type of player. Take away his stamina, workrate and explosiveness and he would be a has been with flashes of brilliance.

They generate the money and therefore deserve it, otherwise all the money goes into the owners pockets.

Your ability to win so many trophies under Fergie had more to do with work ethic and what it meant to play for Utd. I don't see it in this curent batch of players. No matter how much money you've spent since he's gone the fans seem a bit separated from the squad.

Your ability to win so many trophies under Fergie had more to do with work ethic and what it meant to play for Utd. I don't see it in this curent batch of players. No matter how much money you've spent since he's gone the fans seem a bit separated from the squad.

That's completely irrelevant, footballers are the main actors and therefore should take a big part of the money generated by the football industry. It's their names and their performances that are monetized.

He won't come but the least we can do is unsettle him with some crazy offers thrown his way

What do you guys think about Shearer not calling him World Class on the MOTD Show last week? I definitely think he is world class and would make the top 10 of current crop of footballers.

What do you guys think about Shearer not calling him World Class on the MOTD Show last week? I definitely think he is world class and would make the top 10 of current crop of footballers.

It's a subjective term to be fair.

Shearer (I believe) said that Aguero was the only WC player in the league.

I think he's carrying the team so far this season. We need others to step up too, so far haven't seen much of that.

Not sure you can say he's been carrying the team when we have had a great spread of goalscorers this season. He's clearly been our best player though.

Sanchez has really taken to the CF role
As Krovv says, we need others to step up to their highest levels as well. Players like the Ox, Walcott, Ramsey, Perez are now vital to whether we win trophies or not. Can't hide behind their bit part roles any longer.

Not sure you can say he's been carrying the team when we have had a great spread of goalscorers this season. He's clearly been our best player though.
In all the games I've seen, he's made the difference. Either he scores, assists, or "pre-assists". He's been so heavily involved in almost every one of our goals that it's hard to imagine where we'd be without him.

In all the games I've seen, he's made the difference. Either he scores, assists, or "pre-assists". He's been so heavily involved in almost every one of our goals that it's hard to imagine where we'd be without him.
You can say that for every great striker/attacker. When we didn't have one, the question was where the goals would come from. Ideally we should have more consistent supporting and backup attackers. Things look good though. Better than Nicky B and Chamakh on the bench.

Bellerin is a much superior RB than Valencia. The two CB at Arsenal are better than 3 of ours. I only rate Bailly in our current crop. Ozil is a couple of levels above Mata in my opinion. But thats only my opinion. The cm you chose are a decent shout, but Xhaka has been disappointing in my opinion and hasnt started that many games.
That's a load of crap tbh. Bellerin has a higher ceiling but right now he's not better.

You can say that for every great striker/attacker. When we didn't have one, the question was where the goals would come from. Ideally we should have more consistent supporting and backup attackers. Things look good though. Better than Nicky B and Chamakh on the bench.
True that. We're still some way off the legendary quartet of Pires-Bergkamp-Henry-Freddie. On current form, only Alexis is at that level. Ozil's been a bit off his best recently, but he's right up there too. The other guys need to up their game.

Mkst likely Bayern bound unless Arsenal win something significant this season.

I'm not sure he's going to leave a club who won't pay him more than maybe £160k a week for a club who wouldn't pay him more than £140k a week.

The only clubs that would be in a position to offer him the salary he's after, who would actually want to sign him (outside of China) are United, City, PSG & Chelsea.

Shearer was a WC footballer but he knows shit about football

Shearer was a WC footballer but he knows shit about football

Ehh... hold on there. He may have a different opinion on Sanchez to you but I reckon he knows more about football than anybody on this forum.

Ehh... hold on there. He may have a different opinion on Sanchez to you but I reckon he knows more about football than anybody on this forum.

Perhaps but didn't he once say on MoTD that he knew very little about Ben Arfa after Newcastle signed him? This after Ben Arfa was linked with Utd/Arsenal and Newcastle for what felt like months?

Sanchez would improve pretty much most teams he could play for to be fair. Must be fairly frustrating for Arsenal fans that every season their star players are linked away/have contract issues and there is a much more likely chance of them leaving than other clubs. Not so much now that the stadium isnt as big an issue, I do not think we will ever see a RvP situation again anytime soon but still would be very concerning that Sanchez and Ozils status is up in the air slightly.

Heard him talk football several times on MOTD. He's clueless. Many former players, even great ones, particularly strikers, aren't more knowledgeable about it than journos or fans

So how do you united fans looking to steal Sanchez from us feel of being outpriced by chinese clubs? Rumor has it they are willing to offer 4m/w which makes even your money look small.

Having a lot of money is such a good thing for football, right?

Top players at the top of their careers don't move to China. Yet. Sanchez can still expect that offer from chinese clubs when he turns 34

So how do you united fans looking to steal Sanchez from us feel of being outpriced by chinese clubs? Rumor has it they are willing to offer 4m/w which makes even your money look small.

Having a lot of money is such a good thing for football, right?

Not sure its stealing but anyway. While the Chinese clubs can out price anyone pretty much you would hope that the players ambition would be the deciding factor in any move where the possibility of moving to China is involved.

Top players at the top of their careers don't move to China. Yet. Sanchez can still expect that offer from chinese clubs when he turns 34

Exactly.

I'm not sure he's going to leave a club who won't pay him more than maybe £160k a week for a club who wouldn't pay him more than £140k a week.

The only clubs that would be in a position to offer him the salary he's after, who would actually want to sign him (outside of China) are United, City, PSG & Chelsea.
Arsenal selling a star player to a premier league rival seems highly unlikely. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. If Sanchez were to do a Van Persie or Nasri, he'd do it as a free agent, while raking more money through signing bonus.

Bayern need to replace a lot of influential players soon. They have somehow managed to sleepwalk into a quicksand pit. Dealings of the last window ie, Sanches and Hummels just showed how they went out of their normal policy on spending. Why else would they spend that much on an unfinished youngster and a soon to be out of contract defender?
My feeling is that they'll soon start offering high wages to big names like rest of the top earning clubs.
And Alexis Sanchez just seem like a sure bet interms of getting value for the high wages he'll likely demand.

Arsenal selling a star player to a premier league rival seems highly unlikely. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. If Sanchez were to do a Van Persie or Nasri, he'd do it as a free agent, while raking more money through signing bonus.

Bayern need to replace a lot of influential players soon. They have somehow managed to sleepwalk into a quicksand pit. Dealings of the last window ie, Sanches and Hummels just showed how they went out of their normal policy on spending. Why else would they spend that much on an unfinished youngster and a soon to be out of contract defender?
My feeling is that they'll soon start offering high wages to big names like rest of the top earning clubs.
And Alexis Sanchez just seem like a sure bet interms of getting value for the high wages he'll likely demand.

If they start to offer £200k per week wages they'll have to renegotiate several contracts. It isn't just the £10m it would add onto their salary bill for Sanchez, it's the other £10-20m that it'd cost to uplift other contracts whose agents would demand parity or at least an uplift. Then it's the players who are on a band below who want to be dragged up likewise.

Spurs' fans particularly on here gloat about us having somewhat mediocre players on contracts similar to their best players. However that's what happens when you pay truly top wages, rightly or wrongly other players' salary gets dragged up. If your best players go from a £160k weekly salary to a £260k weekly salary, the squad players tend to get dragged up by a similar % (from say £60k to £100k).

That's why we end up with Young, Fellaini, Schneidelrin, Shaw, Depay etc on £100k weekly salaries.

If they start to offer £200k per week wages they'll have to renegotiate several contracts. It isn't just the £10m it would add onto their salary bill for Sanchez, it's the other £10-20m that it'd cost to uplift other contracts whose agents would demand parity or at least an uplift. Then it's the players who are on a band below who want to be dragged up likewise.

Spurs' fans particularly on here gloat about us having somewhat mediocre players on contracts similar to their best players. However that's what happens when you pay truly top wages, rightly or wrongly other players' salary gets dragged up. If your best players go from a £160k weekly salary to a £260k weekly salary, the squad players tend to get dragged up by a similar % (from say £60k to £100k).

That's why we end up with Young, Fellaini, Schneidelrin, Shaw, Depay etc on £100k weekly salaries.
We overpay cause we've lost the plot, its that simple. I highly doubt those players would have rejected lessor salaries from us. Clubs like us for some odd reason pay way more than market value.

The only ones being renegotiated would be Sanchez and Ozil (Maybe koscielny). Bellerin has recently signed a long term contract and the rest are despensible.

He is an excellent player but I can't ever see this happening, van Persie transfer happened for a variety of reasons. He wanted to win the league and despite him scoring 30 league goals for them, Arsenal were off the pace for the title and it helped that we were still the top dogs with Fergie at helm. If Sanchez leaves, it would be for the same reason. He doesn't think Arsenal can win the league. Right now we ourselves are way off the pace for title challenge and I don't think any player in his prime would choose an unstable club like ours even if we were to throw ridiculous wages. Not to mention, there will be many other clubs who'd gladly meet his demands of wages and most importantly a side who's already challenging for the league i.e., (City and Chelsea)

I still think Arsenal would cave to his and Ozil demands and they'll end up signing a new contract.

Should be United's number 7.

I've always seen him as a United player.

Offer him 50k more a week than we pay Zlatan/Rooney/Pogba and he'll come.

Crazy that we pay these players more than double what Sanchez earns when he gives so much more.

It's this type of example that causes me to rue the wages we dish out to these players.

We're overpaying for what we're getting.

Should be United's number 7.

I've always seen him as a United player.

Offer him 50k more a week than we pay Zlatan/Rooney/Pogba and he'll come.

Crazy that we pay these players more than double what Sanchez earns when he gives so much more.

It's this type of example that causes me to rue the wages we dish out to these players.

We're overpaying for what we're getting.
We are just a horrible run club.

The only ones being renegotiated would be Sanchez and Ozil (Maybe koscielny). Bellerin has recently signed a long term contract and the rest are despensible.
The impact would probably be more on new transfers going forward rather than what they already have.

f they start to offer £200k per week wages they'll have to renegotiate several contracts.
Eventually they'll have to. The prices and wages are not in their control, it's the market that makes them. If they choose to resist it too much, it will affect their attractiveness among elite players knowing they are worth more.
And it's not like the wage increase will lead them down a path like Leeds, they can easily afford a larger wage bill with their revenue stream.
However that's what happens when you pay truly top wages, rightly or wrongly other players' salary gets dragged up. If your best players go from a £160k weekly salary to a £260k weekly salary, the squad players tend to get dragged up by a similar % (from say £60k to £100k).

True I guess. A wide disparity among the wages of players would definitely affect the players in a lot of way you wouldn't want.

But I sense we are straying off topic, so back to it. Arsenal would do well to keep him and Ozil happy and pay what they ask. If they leave along with Arsene, they could have a worse time than we did with Moyes.

That may be true, but he does have plenty of odd opinions.
Being good at football/being a pundit doesn't always make you knowledgeable about the game, Hartson for example knows less than a local coach.