Alexis Sanchez

You do realise he'd be on a free and the club wouldn't be paying a transfer fee and the knock on affect would mean the player will benefit from that?

Hazard signed a contract nearly 2 years ago and will earn over closer to or over £300k a week when he signs a new one, Neymar earns that after tax and United paid £90m to buy Pogba.

Signing on a free doesn't mean the player expects wage demands over £400k. Look at Ibrahimovic.

Let me break it down for you. Here are his peers from google:

Hazard - £200k per week
Zlatan - £220k per week
Pogba - £290k per week
Neymar - £250k per week

Not one of them seems to earning more than £300k per week let alone £400k.
In pogba's case, I think that's wage+image rights. And it's after tax. Neymar's on 15M euros a year after tax, I think? Or was it 25? Do the math on that one

Not sure about the others. Either way sanchez will be aiming for the 250k a week, which i don't think there's more than two clubs who'd be willing to pay him, not counting arsenal

In pogba's case, I think that's wage+image rights. And it's after tax. Neymar's on 15M euros a year after tax. Do the math

Not sure about the others. Either way sanchez will be aiming for the 250k a week, which i don't think there's more than two clubs who'd be willing to pay him, not counting arsenal

Are you saying Sanchez will easily find a suiter for £400k per week and match Neymar/Messi's salary? He won't. He's going to be 28 and will earn no more than £250k p/w like most of his peers at his age.

I still don't understand how Arsenal had a free run at signing him. It was obvious how good he was all along.
We were in for him as a Suarez replacement but Arsenal offered more stability and had a lot of consistency behind them. We probably looked like a bit of a gamble.

Chelsea and City. Heh yeah those feckers. I can actually see him preferring Chelsea and staying in London.
Chelsea now have a strict wage structre in place, I can't see them signing someone who would leave Arsenal for an astronomical contract.
Anyway Chelsea and City both have world class strikers so why would Sanchez move there? I would still take Griezmann but if he stayed in Spain for another season then Sanchez this year and Griezmann next year to play in behind would be a dream

Are you saying Sanchez will easily find a suiter for £400k per week and match Neymar/Messi's salary? He won't. He's going to be 28 and will earn no more than £250k p/w like most of his peers at his age.
The contrary. I'm saying if it's not arsenal, he'll have trouble finding a team willing to pay him 250k a week(before tax)

I still don't understand how Arsenal had a free run at signing him. It was obvious how good he was all along.
He has found a new level at Arsenal and most people on this forum where of the opinion Di Maria>>>>Sanchez

I don't see how anyone would turn down Sanchez. His work rate is ridiculous and he chips in with a good few goals.

I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Shame he'd never come here. I assume both Ozil and Sanchez will get a pay rise and see out another 5 years there.

I don't see how anyone would turn down Sanchez. His work rate is ridiculous and he chips in with a good few goals.

I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Shame he'd never come here. I assume both Ozil and Sanchez will get a pay rise and see out another 5 years there.

I wouldn't assume anything with Arsenal, I think they both could get more money and moves to bigger clubs with better title ambitions.

They didn't. If you remember, Liverpool were in for him too.

We were in for him as a Suarez replacement but Arsenal offered more stability and had a lot of consistency behind them. We probably looked like a bit of a gamble.

Yeah but Liverpool being in for him still is a free run for Arsenal. I mean a top club.

He has found a new level at Arsenal and most people on this forum where of the opinion Di Maria>>>>Sanchez

No he didn't. In the World Cup shortly before he signed, he was sensational. Should have really aimed higher than Arsenal.

Last edited:
The thing is, Neymar isn't better than Suarez. Neymar is actually lucky to play with Suarez.

I think for the first 18 months the trio were together, Suarez looked a slightly out of place compared to Neymar and Messi. Since this year though, hes gone up a level and I think Neymar hasn't had that great of a year.

I think it was the London factor that swayed him. I believe he seriously considered both options.

In hindsight, we were daft not to try. But I think that was the Moyes season, so the less said about that, the better.

Zlatan was 34 whilst if Sanchez was to leave on on a free he would be 29.

Zlatan's age is reflected in his contract length. The man still scored 50 goals at 34 and opted for £220k per week.

The contrary. I'm saying if it's not arsenal, he'll have trouble finding a team willing to pay him 250k a week(before tax)

Ah yes - agreed. Noted re. Neymar too.

Why? The clubs generate 100s of millions, where else should that money go if not to the guys who make the game worth watching?

Which clubs are you referring to here? There are ONLY a handful of clubs that can pay those wages and let's be honest here. What kind of message does that send to agents, players and other clubs when you're paying 400k/week? Where does YOUR negotiating power reside when a player and his agent starts demanding >250K/week. 400k/week is 76+ million over the course of a four year contract, plus bonuses.

Say hello to Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo(and maybe neymar and bale, too) who earn 400k a week or more in wages alone, AFTER TAX

I'm still of the opinion that no player deserves that kind of money to play football. Times have changed and I know that but that's how you end up with a situation where agents and their players take clubs for a ride during the transfer window.

I'm still of the opinion that no player deserves that kind of money to play football. Times have changed and I know that but that's how you end up with a situation where agents and their players take clubs for a ride during the transfer window.

They generate the money and therefore deserve it, otherwise all the money goes into the owners pockets.

Messi and Cristiano help their clubs immensely in terms of revenue. Of course the power lies with the star players(agents are an extension of that). They are the reason the clubs can make so much money in the first place

Back then the cafe was full of people who believed that Di Maria were the better player, myself included. ;)

Why Chelsea didn't snap him up is strange. At least Pool tried...

Thinking about Sanchez got me thinking about the other Arsenal players I would happily take, and I came with 4
Bellerin
Mustafi
Sanchez
Ozil

Thinking about Sanchez got me thinking about the other Arsenal players I would happily take, and I came with 4
Bellerin
Mustafi
Sanchez
Ozil
If you wouldn't take Kocoelny (however its spelt) then you're mad. He has everything United need in a CB

Ozil is maybe a little more touch and go. If United legit signed him next month, I'd be more concerned about Mikhitaryan, Rashford not getting enough game time.

If you wouldn't take Kocoelny (however its spelt) then you're mad. He has everything United need in a CB

Ozil is maybe a little more touch and go. If United legit signed him next month, I'd be more concerned about Mikhitaryan, Rashford not getting enough game time.

Apologies. I forgot about the CB French guy. Agree

Bellerin
Mustafi
Sanchez
Ozil
Personally i think Bellerin isn't an upgrade on Valencia. As aformentioned, i'd take Koscielny over Mustafi. Ozil is a fine player, but we already have Mata within our ranks.

My take would be:
Of course Sanchez and Koscielny
Moreover i would take both Xhaka and Coquelin. Carrick is getting old and we have no controller in midfield. Coquelin, Xhaka/Herrera and Pogba looks good to me. :)

No way are Arsenal giving him 300k p/w. Seems like a sly tactic to force a move away from Arsenal if they continue not to win shit.

If he did leave it'd be for Chelsea or Man City.