Alexis Sanchez

It's been a while since we poached someone from Arsenal.

Sanchez can come and wear #21. It's waiting for him.

Also re: Sanchez at Barcelona, I think his last season(where he was good) saved him from being a flop there. He was infuriating to watch in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. Looked like a lost cause out there. It clicked for him in the final season though and saved his rep.

Also re: Sanchez at Barcelona, I think his last season(where he was good) saved him from being a flop there. He was infuriating to watch in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. Looked like a lost cause out there. It clicked for him in the final season though and saved his rep.

Why would any player that is as good as Sanchez join a non-CL club?

Only if Herrera gets #10 or 8 :mad:

Ribery is on the decline, Coman has been poor this season and hasnt featured much, and Costa has been worse than last season. Add to that Muller is having his worse season it makes sense. Would be a good move. There is talk Lewondoski will move end of the season
According to his manager, Lewandowski will sign a new contract in the next weeks.

Bayern aren't rich enough to splash huge transfer fee and huge wages. Neither are Chelsea these days. Neither are richer than Arsenal. Neither are splashing 100m plus 300k a week wages.

It's either the Manc clubs, The Classico or PSG as an outsider.
Bayerns revenues are certainly higher than those of Arsenal, in fact, because of the weakend pound, they are on par with Utd's revenues. Just because Bayern didn't do huge money transfers yet, it doesn't mean they can't. Sanchez won't cost more than 50 million anyway.

According to his manager, Lewandowski will sign a new contract in the next weeks.

Bayerns revenues are certainly higher than those of Arsenal, in fact, because of the weakend pound, they are on par with Utd's revenues. Just because Bayern didn't do huge money transfers yet, it doesn't mean they can't. Sanchez won't cost more than 50 million anyway.

In 14/15 before the PL TV money doubled Bayern were on 360m, Arsenal 330m, United 398m. So arsenal's will certainly increase beyond Bayern's after the new PL deal is now bearing fruit.

Regardless of finances, it wouldn't suit Bayern's business model to throw so much money at one player.

Sanchez will cost allot more than 50m in a market where KDB costs 55m (before the TV deal), Pogba 100m, Stones 50m,

Those two players it isn't just down to money, came out months ago both are concerned Wenger will leave and want to know his plans. With Wenger I honestly think it is down to how this season goes, if he doesn't do well he will leave. There is a 2 year extension on offer to him if he wants it.

At this moment I'm not concerned about either playing leaving, if my June/July there is no progress then I'll be more concerned.

In 14/15 before the PL TV money doubled Bayern were on 360m, Arsenal 330m, United 398m. So arsenal's will certainly increase beyond Bayern's after the new PL deal is now bearing fruit.

Regardless of finances, it wouldn't suit Bayern's business model to throw so much money at one player.

Sanchez will cost allot more than 50m in a market where KDB costs 55m (before the TV deal), Pogba 100m, Stones 50m,
If the Bayern board thinks he is the key to staying on top and Sanchez wants to come, Bayern would do what's necessary to get him.

There's a difference between Sanchez and the other players you mentioned. Sanchez' contract only runs until 2018, the other players had longer contracts. Besides, neither Utd nor City are what i would call shrewd in transfer dealings, they get fleeced on a regular basis.

They don't though, their transfer record and highest wage isn't high. Sanches was 30m up front. Let's see them splash 100m up front and 62 million in wages over 4 years plus a signing on fee of 10m or more. They don't have that type of finances, there's only 4-5 teams that do and Bayern aren't one of them. They're quite conservative in what they spend to. So even if they could, they wouldn't.
There is no way Sanchez would cost 100m with one contract year left. Bayern can and will afford Sanchez if the possibility opens up.
Arsenal should do everything to keep him and Ozil anyway. You take a decade to finally attrac world class players again and then you play cheap when it comes to keeping them? It's not like they'd destroy your wage structure, the two are head and shoulders above everyone in the team, so there's no basis for other players to claim something similar.
And if you'd decide to sell him Bayern would be a way better choice than losing him to a league rival, that'd certainly be the worst option.

It shouldn't really be about the money unless Arsenal are complete mugs. It would probably cost them more to replace him then give him a payrise to stay.

There is no way Sanchez would cost 100m with one contract year left. Bayern can and will afford Sanchez if the possibility opens up.
Arsenal should do everything to keep him and Ozil anyway. You take a decade to finally attrac world class players again and then you play cheap when it comes to keeping them? It's not like they'd destroy your wage structure, the two are head and shoulders above everyone in the team, so there's no basis for other players to claim something similar.
And if you'd decide to sell him Bayern would be a way better choice than losing him to a league rival, that'd certainly be the worst option.

Wrong...you're completely naive in this regard. The modern game doesn't work like that anymore in terms of contract negotiations. Agents would be head over heels in this situation if a club suddenly paid a couple players way over the average of the other team. What do you think would happen come contract negotiation time of the other members of the squad?

Wrong...you're completely naive in this regard. The modern game doesn't work like that anymore in terms of contract negotiations. Agents would be head over heels in this situation if a club suddenly paid a couple players way over the average of the other team. What do you think would happen come contract negotiation time of the other members of the squad?
Obviously it does have an impact on the wage structure in the long term but that's happening anyway with the increasing amount of money in the game and a slow inflation. What I meant is that there isn't another player in the squad who'd be in a position to demand the same or an similar amount like it was for example at Bayern in 2013/14 when they gave Goetze a 12m€ contract when he signed and Kroos (rightfully) demanded something similar.

Obviously it does have an impact on the wage structure in the long term but that's happening anyway with the increasing amount of money in the game and a slow inflation. What I meant is that there isn't another player in the squad who'd be in a position to demand the same or an similar amount like it was for example at Bayern in 2013/14 when they gave Goetze a 12m€ contract when he signed and Kroos (rightfully) demanded something similar.

That's a very poor excuse to NOT look after your club's interest first and not because everyone's doing it means your club should follow suit. Wenger is right in saying the club is bigger than these two players and if they can't agree on a new contract then they should be free to leave. The lack of trophies or whatever does not usurp being responsible as a club with your finances. Utd has a lot of money and can probably afford to pay crazy wages but don't assume another club can do the same and that they're crazy for thinking about their club first.

That's a very poor excuse to NOT look after your club's interest first and not because everyone's doing it means your club should follow suit. Wenger is right in saying the club is bigger than these two players and if they can't agree on a new contract then they should be free to leave. The lack of trophies or whatever does not usurp being responsible as a club with your finances. Utd has a lot of money and can probably afford to pay crazy wages but don't assume another club can do the same and that they're crazy for thinking about their club first.
We seem to have different opinions of what Arsenal can afford and what not. Not being as rich as United doesn't mean they can't give those two big contracts. I'm pretty sure they have the money and Arsenal fans seem to agree, especially after we've heard for ears that once the had played off their stadium they're ready to splash the cash. Sanchez and Ozil are simply demanding what has become the standard, United or Bayern's best players are getting similar amounts. So ether pay them or be left behind, it's not like other player of this caliber (Reus or Griezmann) would come for less.

Bayern only announced their accounts for 15/16 a few weeks ago. Their turnover is 592m euro's, at current exchange rate about £150m (sterling) ahead of Arsenal's turnover which in 15/16 was £350m. So the evidence shows that Bayern are a long way ahead of Arsenal in the finance stakes.

Bayern only announced their accounts for 15/16 a few weeks ago. Their turnover is 592m euro's, at current exchange rate about £150m (sterling) ahead of Arsenal's turnover which in 15/16 was £350m. So the evidence shows that Bayern are a long way ahead of Arsenal in the finance stakes.

Fair enough, The Telegraph's numbers were way off then, as is this:

http://www.cityam.com/232820/worlds...nham-west-ham-and-crystal-palace-make-top-30-

So is that wrong or have Bayern signed some new commercial deals?

If the PL TV money is doubling, you'd assume Arsenal would earn around 450m next year.

Regardless of money though, I don't think he's a Bayern type of target.

EDIT, I'm wrong the new money is 'only' about 50% more

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-tv-rights-money-distribution/

Fair enough, The Telegraph's numbers were way off then, as is this:

http://www.cityam.com/232820/worlds...nham-west-ham-and-crystal-palace-make-top-30-

So is that wrong or have Bayern signed some new commercial deals?

If the PL TV money is doubling, you'd assume Arsenal would earn around 450m next year.

Regardless of money though, I don't think he's a Bayern type of target.

EDIT, I'm wrong the new money is 'only' about 50% more

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-tv-rights-money-distribution/

I'm sure some of the Bayern fans will expand but its a mixture of TV money and sponsorship deals. The weakness in the £ has played a part too but too be fair Bayern's turnover raised by 118m euro's from the previous years accounts.

Commercially Arsenal have been left behind by United, Liverpool and Chelsea. Obviously City are miles ahead in that department too the majority of their big sponsors are 'linked' to their owners.

By saying that the contracts can run down - Wenger is parking this until the summer. They won't be allowed to leave for nothing, either re-sign or go (for a fee) is the situation then. Seems fair enough. The only problem is that the player definitely wants out & switches on the cruise control or stops trying altogether. I would imagine they want to win the CL, English League matches on a cold Tuesday, maybe not quite so much.

I am surprised by the Arsenal marketing fail / shortfall, if we are calling it that. for better figures (marketability) I would re-brand them as the ''London Arsenal'' or ''Arsenal of London'' or something like that. They must have the biggest 'attractiveness'' overseas of the London teams because of their premiership achievements & reputation for playing the greatest most pure style of footy since bladders first got inflated & booted around, isn't it? Surely. And a much better image in club terms than the Oil of Chelsea off-comers.

Both at their best, hazard for me is slightly above Sanchez. Hazard at his best is probably too 3 in the world level though. Sanchez is absolutely brilliant though. And i agree with whoever said he would take him over bale/griezmann at their best. He is more talented and more reliable fitness wise then bale. Along with being quick and a brilliant dribbler, he is incredibly created, works as hard as anyone, and as shown this season, can basically play anywhere in attack. Plus when he plays for Chile he tends to look like one of the top few players in the world (though Vargas looks world class too somehow). Compared to griezmann, i love griezmann but he isnt as good as sanchez, without a doubt. Sanchez is caoable of doing things on his own that Griezmann just cant. Griezmann relies more on his off the ball movement and team play, because he isnt exactly the explosive, individual type of player. Plus he is basically a striker these days so its not a surprise he scores more (as he is a world class player anyway). As good as he is, he is probably a step below sanchez and hazard at their best.

Compared to griezmann, i love griezmann but he isnt as good as sanchez, without a doubt. Sanchez is caoable of doing things on his own that Griezmann just cant. Griezmann relies more on his off the ball movement and team play, because he isnt exactly the explosive, individual type of player. Plus he is basically a striker these days so its not a surprise he scores more (as he is a world class player anyway). As good as he is, he is probably a step below sanchez and hazard at their best.

That's ok, we'll take Sanchez for the right wing and Griezmann as a striker. No problem at all.

Well if he leaves you at this point, it's obviously to cash out, so I'm guessing he'll go to the highest bidder, CL or no.

I'm pretty sure he'll sign a new contract with you guys, though.
Fair point. I am more doubtful about Ozil though. I think he wants to go back to Spain or Germany.

Fair point. I am more doubtful about Ozil though. I think he wants to go back to Spain or Germany.
Don't get the rumors about him going back to Real Madrid. For what reason, to be a rotation player like Isco or James? Why not stay and be the star man at Arsenal?

Don't get the rumors about him going back to Real Madrid. For what reason, to be a rotation player like Isco or James? Why not stay and be the star man at Arsenal?
Yep, plus Madrid sold him without any problem in 2013. I just got this feeling about him, nothing more.

He might want to win stuff.
Meh. Would feel kind of hollow to win trophies as a squad player if it were me.

And who knows, maybe this is Arsenal's year! :lol: