Alexis Sanchez

You'd flog them without batting an eyelid if you got Sanchez.
Pedro, maybe. Would be pretty fecked up if we eventually go on to win the league and immedietly flog them off for a shiny new toy. :nervous:

MOCK-UP-Alexis-Sanchez-celebrating-with-Diego-Costa-at-Chelsea.jpg

----------Costa----------
Hazard-----------Sanchez

:nervous:

I hate this BS rhetoric 'certain type of player', the same can be said for ANY big team. He isn't just a "good player" either, he's clearly an excellent player, and in fact he - for me at least - is the right profile of player. Good end product, good drive, good work rate and seems to have the mentality to carry his team when need be.
Disagree. I look at guys like James Rodriguez, Bale, Griezmann and I think "those guys look like United players"

Sanchez doesn't fit that mold for me. Hes a good player but thats it. If hes world class, what is Ronaldo? If hes brilliant, what is Messi? Sanchez for me, isn't even the best winger in the Prem. Theres a few better.

The guy you quoted made a lazy and braindead post. Hazard went missing completely for an entire season and Costa, while he is good, is definitely not better than Alexis as you said. Coutinho's too inconsistent to be rated anywhere near Sanchez. I don't think Hazard or Costa are better than Alexis at the moment. Aguero and KDB may well be, at least they both perform when fit and are not moody feckers like the Chelsea players.

If he gets promoted he needs a tagline. This is almost PhD level of dedication to the Caf.

Hazard is a level above Sanchez, you're so delusional. :lol:

Eden is going to most likely lift his 2nd PL title in 3 years & people will still be bleating on about a season he was injured for most of.

Enjoy him inflating his stats against fodder like West Ham, Sunderland & Hull while Hazard/Costa take down excellent teams like United, City, Tottenham, Everton & Southampton.

It's all going to inevitably end in tears for you lot & I'll enjoy every moment of it. :drool:

Last edited:

Eden is going to most likely lift his 2nd PL title in 3 years & people will still be bleating on about a season he was injured for most of.

Hazard has so much to do before getting to the same level as Sanchez... Eden is a top talent, a great player, but taking everything into account, Alexis is a player that offers so much more than Hazard.

Alexis is a truly world class player that has excelled in the Chilean league, the Argentinian league, Serie A, La Liga and now Premier League.

Not only that, but he has been TOP TOP class at the international level as well. Hazard has been quite average for Belgium hasn't he? (unless he plays against Macedonia or Andorra xd).

Disagree. I look at guys like James Rodriguez, Bale, Griezmann and I think "those guys look like United players"

Sanchez doesn't fit that mold for me. Hes a good player but thats it. If hes world class, what is Ronaldo? If hes brilliant, what is Messi? Sanchez for me, isn't even the best winger in the Prem. Theres a few better.

Messi and Ronaldo are once or twice a generation players. If Scholes was world class, what was Zidane? If RVN was world class, what was Brazilian Ronaldo? Who's the few wingers out of interest?

I'd have Sanchez over any of Bale, Griezmann, and way before James. He's certainly world class for me.

Only Hazard is a better (very slightly) wide player in the PL than Sanchez.

CL football is looking more and more doubtful with every game. If Sanchez turned us down for not being involved in the CL before, there's not a chance in hell he'd join us now in the same circumstance; later in the guy's career, at peak age.

I'd have Sanchez over any of Bale, Griezmann, and way before James. He's certainly world class for me.

Only Hazard is a better (very slightly) wide player in the PL than Sanchez.

:wenger: As excellent as Sanchez is both of those two would be quite an upgrade on him. Alexis numbers at Arsenal are ridiculous considering he has played majority of the game as a winger and it's close to 0.50 goals per game but Griezmann numbers are even more bonkers at Atletico it's at 0.62 goals per game and that's not even taking into account how defensive Atletico can be at times compared to Arsenal who play expansive football.

I don't even want to get started about Bale and it's laughable that you put Hazard above Sanchez (who is put above Bale!), you'd be laughed out of anywhere if you suggested that Eden Hazard is better than Gareth Bale. Bale has become integral to a Real Madrid side which has been dominated by Ronaldo, that in itself is an achievement especially when compared to the fact Sanchez couldn't hold a place in the side when he played alongside Messi at Barcelona. I don't see Bale moving on from Madrid anytime soon but he'd instantly be best player if he came back to Premier League.

Please Bayern, do go after Sanchez.

Also no way will he end up at Chelsea, Arse will rather blow their wage budget than see that happen.

:wenger: As excellent as Sanchez is both of those two would be quite an upgrade on him. Alexis numbers at Arsenal are ridiculous considering he has played majority of the game as a winger and it's close to 0.50 goals per game but Griezmann numbers are even more bonkers at Atletico it's at 0.62 goals per game and that's not even taking into account how defensive Atletico can be at times compared to Arsenal who play expansive football.

I don't even want to get started about Bale and it's laughable that you put Hazard above Sanchez (who is put above Bale!), you'd be laughed out of anywhere if you suggested that Eden Hazard is better than Gareth Bale. Bale has become integral to a Real Madrid side which has been dominated by Ronaldo, that in itself is an achievement especially when compared to the fact Sanchez couldn't hold a place in the side when he played alongside Messi at Barcelona. I don't see Bale moving on from Madrid anytime soon but he'd instantly be best player if he came back to Premier League.
First off, I very specifically said in the Premier League. Didn't say Hazard was better than Bale. How you got that out of my post is puzzling.

And how on Earth is it laughable to put Hazard over Sanchez? I think most supporters of any club would choose Hazard over Sanchez.

As for Griezmann, it's splitting hairs for me. I'd just prefer Sanchez. He's relentless and hugely versatile. You can put him anywhere across the attack and he can play at a high level. His combination of power, pace, athleticism, and killer instinct is crazy. I don't think Griezmann would be quite as effective as Sanchez is in this league. Still great, but not as great.

And how on Earth is it laughable to put Hazard over Sanchez? I think most supporters of any club would choose Hazard over Sanchez.

As for Griezmann, it's splitting hairs for me. I'd just prefer Sanchez. He's relentless and hugely versatile. You can put him anywhere across the attack and he can play at a high level. His combination of power, pace, athleticism, and killer instinct is crazy. I don't think Griezmann would be quite as effective as Sanchez is in this league. Still great, but not as great.

I don't think my post was clear and I made a typo, I meant that it's laughable to put Sanchez above Bale and Griezmann or Hazard for that matter. I got that out of your post because first you stated you'd prefer Sanchez over Bale and Griezmann and then stated Hazard is better Sanchez, it's normal one would interpret it like I did.

Putting Hazard above Sanchez if fine as it's about preferences, many would pick creativity of Hazard over athleticism of Sanchez.

As far as Griezmann's effectiveness is concerned, it's a hypothetical situation and open for debate. I think he'd thrive in the Premier League and score lots of goals for any club who were to sign him. While he doesn't have energy and power of Sanchez, he has incredible movement and positioning that's why he scores so many goals and is a very intelligent footballer as a whole.

Sanchez was a massive Barcelona flop. Where's this myth of him being incredible in La Liga coming from? He was an utter failure especially in the CL which is why swiftly won the CL & the treble immediately after they binned him.

English football adores workhorses like Sanchez more but Hazard is more appreciated abroad. Just an all-round superior footballer.

If Sanchez was a massive flop at Barca then that would mean Pedro has been an even bigger flop in this league.

39 goals in 88 games is a great return by anyone's measure for a winger.

Barcelona fans claim he wasn't on the same wavelength as Messi, he was too individualistic and made too many errors instead of adhering to the team ethos.

'Massive flop' is idiotic hyperbole.

In his last season he scored 19 goals and made 10 assists in 34 La Liga games (from which of 7 was coming off the bench).

MASSIVE FLOP SPOTTED

I wish we could sign more massive flops who can produce those kinds of stats. The next massive flops we should target - Griezmann and Reus

Some serious underrating of Sanchez going on in here, he's class.

that's nonsense I am lazy to check the stats but they are both great players and Sanchez is arguably even more important for Arsenal than Chelsea, Hazard had really poor last season and Sanchez was great like he's this year

Sanchez is excellent. Probably good enough to make the step up to Chelsea.

This could be like when Anelka joined us (super player but joined a lesser side and proved himself in a non-winning team).

English football adores workhorses like Sanchez more but Hazard is more appreciated abroad. Just an all-round superior footballer
:lol:

Hazard really could be the best player ever if he wanted.

If Sanchez was a massive flop at Barca then that would mean Pedro has been an even bigger flop in this league.

39 goals in 88 games is a great return by anyone's measure for a winger.

Barcelona fans claim he wasn't on the same wavelength as Messi, he was too individualistic and made too many errors instead of adhering to the team ethos.

'Massive flop' is idiotic hyperbole.

I would of quoted him, but it's basically a case of 'My player's better than your player and I'm happy to make up any nonsense to back up that argument'.

Alexis has his faults with his overdribbling, sometimes poor pass choices, questionable off the ball movement but in terms of end product Hazard doesn't come close and never has. He's better with his ball retention though.

Putting Hazard above Sanchez if fine as it's about preferences, many would pick creativity of Hazard over athleticism of Sanchez.

Alexis has always had better chance creation/assist numbers over Hazard.

In his last season he scored 19 goals and made 10 assists in 34 La Liga games (from which of 7 was coming off the bench).

MASSIVE FLOP SPOTTED
That's the only season in which he was good for them. Ask any barca fan, or anyone who watched him in Spain, and they'll tell you he was a flop. Same as Zlatan.

It's not a coincidence, either. Alexis needs freedom of movement, and a lot of the ball to thrive. Barca gave him neither.

For the guy claiming sanchez was better than Di Maria in Spain, no, he wasn't even close.

@BlueCelery Most people outside England do consider hazard better than sanchez, but it's mostly because Hazard is a player that flatters to deceive. Hazard isn't better than Sanchez. He makes less mistakes, but he also has less end product and can't hurt you in as many ways as alexis can. He's also yet to be truly great in a big game. Sanchez has been hit & miss, but he's had his moments. That's one thing he has over hazard

Sanchez is excellent. Probably good enough to make the step up to Chelsea.

This could be like when Anelka joined us (super player but joined a lesser side and proved himself in a non-winning team).

:lol:

Alexis Sanchez scored 3 European goals in his entire 3 years at Barcelona (24 games in total). 0 goals in his last season. Barca bin him for the superior Suarez and they immediately win the treble the next year while Sanchez has won nothing significant at Arsenal. He wasn't even a guaranteed starter at Barcelona for large stretches of his career but of course I'm making things up.

You can think he's better than Hazard, just don't bring up his supposed success in La Liga as an argument.

Wenger sounded calm about his contract. He said he still has 18 months left on his current one. Just hope we don't repeat another Van Persie.

Unless Arsenal wins the PL or makes it to the CL Finals by next season, I can see him forcing a move to reunite with Pep at the Emptyhad.

If we keep Sanchez and Ozil- Great

If we lose them and bring in players of similar quality- James and Reus, fine

If we lose them and Wenger says that we have a big squad and Iwobi and Oxlade-Chamberlain can play in those positions- That would be a problem.

I think part of the equation will be Wenger's own future, if he stays then that might help to convince them but I don't think they would want tied down here in the uncertain period after Wenger's departure, especially if the board is planning on bringing in someone like Eddie Howe, who has no European experience.

Offer a competitive Wage
Wenger renews his contract
Win the league

I think both would stay if the above happens, but if 2 and 3 happen and they still want to leave, then the club would have done all it can to keep them and we would have gotten a league title out of them.

Really? He would still have to compete with many big players.
Ribery is on the decline, Coman has been poor this season and hasnt featured much, and Costa has been worse than last season. Add to that Muller is having his worse season it makes sense. Would be a good move. There is talk Lewondoski will move end of the season

My friend told me today (big Bayern fan) that he is nailed on to go there next season to replace Robben

Bayern aren't rich enough to splash huge transfer fee and huge wages. Neither are Chelsea these days. Neither are richer than Arsenal. Neither are splashing 100m plus 300k a week wages.

It's either the Manc clubs, The Classico or PSG as an outsider.

Ribery is on the decline, Coman has been poor this season and hasnt featured much, and Costa has been worse than last season. Add to that Muller is having his worse season it makes sense. Would be a good move. There is talk Lewondoski will move end of the season
Ok, fair enough. If he had to leave i would just hope he left England.

Bayern aren't rich enough to splash huge transfer fee and huge wages. Neither are Chelsea these days. Neither are richer than Arsenal. Neither are splashing 100m plus 300k a week wages.

It's either the Manc clubs, The Classico or PSG as an outsider.

Bayern spent a potential 80m euros on a teenager this summer. They have plenty of cash to splash.

Bayern spent a potential 80m euros on a teenager this summer. They have plenty of cash to splash.

They don't though, their transfer record and highest wage isn't high. Sanches was 30m up front. Let's see them splash 100m up front and 62 million in wages over 4 years plus a signing on fee of 10m or more. They don't have that type of finances, there's only 4-5 teams that do and Bayern aren't one of them. They're quite conservative in what they spend to. So even if they could, they wouldn't.