Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Yeah they should definitely set up an office for about 3 jobs every 2 or 3 years.

That’s a much more practical solution than driving 30 miles.
Wouldn't manchester benefit from a passport office beyond football players? I'm just saying the clubs to push government to do it with financial incentives.

I don't know how day to day life works in Manchester or the current passport situation, but I find it odd that a major city doesn't have one? Would all people living in manchester have to go to liverpool to access a passport office?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
So, we have just signed a 40 year old who has already retired, on £1.7M/week?

OverratedOpinion

Wasn't in January 2012? Before the City game in the FA Cup 3rd round. I remember the game was live on ITV and they announced Scholes during the build up.
Yep. Mad times, then Fergie shitting all over City following their "desperate" jibe.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The United social media team should at least throw out some teasers, maybe something like "It's a pretty quiet day here at MUFC social media team today..." to start with

WPMUFC

To appease our impatience? :lol:
Actually it was more of a perplexed reaction to the fact that a major UK city doesn't seem to have a passport office. Again, I live in Australia so i'm not up to date with UK passport locations :lol::lol:

I was thinking the clubs could chip in to give the city an office to benefit everyone

Wal2Fra

Wouldn't manchester benefit from a passport office beyond football players? I'm just saying the clubs to push government to do it with financial incentives.

I don't know how day to day life works in Manchester or the current passport situation, but I find it odd that a major city doesn't have one? Would all people living in manchester have to go to liverpool to access a passport office?
It's the same deal in Cardiff. Our closest passport office is/was Newport. Last I heard that was closing down too.
Could be juat down to accesability to the wider region.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
How do I upload an image here? Tried Imgur but it just shows "img" in a box
Did you use the little button next to the smileys?
Press it, then paste the link to imgur in the box that pops up.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I know it has nothing to do with transfer, but it is great place, and last part made me laugh.
:lol::lol: That's class.

:drool: Oh my days

imagine him doing this in a derby match:

just going through some of his highlights. I'm hyped, almost as hyped as the commentator in that video.
What a glorious goal that is :drool: would love to see him do that at the Stretford end v the Scousers for the winner :D

Just wanna say, in case this happens while I'm asleep and this thread gets locked...

This has been the best transfer thread of all time - a genuine World Class player saga, with Utd getting an outrageous deal done from under the noses of City.

José is a legend for this, as is Woodward.

A surreal, coming of age road movie of a transfer thread.

We deserve it, Sanchez deserves it.

Now lets go and win the fecking CL.
Great post @Rhyme Animal and totally agreed. To steal a player from under the noses of City while some of our rivals were also interested is incredible business.

And this thread has been amazing, the best I've been involved in :drool::devil: and feck yes, let's goooooo fir the CL now :drool:

Sparky Rhiwabon

I don't think it's the passport office, it's the UK Borders and Immigration Office (which is on the same road in Liverpool as it happens)

kentafuji

There is a passport office in Manchester, its near the Lowry Centre. I when there a few years back to sort my passport out

Not sure if you'd be able to sort work permits out, but there is definitely passport offices in manchester.

Tomics

I am so looking forward to the announcement but what could go wrong? it's at a point of no return now. The announcement will be more of a relief than excitement to me at this stage .

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

There’s about 10 or 15 offices in the whole of the UK and one is in neighbouring Liverpool. The only reason it’s come to your attention is because Sanchez is going to have to make the two hour round trip and it’s delayed his announcement. Most people would only need to deal with the offices once or twice a decade and don’t need to visit them in person.

kr0nix

:lol::lol: That's class.

:drool: Oh my days

What a glorious goal that is :drool: would love to see him do that at the Stretford end v the Scousers for the winner :D

Great post @Rhyme Animal and totally agreed. To steal a player from under the noses of City while some of our rivals were also interested is incredible business.

And this thread has been amazing, the best I've been involved in :drool::devil: and feck yes, let's goooooo fir the CL now :drool:
Are you the only one that has an avatar pic?

Sparky Rhiwabon

There is a passport office in Manchester, its near the Lowry Centre. I when there a few years back to sort my passport out

Not sure if you'd be able to sort work permits out, but there is definitely passport offices in manchester.
See above your post

sosolid4u09

The Alexis Sanchez transfer thread on bluemoon is twice as long as ours here.

Imagine what they've had to go through!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Please don't let him have any of that scouse water. He would be totally doped in the announcement video. "We win league next year, la."

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Actually it was more of a perplexed reaction to the fact that a major UK city doesn't seem to have a passport office. Again, I live in Australia so i'm not up to date with UK passport locations :lol::lol:

I was thinking the clubs could chip in to give the city an office to benefit everyone
Most people don't ever have to go to a passport office to get their documents. Normally, it's all done by post. It's only when you need something last-minute or for permit purposes (as in this case) that you need to attend in person.

@kentafuji, the place you went to in Manchester would have been an interview office - there isn't a full passport office in Manchester.

WPMUFC

There’s about 10 or 15 offices in the whole of the UK and one is in neighbouring Liverpool. The only reason it’s come to your attention is because Sanchez is going to have to make the two hour round trip and it’s delayed his announcement. Most people would only need to deal with the offices once or twice a decade and don’t need to visit them in person.
It "came to my attention" because I live about 2 hours outside Perth Western Australia and I can deal with all my passport inquired locally without having to travel to Perth.

I was just perplexed something like this couldn't be done in a major city like Manchester. It never crossed my mind.

Plus as others have said above, it's probably more than a "passport office" that is needed.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
:lol: Would have been better had we actually seen the man himself though! That’s what summer is for anyway. Myself and fellow muppets camping at Carrington with security :lol:
:lol: oh I wish I could be there.. this is so exciting!
I bet Carrington will soon have a stand dedicated for Caf muppets:devil:

Pace Abuser

I wish they would, buddy, but there's only 7 locations in the whole of the UK and so many of us have to make the trip to Liverpool. Though these days they're pretty fast through a postal service.

Alexis won't have to go himself as he'll be able to send an authorised person on his behalf. If I remember correctly it's allowed. We just need to hang on and soon we muppets will be able to get back to our lives :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.