Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh oh...., I'm running away from this thread, don't want to get sucked in... but but.... :wenger:

I appreciate Di Marzio isn't great on English, can someone clarify by "his agent wants deal with United and he doesn't want?"

Desperate :lol: Sanchez at his best can win you the league, like Bale/Hazard/Aguero/Griezmann etc one of few players a tier below Messi/Ronaldo.

Signing Sanchez would be massive and take United up a level and he's available for the Champions League.

So he hasn't been at his best for the four years he's been at Arsenal? What makes you think he'll turn that around?

Di Marzio's contact is probably very limited with Sanchez's camp - His agent's agenda is obviously pretty obvious as well. Regardless of what club he favors - He will want a better deal.

I think Arsenal would prefer our proposal - Regardless of what they're delusional fanbase believe but convincing Sanchez is another matter. It would probably take Jose being in direct contact to have a chance.

Still very much unsure if I even want this to happen.

I appreciate Di Marzio isn't great on English, can someone clarify by "his agent wants deal with United and he doesn't want?"
He’s saying that Sanchez would only sanction talks between his agent and United if he was interested.

He is basically saying his agent wouldn't be talking to United if the player wasn't interested.

It's a rhetorical question in response to "does Alexis want to go to United though".

Edit: Muppets are fast today.

If he joins Man Utd he should play as a center forward, not as a winger or advanced midfielder.

there’s no reason why he cant play the number 10 behind lukaku. He’s too small to be our main CF in the premier league but number 10 or coming in off the flanks is more suited to his game. He would thrive in the sort of positions Mata and Lingard have found themselves in the last couple of months.

If a player like Sanchez is available you just go for him and think about the tactics later, just like with RVP.
Fair point. It might also cause a change to the better as far as play style is concerned.

I still cant convince myself that this is anything other than a stunt by Arsenal/agent to either hike price or hurry city up, but my lord if its true it truly would be a coup

He's being rhetorical. "His agent is talking with United, so you think he doesn't want United?".

translated as "do you think his agent would be negotiating with united if he didnt want to go there?"

From Wengers press conference

On United’s move for Sanchez, he said: “Look, honestly, I cannot tell you much more at the moment about this situation. Nothing is really concrete at the moment. Is there truth in it? You conclude that. You could say that at the moment. It’s not that I don’t want to inform you. I don’t want to give you wrong information and, at the moment, I must say nothing is decided one way or the other.”

He’s saying that Sanchez would only sanction talks between his agent and United if he was interested.

He is basically saying his agent wouldn't be talking to United if the player wasn't interested.

It's a rhetorical question in response to "does Alexis want to go to United though".

Edit: Muppets are fast today.

He's being rhetorical. "His agent is talking with United, so you think he doesn't want United?".

Cheers guys. A flurry of the same answers tells me I can't understand tweets :lol:

there’s no reason why he cant play the number 10 behind lukaku. He’s too small to be our main CF in the premier league but number 10 or coming in off the flanks is more suited to his game. He would thrive in the sort of positions Mata and Lingard have found themselves in the last couple of months.
Look at Sanchez in Arsenal last season. He's a great center forward.

Di Marzio's contact is probably very limited with Sanchez's camp - His agent's agenda is obviously pretty obvious as well. Regardless of what club he favors - He will want a better deal.

I think Arsenal would prefer our proposal - Regardless of what they're delusional fanbase believe but convincing Sanchez is another matter. It would probably take Jose being in direct contact to have a chance.

Still very much unsure if I even want this to happen.

Think you'll find it there's a bit of delusion going on here. Rvp had Ferguson involved and that played the biggest part in that transfer.
With Jose and the fact that Sanchez has been all but looking to move to city since summer, there is very little chance of this happening.
That said hopefully this should drive the price up as city have been low balling with 20m whilst the club want 35m.

I still cant convince myself that this is anything other than a stunt by Arsenal/agent to either hike price or hurry city up, but my lord if its true it truly would be a coup

I think there's incentives from both Arsenal and United to sell him to us. The big issue is whether Sanchez wants to be at United.

Arsenal would like Malcom and possibly Mkhi. We would be out of interest for Malcom by getting Sanchez + able to ship Mkhi to Arsenal too. There's lots of incentives - it all seems up to Sanchez himself if he wants the same.

Would give us lots of options if it were to happen.

Martial, Sanchez and Lingard in a 3 behind Rom. When Rom isn't playing, stick Mata in that 3 and move Martial up top. All very interchangeable. We could very well be after a right winger as well though, who knows?

Probably that his agents want the better financial package (obviously) but Sanchez is pushing City. Just because he's pushing City doesn't mean he'd be willing to take less though - May just want his agents to ensure they match United's offer.

FFS here I was being happy knowing we wouldn't get him, now Di Marzio confirming we are likely and he's interested fecks sake, making shit difficult

I think he is implying that his agent wouldn't have wanted the deal if Sanchez hasn't said yes to it

I think he is implying that his agent wouldn't have wanted the deal if Sanchez hasn't said yes to it

???

He is saying his agent wants the United deal but Sanchez doesn't. It literally says that there.

So he hasn't been at his best for the four years he's been at Arsenal? What makes you think he'll turn that around?

Other than this season he's been great at Arsenal.

If United can get the Sanchez of last season (and previous seasons), it would be a fantastic signing, he's everything we hoped Mkhitaryan would be.

Do you reckon Wenger would be gutted to see City equal his invincibles season...?

Wild theory, but imagine if Wenger actually preferred Sanchez to come here in order to make it less likely that citeh went unbeaten.

It's possible, and afterall, that was such a proud achievement for him.

Ozil, Sanchez and griez.....dreaming is allowed right?

Sanchez-----lukaku-----Griezmann
-------------------Ozil-----------------
------------Pogba------Matic------------

I don't care Pogba has to play as 2 and Griezmann is on the right and we can't play martial etc all the time. Make it happen!

It's obvious to me that we've had encouragement from Sanchez to make an offer to Arsenal. Think we'll offer more money in wages and that will sway our way.

I read that Arsenal are now favourites for Malcolm.

Jose was apparently very interested in Malcom, so is it possible that he agreed to let Arsene have a free run at signing him, if we get Sanchez?

Wild theory, I know.

Movement beyond the Sanchez transfer, which I'm too lazy to list, suggests that Arsenal would much prefer us signing him.

I read that Arsenal are now favourites for Malcolm.

Jose was apparently very interested in Malcom, so is it possible that he agreed to let Arsene have a free run at signing him, if we get Sanchez?

Wild theory, I know.
Decent theory, too and makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.