Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
chuckle_brother_502624.jpg

:lol:

'Where would this leave Martial and Rashford?' ffs. There’s enough games to give everyone plenty of playing time. He’s easily in the top 3 in this league, if he displaces Rashford or Martial who’ve both been inconsistent all season then who gives a shit? We’d be infinitely better off for it.

Can’t see this going through. Just agents drumming up our interest to make Arsenal cave in quicker.

My God if it did happen though. Pure ecstasy.

If he likes a challenge that many suggested, and money is not an issue (I think it is, and he ll go where they offer him more, thus Man Utd), then he will take our offer and join.

If our bid was irrelevant or non-important, it would probably get just an honorable mention on the papers, on the section about transfers with the title "Utd interested in Sanchez". But it seems its far from it and for some reason we turned his head, whether it was money (I think so) or something else (like our history, we are the biggest club in the world, blah blah blah), yeah, definitely it was the money. He will grab the most and would care less about titles.

If he likes a challenge that many suggested, and money is not an issue (I think it is, and he ll go where they offer him more, thus Man Utd), then he will take our offer and join.

If our bid was irrelevant or non-important, it would probably get just an honorable mention on the papers, on the section about transfers with the title "Utd interested in Sanchez". But it seems its far from it and for some reason we turned his head, whether it was money (I think so) or something else (like our history, we are the biggest club in the world, blah blah blah), yeah, definitely it was the money. He will grab the most and would care less about titles.

He is 29 and has spent last 4 years in Arsenal. He wants trophies and for at least few years Man City are the best place to be if you want to win something.

tbh, i think sanchez would go to the club that offered the most in personal terms. I kind of laugh when any huge money player says they left for a new "project".

I think the only reason we have pogba and lukaku is solely down to our personal term offers.

It's a rare breed of footballer that puts project > money

One of the biggest advantages of moving to City here and now is that he's guaranteed a PL title. So, the question is does he want to leave Arsenal? Or does he want a PL medal? If it's the former, then we have every chance of getting him.

We are offering to pay more reportedly but is it that much more? And even if it did sway his mind it's very inevitable City match the wages eventually to bring him in.

I just read peps quote about sanchez time in barca. He said that alexis is not a winger, he is a striker. So he will play as a striker or false 9 in city. Pep again trying to be a genius and will change winning team and put classic striker aguero/jesus on the bench.

Looks like a desperate signing. How will he fit into Man Utd's XI?

If we're serious I'd offer them 35m and Mkhi.

To get a World Class player of Sanchez standard in contract in the current market you're talking about 80m (it'd be more but he's 29), and Mkhi doesn't fit here, yet would fit at Arse.

We'd be replacing Zlatan, and making a marquee signing. 35m, Mkhi and Rooney's wages.

Oh, and the number 7 shirt, obviously.

But it won't happen. He'll go to citeh, win a few trophies but ultimately stagnate and get frustrated being rotated as he hates that, and then leave.
All true except fee with miki in deal is not 35. We can get at least 25 for miki . So it is 60 mil plus huge signing on fee for a player who is out of contract in 6 months.
Don't get me wrong, i don't care for a fee. I would pay 60 for him any day.

He’s better than Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Mata and Miki so I’d imagine he’d fit in quite easily.

I mean goals, effectiveness and the ability to create something.

Just give Wenger Mkhitaryan for €10 and make him sign a contract that will leave Alexiz sulking in the stands until his City-move

Our deal involving Mkhi will be more appealing to them than City's. We get a top player, stop him going to our direct rival and they get a good player in return. Now it is upto the player to decide.

Not a chance this happens. I don't believe we are bidding at all.

Would have liked us to make a definitive statement as soon as the rumour started, to declare we were not interested. This all reeks of mischief making by City, Arsenal & Sanchez's agent. When he signs for City the headlines will be on how he snubbed Utd & Mourinho. He'd always dreamed of playing for City since the start of his career & they were the only club he ever really wanted to leave Barca for. Sanchez get's his preferred move, his agent makes a few quid & Wenger has a laugh at Jose's expense.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Desperate :lol: Sanchez at his best can win you the league, like Bale/Hazard/Aguero/Griezmann etc one of few players a tier below Messi/Ronaldo.

Signing Sanchez would be massive and take United up a level and he's available for the Champions League.

We'd surely play him on the right. In a fluid front three positions, starting positions aren't as important anyway.
Maybe he would play in an interchanging front 3 with Lukaku and Martial. Sanchez isn't really a wide player, he is much better in between the lines.
Fair points. Just feel he is at his best at LW. Would be a nice headache for Jose to have if it happens.

I would be extremely surprised if anything came of this, his career so far says he is terrible at choosing the right move when it presents itself so he will see out the remains of his career on Citys bench after they use him to get over this lean spell upfront.

City would be the better move for him at his age. They are set for a dominant spell the way they are going, and he would be guaranteed a league medal instantly.

Sign him Jose pay whatever it takes Ed.
I don't want to be a bit excited about it but God if it happens.

It is a smart move by Ed after all - he has some decent cards on the hand.

1) Goes to Arsenal, says: Give us Sanchez and we'll stay away from Malcom + possibly giving you Mkhi.
2) If Arsenal says no - Goes for Malcom. Arsenal then probably will miss out on him as replacement and get 0 from Sanchez + miss out on CL (Fewer reasons to come/less money to outspend us).

There should be every interest from Arsenal in selling him to us.

He’s better than Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Mata and Miki so I’d imagine he’d fit in quite easily.

I mean goals, effectiveness and the ability to create something.
If he joins Man Utd he should play as a center forward, not as a winger or advanced midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.