Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a really tough situation. I think if money from United and City was equal, he'd go for City and reasons would be greater chance of titles right here, right now rather than any deep affinity for Pep. It would be easier for him too due to the style of play.

However there is no doubt, he'd be worshipped here, 7 shirt and become an icon.. you can't get that at City, they're a smaller club simple as - but United's appeal isn't what it used to be.

From Arsenal's perspective, it comes down to which club is showing more respect in terms of offers being made. I genuinely think Mkhi could be brilliant for them, and the money on top.. well they can use that to buy Malcolm too. If City lowball them, they may sell to us out of spite despite their hatred for Jose.

I feel like I’m in an alternate universe. Sanchez will only sign for United over City if he is a mercenary and wants money over everything else.
And playing time and being a star man...can't forget that :(

I'll preface this with "i think Sanchez is going to city". However......

Just don't forget that we had one journo (Jamie Jackson) say months before hand that jose was obsessed with lukaku, everyone else dismissed, basically wrote lukaku off as an easy chelsea deal, then BBC broke the deal was happening in quick fashion. All the "tier 1" chelsea journos where gobsmacked the lukaku deal fell through.

We are more than capable of hijacking a deal. It doesn't mean we will, but we cannot dismiss that multiple journos are running with us paying arsenal more, giving sanchez his demanded wages and we are (rumoured) to be offering Mkhi as a carrot.

Highly....highly likely that sanchez has 100% committed to City and this is just some muppet fun. There is a CHANCE we are actually in for him.

Those comments are very interesting. I believe from reading them we are indeed interested and have bid for Sanchez.

It would be brilliant business by us to get rid of Mikh and get Sanchez. The ball is in our court if we're offering wages and Mikh but it's all up to the player.

I'll preface this with "i think Sanchez is going to city". However......

Just don't forget that we had one journo (Jamie Jackson) say months before hand that jose was obsessed with lukaku, everyone else dismissed, basically wrote lukaku off as an easy chelsea deal, then BBC broke the deal was happening in quick fashion. All the "tier 1" chelsea journos where gobsmacked the lukaku deal fell through.

We are more than capable of hijacking a deal. It doesn't mean we will, but we cannot dismiss that multiple journos are running with us paying arsenal more, giving sanchez his demanded wages and we are (rumoured) to be offering Mkhi as a carrot.

Highly....highly likely that sanchez has 100% committed to City and this is just some muppet fun. There is a CHANCE we are actually in for him.

Any Chance we had of getting this deal done is ruined using Mhiki as a carrot :lol::lol::lol:

Forget it

If Sanchez wants City then he will go to City. Even if we assume an optimistic scenario where Wenger wants to sell to us and not City because of Henrikh plus cash, Sanchez can just reject and wait 6 months before he goes to the first choice.

I don't much blame Sanchez either. He has an established working relationship with Pep so it's less of a risk for someone entering the last 3-4 years of his career. He will also join the club that looks on a better trajectory of multiple silverware each season.

As someone pointed out yesterday, if it is really true that United have made an offer for Sanchez at the 11th hour, the question has to be asked, why did United leave it so late?

Everyone has known for a year or more that Sanchez was running down his contract, so is it just a panic move or a lack of planning, that United failed to react to the situation and recognise that Sanchez would be the perfect marquee #7 that the club has been craving?

If Sanchez wants City then he will go to City. Even if we assume an optimistic scenario where Wenger wants to sell to us and not City because of Henrikh plus cash, Sanchez can just reject and wait 6 months before he goes to the first choice.

I don't much blame Sanchez either. He has an established working relationship with Pep so it's less of a risk for someone entering the last 3-4 years of his career. He will also join the club that looks on a better trajectory of multiple silverware each season.

tbh, i think sanchez would go to the club that offered the most in personal terms. I kind of laugh when any huge money player says they left for a new "project".

I think the only reason we have pogba and lukaku is solely down to our personal term offers.

It's a rare breed of footballer that puts project > money

Assume he would be joining as a no10 in a 4231? Cant see him wanting to join us as a right winger, we payed big money for ROM and Martial has to keep playing IMO!

It would mean pogba in a more defensive role with matic in a 2 (not that that is necessarily a problem). Defo give us more options.

I've always said he'd be good as a right now player on the left while Martial develops. People keep saying he's young and imo he doesn't do enough for us atm (I know his stats before anyone throws them out, but he doesn't do enough throughout most games), so this is perfect for me.
Imagine Sanchez on the left and Mahrez on the right. Massive upgrade on what we have to offer currently.

Martial is not 17/18, any development as a player is going to come through playing games, being understudy to another will only see him stagnate and/ or most likely leave.

I actually disagree anyway. He is a very good player who has been performing well this season to the point of being our best attacker. I don’t think he has matched his level in his first season here, but considering how last season went I think we can be delighted with his form. In general, his ability is only exceeded by Pogba in my opinion so he’s certainly not the player I would be looking to replace in the line up. You believe he needs to do more and would like to see someone else on the left wing in the meantime - does that mean you are happy with Lukaku, Mata or the other attacking players? Or if not entirely content, do you believe they are offering more than Martial to the extent that the left wing spot is the first you want to see us buy for?

If it’s merely a case of buying Sanchez because the opportunity to do so is there then I can’t disagree with that, it just wouldn’t ‘fix’ any of our problems. We are crying out for something different on the right hand side and I would love to see us address it in January, but it’s unlikely enough without buying Sanchez as well.

As someone pointed out yesterday, if it is really true that United have made an offer for Sanchez at the 11th hour, the question has to be asked, why did United leave it so late?

Everyone has known for a year or more that Sanchez was running down his contract, so is it just a panic move or a lack of planning, that United failed to react to the situation and recognise that Sanchez would be the perfect marquee #7 that the club has been craving?

Griezmann deal just fell through and he's going to Barca instead?

Given the back story of the summer, everything suggests that he's going to City. If Utd have bid, trust me that wouldn't have happened without the player and his reps being interested. Under normally circumstances, you could argue that might be to increase the fee, the wages or speed up the transfer but none of those apply as he's already showed his hand. He's also only a few months to wait before he can leave anyway.

It makes zero sense to bid on a player, that appears to have agreed to go to your rivals. How many kick in the balls do we need this season with the papers running with he'll reject it anyway and another example of the sea change, but conversely that's why I think there's a chance it might happen. Most would have argued the Rom transfer was a done deal....

Assume he would be joining as a no10 in a 4231? Cant see him wanting to join us as a right winger, we payed big money for ROM and Martial has to keep playing IMO!

It would mean pogba in a more defensive role with matic in a 2 (not that that is necessarily a problem). Defo give us more options.

It is a problem, but it's a problem for another thread.

We don't know what's going on. Could be that Arsenal have enquired about Mikhi first and then we've said "sure if you sell us Sanchez". Going by Wengers latest comments it looks like they want a replacement for him in the same window so this would make sense for both clubs. The HUGE sticking point though is that it probably doesn't make sense for Sanchez. If he wants to go to City he will, either in this window or the next.

If Martial doesn't do enough then what the hell does that say for the rest of our forwards exactly?

If signing Sanchez mean that he was being taken out of the side I'd be entirely against it. He's the best prospect at the club finally showing his talent on a consistent basis - Stunting his development for the sake of 2/3 years of Sanchez and maybe winning something isn't something I'd be encouraging.

As much as people are losing their collective shit not everything about this transfer would be positive - I don't really like the club investing in 29 year old players, especially ones so reliant on exceptional physical attributes. It's not crazy to think he could drop off badly in the next year or so and we could end up forcing him into the side and unsettling our best young talents.

He's a class player - Would instantly improve us but he wouldn't be my first choice if I'm being honest.

Jesus is injured for a while and Aguero is bound to pick up one himself soon so signing Sanchez becomes pretty important to City now. Any chance to inflict the slightest bit of damage to them is worth it.

We don't know what's going on. Could be that Arsenal have enquired about Mikhi first and then we've said "sure if you sell us Sanchez". Going by Wengers latest comments it looks like they want a replacement for him in the same window so this would make sense for both clubs. The HUGE sticking point though is that it probably doesn't make sense for Sanchez. If he wants to go to City he will, either in this window or the next.

Maybe. He might just want to play for a team again who will compete for the big honours and we are looking like we will do that next season. Plus we are still in the champions league and Arsenal probably won't get in the top 4 this year.

You fishing?

Not sure if bantering or just stupid :lol:

Do tell me where you see the Z:

fc-arsenal2017_051.jpg

One of the biggest advantages of moving to City here and now is that he's guaranteed a PL title. So, the question is does he want to leave Arsenal? Or does he want a PL medal? If it's the former, then we have every chance of getting him.

They may have been told back in the summer that Sanchez only wanted to move to City.

They may also have been told in the last few days that something has changed and he was open to a move to United.

Sanchez can play anywhere along the front line. He played on the right for Barcelona perfectly well.

With that said I still don't believe we are signing Alexis. This is just Arsenal and City seeing who will blink first: will Arsenal risk him leaving for free or will City risk letting him go to United when they can get him by raising their bid by £15m, which is small change for City's owners.

He'd be great for you but it's hard to see him choosing Mourinho over Guardiola after everything that went on in Spain.

If this story is true( and i believe it is not) only reason why we entered in race is maybe that his agent contacted us. We didn't go for him before because we thought "no chance".
So now either his agent is using us for more money from city( nothing new with us and agents) or alexis really wants to go here.
Or it is all one big bs by the press and he will be in city in few days.

Manchester United are believed to have made contact with Arsenal about a move for Sanchez in September, but it remains unclear if that interest has been renewed this month.

From BBC Ornstein who generally is clued up on Arsenal. It seems Alexis has been set on going to City.

Perhaps City were just being greedy insofar as they thought they could pick up Sánchez on the cheap.

Maybe they don’t actually want to fork out too much for a player the consider to just be a good squad option.

If United go all in financially on fee and wages, maybe making Sánchez feel wanted will persuade him our way.

Wishful thinking, more than likely, but I have no doubts we are trying this right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.