Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
How reliable is Simon Mullock from Mirror?

This is too much money for Sanchez, if true.

I'm not sure the manager or fans will care as long as we have a world class talent. Besides you have to factor in the reduced fee as an overall package.

Will be some sort of a minor miracle if we sign him. I'm a full blown muppet myself but even i won't get invested in a transfer like this. Not that arsed if we do/don't sign him. Will feel he's only after $$$ if we get him.

I'm not that bothered as well re: Sanchez. Think he's been awful this season(yeah I know he's played with a cba attitude, but still).

If we get him, alright. If not, other players out there.

Tbh, that will be just a moral victory, it won't affect them or anyone by the slightest. Only Arsenal will benefit more but I doubt they will even do anything with that extra money. As for City, adding extra 10m won't affect them.

It's all relative. Their chap is worth multi-billions, I am sure they aren't sweating over £10m!

Not worth the hassle of going out and doing it ourselves, but if Arsenal/Sanchez and trying to squeeze money out of a reluctant City, we're not about to stop them.

And we would just happily let them tell the world we’ve offered one of our players away if it was untrue? I doubt that.

I'm sure he's well aware of his fate at this point.

I feel like I’m in an alternate universe. Sanchez will only sign for United over City if he is a mercenary and wants money over everything else.

Feels like a waste of time if I'm honest. I just can't see it happening when all the talk leading up this window was Sanchez wants to work with Pep again.

This lad is a City fan, head firmly inserted up Pep's arse. Claims that Sanchez turned down Bayern and PSG for Pep. Following all the speculation it seems obvious that both Bayern and PSG pulled out due to Sanchez's crazy wage demands, which seem to be the sticking point with City here. PSG couldn't afford such an expensive transfer after Mbappe and Neymar whilst Bayern would never throw that kind of money at a deal.

I feel like I’m in an alternate universe. Sanchez will only sign for United over City if he is a mercenary and wants money over everything else.

Maybe he wants to play LWB under Jose :drool:

Would imagine Jose would use him central(I hope) if he came.

This only comes off for us if Sanchez really REALLY loves money and is really really REALLY desperate to leave Arsenal this month.

I thought it was always about money though? I might be mistaken him and Ozil's case but didn't Sanchez want to renew a year or so ago for massive monies?

To be fair if Sanchez plays RW (basically not seeing Martial out of the team) he is worth £300k a week to us. He's not worth that much to City though as they actually don't need him at all.

We'll win the wages/money war just because our need is greater but it's all down to the player. Unfortunately though, I believe the player only has one team in mind. Can't blame him, he's basically getting a league medal as soon as he signs.

Feels like a waste of time if I'm honest. I just can't see it happening when all the talk leading up this window was Sanchez wants to work with Pep again.

Still odd to me considering how poor Sanchez was for Barca under Pep and Pep himself berated him on 1 occasion for lacking the balls to play after an injury.

Though iirc, I read something a while back where Pep said he thinks Alexis thrives better centrally and he couldn't use him there because of Messi.

400,000. That's crazy money. Can see why City don't want to spend that on someone who's probably going to be on the bench most of the time.

This lad is a City fan, head firmly inserted up Pep's arse. Claims that Sanchez turned down Bayern and PSG for Pep. Following all the speculation it seems obvious that both Bayern and PSG pulled out due to Sanchez's crazy wage demands, which seem to be the sticking point with City here. PSG couldn't afford such an expensive transfer after Mbappe and Neymar whilst Bayern would never throw that kind of money at a deal.

He's actually a United fan, believe it or not, but has close ties and reports on City.

He also made out VVD was a priority for City like 24 hours before Liverpool announced him.

I don't really believe these stories. Of course United are interested in a fantastic player like Sanchez.. But I think all these stories are just part of negotiations tactics, and he will end up at City sooner or later.

400,000. That's crazy money. Can see why City don't want to spend that on someone who's probably going to be on the bench most of the time.

I don't know if he'd be on the bench most of the time. Probably rotated at times with Jesus.

Aguero would be the biggest loser in this if Sanchez went there.

I always saw him as a bit of a mercenary but he’ll definitely pick City. It’s not like he’ll be going to play for free.

He's actually a United fan, believe it or not, but has close ties and reports on City.

He also made out VVD was a priority for City like 24 hours before Liverpool announced him.

Isn't he the same lad who said Alves to city was done?

I'm strapped in and along for the ride, and allowing my Muppetness to take over. Why is everyone being so defeatist? In all likeliness he will still end up at City as they have been doing the groundwork for this transfer for the last 10 months or so, but I'm glad to see it looks like we are definitely in for him and looking to seriously try and compete with City for a player they are desperate for.

If he picks them, well fair enough, it's been in motion for a while with them and move on. If he picks us, we get a fecking mint player :D:drool: Either way, let's just enjoy the ride for a change guys! I've longed for another transfer muppet saga...

Wenger on Sanchez: "Nothing is really concrete at the moment. It is not that I don't want to inform you, it is that I don't want to give you the wrong information."

Except we know that nowadays money and trophies talk. Liverpool have an unreal history compared to City but you won't see anyone picking them over United or City or Chelsea. If this was 2013 there is no way he would go to City. But United are far from guaranteed a title even next year so I can see his reasoning.
They've always talked and are the primary drivers in any profession. success and wage.

Arsene Wenger on Sanchez to #MUFC reports: "Honestly, I can’t tell you much more at the moment about the situation. Nothing is concrete at the moment."

Martial --- Lukaku --- Sanchez
Pogba-------Matic------Lingard
Shaw--Jones----Rojo--Valencia
-------------DeGea--------------

That would be our best line up if Sanchez actually ends up at Old Trafford.

How reliable is Simon Mullock from Mirror?

This is too much money for Sanchez, if true.

It's 'only' £50 million. Sanchez is easily worth £50m.

Simon Mullock adding the wages is just silly.

VVD was £75m, but we don't say he cost Liverpoool £106m in January (including assumed wages of £150k per week for 4 years).

Not your typical response from Wenger, he usually bats any question like that away, something is definitely happening one way or another.

You really can't win on this forum. Before this broke everyone has been saying "ffs why aren't we in for Sanchez he'd be perfect for us on the right, Mourinho doesn't know what he's doing" then it's leaked we're interested and it's all "lol we're so gullible going for him, it's agent talk, he's obviously going city". Feels like we have to protest how we know he's not coming because we're like some jilted lover scared to get their hopes up.

Or maybe it's two different sets of people with two differing opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.