Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
He turned 29 less than a month ago. He'll be 30 right at the end of the year.

If you are a top player do you want a title that others have earned or do you want a title that you have a played a big role in? City already have the title in the bag, it won't be because of any special contribution that Sanchez will make in the 4 months with them.

We can offer him the same paycheck, if not more money. We can also offer Arsenal more than City can for a player that they don't have an immediate need for.

i prefer to be park ji sung rather than steven gerrard

4 new pages since last night.
This is going to be a waste of time, isn't it?

Has anyone in here acknowledged that our interest in Lukaku didn’t happen till the last seconds, or at least as far as the media knows. We are probably just better at keeping things under wrap.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we release nonsense and set up wild goose chases whilst we comfortably go about our business and then only actually know in final stages.

Good to see that Man Utd can compete financially with unlimited oil funds of City.

Great if we get him but not at all convinced we should be after a left winger when we've got two decent options there already and a big empty void on the right side of the attack. I'd much rather we focus on signing Lucas Moura or someone similar. Unless of course Sanchez is pegged for the number 10 role here with lingard on the right.
No brother, you don't pass up the opportunity to sign someone of Sanch's quality. You just don't. There's a lot of ways Martial and he can be played together. This is easily my choice signing amongst the names I've heard in a while and I previously thought it was not going to happen but if there is the slightest opportunity for the board to make it happen, they should do everything in their power to see it through.

I think this fake news and a cover for something else. All the stories from summer indicate he has his heart set on the city ‘project’. Good luck to him.

My brother supports Arsenal and hates Sanchez. Just spends all game ranting at how often he loses the ball and how he tries the same things over and over again, even if they aren't working. He can't wait to get rid of him.

My brother supports Arsenal and hates Sanchez. Just spends all game ranting at how often he loses the ball and how he tries the same things over and over again, even if they aren't working. He can't wait to get rid of him.

You tend to see the bad things when the player's about to leave your club.

Having slept on it, I'm even more certain this won't. It seems the most blatant example of an agent trying to hurry a team along to get the signing over the line. We just love to take the bait when it comes to this, always seem to play along.

I've seen nothing that makes me think there's even the smallest of chances we sign him, I've seen this all so many times before.

Why are people glad that we're driving the price up for city? It's daft. They want what they perceive to be value for money in so much as they don't want to fork out a transfer fee and huge wages when they can get the player for huge wages but no transfer fee in the summer. If he has his heart set on joining them then one of this eventualities will come to pass.

If city did decide to splurge big on him, then its hardly like we have forced them to spend "their whole transfer kitty". With their backing, there will always be money.

This kind of talk just makes us look small time.

All this talk of this being a manufactured plot on the part of the players' agent and Arsenal to "hurry city up or force them to raise their bid", seems to me rather silly. City are a well run football club, surely they can see through this (if we can)? Or at least wouldn't this be the job of the selling team to let it be known to the City hierarchy that their offer has been bettered and if they want the player, they better pay up more? Surely, they're not gonna lie about this to City. If this is a plan by Arsenal or the agent, it is a naive and foolish one and City should easily see through this. Then they can just tell Arsenal to bore off and sign him on a free in the summer.

I think we have actually bid for the player. And though it is likely that Sanchez may choose City, the fact that we're competing and driving up the price is a good thing. We should be in the mix for top class players anyways, especially at this price. We cannot let City have an easy time, as Bayern have it in Germany.

You really can't win on this forum. Before this broke everyone has been saying "ffs why aren't we in for Sanchez he'd be perfect for us on the right, Mourinho doesn't know what he's doing" then it's leaked we're interested and it's all "lol we're so gullible going for him, it's agent talk, he's obviously going city". Feels like we have to protest how we know he's not coming because we're like some jilted lover scared to get their hopes up.

He's carried the club since he's been there. Your brother is bitter.

We'll end up bidding more than City, he'll still go there, and then the papers can go with the narrative that even when we offered more money he still wanted magical and perfect Man City.

Just enjoy the ride guys. We have people whi moan we’re not after the likes of Sanchez. Then when we are, we just dismiss it. There’s been wnough proof over the years that we really don’t know whic way this is going to go.

Strange comparison. Park was a big player for us and didn’t just collect a title!
he is kinda like fellaini , squad player , being used in certain type of match and tactic.
if fellaini was played in previous united team and won title, he would be considered as big player too but in reality both are nothing more than squad player

well then i still prefer to be a squad player who won title than steven gerrard

Personally I just wonder why United would make a bit now. He's basically been on the market for a year now, why would anyone wait until it's 10 days into the window and he appears set on City before making a bit. That sounds too random/moronic to be true.

Personally I just wonder why United would make a bit now. He's basically been on the market for a year now, why would anyone wait until it's 10 days into the window and he appears set on City before making a bit. That sounds too random/moronic to be true.

Im guessing we couldn't pay £70m in the summer for a player in their final year. It says we've showed interest straight after deadline day.

I personally don't care if we don't sign him, as long as we've got other irons in the fire that are equally as good, if not better, which shouldn't be too hard seeing as Sanchez isn't exactly a spring chicken.

A number of circumstances could have changed. It appears City are only offering £20m and Arsenal want more, allowing another club to step in and take advantage - possibly us. Some reports suggesting City are a bit behind on Sanchez's wage demands, whereas we're certainly in a position to give him a big salary if we're also set to release Ibrahimovic, as is also being reported.

City may not be willing to bust a gut to get him as they're not in desperate need for him as they are stacked with attackers. They don't really need to overpay for him. We need an attacker more than they do. We might be more willing to cough up the £35m they want, which would be a bit silly for a player who will be free in 5 months, but desperate measures and all that.

Or we may not have bid at all, and his agent may just be trying to get City to act.

carried them to what?
FA Cups and to wherever they finish in the league. Without him they would have finished with a lot less points. Had a poor season this year but has still won them points with his goals.

You see, a number of Arsenal fans have this viewpoint because Sanchez has long decided that his future wouldn't be in an Arsenal shirt. Yes he does loose the ball a fair bit but this is because he tries difficult stuff a lot more than anyone else. Trust me, they are trying to cope with the fact that their best player would be leaving them soon.

Think about it, as shite as Arsenal has been for the past few years, they have been winning trophies almost every year. This is largely down to Sanchez.

He has a lot of Carlos Tevez about him.
He's got grit, he's one of the few players you want to have in your side against parked buses as he would always try to make things happen and will never hide or give up. He also has his ability to work his way through parked defenses and has a very good scoring instinct. He's one of the few players I can truly call "world class" in the league and would elevate our game no end.

How reliable is Simon Mullock from Mirror?
Jose Mourinho has entered the bidding, after learning that City are refusing to meet both Arsenal’s £35million asking price and the striker’s demand for a three-and-a-half-year contract worth £400,000-a-week
Sanchez also wants a £15million signing-on fee. The Premier League leaders have baulked at a deal that will cost them £124m this month for a 29-year-old.
This is too much money for Sanchez, if true.

he is kinda like fellaini , squad player , being used in certain type of match and tactic.
if fellaini was played in previous united team and won title, he would be considered as big player too but in reality both are nothing more than squad player

well then i still prefer to be a squad player who won title than steven gerrard

I think the point was less what the position in the squad is and more when they joined. The title is as good as won as has ever been the case in Jan, so Sanchez would still struggle to say he ‘won’ a title at City. It would be hollow

Peanuts in a market VVD is £75m!!!
75m for VVD was also over the top. We were just desperate because of our shitty defense and tapping up issue also raised the price. I didn't think United need Sanchez that desperately.

Sanchez is the type of player who is definitely world class material, but he just doesn't have the psyhical strenght to drag a mediocre (no ofense) team after him. He would face the same situation if he joins Liverpool, which won't happen.
In order for his potential to be properly exploited, he needs better players around. Can't do with Xhaka and Danny Welbeck.
I am sure that he'll be great at any of the Manchester clubs. Considering that he has a relationship with Pep Guardiola and City seems to offer a better perspective, I don't like our chances of getting him.
Let's see what happens, though.

Won't happen. Sanchez is 29 and wants to win titles which means that he is going to City. They are sure winners this year and if they keep up the tempo, they will be hard to catch next year as well. I honestly think that if we were in City's current position, he would have signed for us but can't see it happening as things currently stand. And they can match his wage demands as well.

Will be some sort of a minor miracle if we sign him. I'm a full blown muppet myself but even i won't get invested in a transfer like this. Not that arsed if we do/don't sign him. Will feel he's only after $$$ if we get him.

This only comes off for us if Sanchez really REALLY loves money and is really really REALLY desperate to leave Arsenal this month.

I think he's desperate to leave ASAP.

I just wonder how much the money matters to him.

As if City wouldnt up their bid. This will be over soon and we can move on to other prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.