Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's completely hilarious and unrealistic though, you realise that? It just isn't close to real life.

why is it hilarious? What's so hilarious in Mkhitaryan to be grateful of being given a second chance at a top EPL club after failing with us? Danny Welbeck (you remember him, big guy with no idea of scoring goals) was so grateful for such an opportunity that he went on saying I am a gooner in the media day 1 after signing with them, forgetting the fact United made him. This is a one hell of an opportunity for Mkhitaryan. Its rare for a player to get a second chance at a top club after failing. Most end up at the likes of Everton, Stoke or West Ham.

Hard to fault Raiola here. Arsenal showed their hand too early and it's going against them.....and us!
Meh, Raiola's 'wetting his beak' & everyone concerned will know how preposterous this is. If football wasn't so awash with money and shady deals weren't so commonplace, chancers like him would be laughed out of the room. In more serious industries, a mere 15% is the normal rate of agents' commissions, not multi-millions of pounds.

@Nick7
Why would it? Theres nothing to negotiate? It would come down to if Mkhi wants to play so its a players decision.
Play for 4 months to showcase your value so Raiola can use that to rinse clubs in the summer.
At worst he could advise Mkhi but there wouldn't be any tough negotiations taking place.
Not like this anyway.

By all accounts he's literally being told mid season not only that he has to leave, but that he has to move to a specific club to help us facilitate a move. Forget the payrise. We're lucky that he's open to the idea at all.

It would be interesting to see what happens. I think if it got to that stage Arsenal would have to be pragmatic and realise that 30 odd million is much better than nothing in a few months time.

Wenger said when Sanchez and Ozil were refusing to sign new contracts and only had 18 months left on their contracts he'd rather keep them(and hope they were professional and help Arsenal into the T4 twice)than let them leave on free transfers unless somebody offered a small fortune for them, it's rumoured that City did go 'massive' for Sanchez in the Summer, if true they obviously turned it down, now they are offering us Sanchez hoping to finalise a deal for Mkhitaryan, but i'm sure they secretly hope it will force City's hand and they will come back in and offer stupid money for Sanchez again, and then offer us circa £25m straight cash for Mkhitaryan knowing we almost certainly wouldn't turn it down. Anything rather than dealing directly with United for Sanchez

If I had a job in Manchester and they told me I would have to move to London, I'd damn well expect extra compensation for the move and an increase in wages. I'd ask for as much as possible and see what they offer in return. No different.

I'm tapping out of this now...it’s very boring

Checked twice in 3 days and nothing

I am really hoping this Mkhitaryan situation - in particular the abuse he is getting on Twitter - doesnt make future talent think twice about a move here.

Yeah Mkhi has shown glimpses of brilliance but also has been missing an awful lot but as others have pointed out he was a big part in our success in the EL last year and for me it feels that because Sanchez has become available he has now become merely a pawn for us :( I would just hope other players wont look at this and doubt us.

Unrelated to the transfer but his likeness to David Schwimmer is uncanny. :eek:

@Nick7
Why would it? Theres nothing to negotiate? It would come down to if Mkhi wants to play so its a players decision.
Play for 4 months to showcase your value so Raiola can use that to rinse clubs in the summer.
At worst he could advise Mkhi but there wouldn't be any tough negotiations taking place.
Not like this anyway.
Because Raiola is his agent. That's how it works, there would be negotiations over who was going to pay him. That's not even going into the fact that Arsenal would laugh at the idea of a 6 month loan for him with the potential of him going elsewhere in the summer. There's no benefit to Arsenal, no benefit to Mkhitaryan either if the loan fails and he's stuck up sh*t creek.

If I had a job in Manchester and they told me I would have to move to London, I'd damn well expect extra compensation for the move and an increase in wages. I'd ask for as much as possible and see what they offer in return. No different.

If I had a job and I under-performed for most of the duration, I wouldn't have a job, anymore.

Tbf, most people would consider that an upgrade :p

People bitching about Raiola make me laugh.

The bloke is literally calling this "The Mkhi Transfer". He's a right git, but he gets transfers done.

We should be fecking ecstatic that Raiola is pushing this hard to make it happen. If Mkhi pulled a Martial and said "no" straight away. This whole deal would be off. Raiola knows his player is not wanted at MUFC, however he+mkhi stand to make the most money NOW by making a deal happen. If Mkhi doesn't leave, Jose will make him nothing more than a rotational player with the odd euro appearance. Raiola knows arsenal want to save face.

He will get the best deal for himself and Mkhi and we will get sanchez. There is no going back.

Meh, Raiola's 'wetting his beak' & everyone concerned will know how preposterous this is. If football wasn't so awash with money and shady deals weren't so commonplace, chancers like him would be laughed out of the room. In more serious industries, a mere 15% is the normal rate of agents' commissions, not multi-millions of pounds.

I hear you and I agree with you. However asking for a payrise after just failing still stinks irrespective of the industry one is in. If I was Wenger I wouldn't even want him anywhere close to the club now. Arsenal is providing him with the unique opportunity of playing at a top club where he can still shine in, while retaining the same salary he's got. Instead he's expecting a salary increase. Who would do that?

ADM was good even with us up until LVG squeezed every ounce of happiness out of him and the rest of the team. Mkhitaryan never impressed.

As said its not about the club he joins. Its about asking for a payrise after failing to a club whose gracious enough to give him a second chance.
I like your term gracious.....as if Arsenal are a football charity trying to sign footballers down on their luck to keep him off the streets.

He doesn't deserve his current salary and on merit he absolutely doesn't deserve an increase I agree with you on that. However sense and merit don't exist in any of this. Sanchez doesn't deserve 300k a week, Jose doesn't yet deserve a contract extension etc..
He did not ask for a transfer so he is chancing his arm and I have no issue with him trying to play hard ball on that one and if he is not happy he can come back and sit in the stands till the summer.

He was a very bad man that LVG stopping ADM from putting any effort into his performances after his initial good start.

Wenger cant close a deal to save his life.

Plus Raiola and Wenger have had some previous issues as well. Cant see Arsenal paying the agent £5million fee hes asking for the transfer

Wenger said when Sanchez and Ozil were refusing to sign new contracts and only had 18 months left on their contracts he'd rather keep them(and hope they were professional and help Arsenal into the T4 twice)than let them leave on free transfers unless somebody offered a small fortune for them, it's rumoured that City did go 'massive' for Sanchez in the Summer, if true they obviously turned it down, now they are offering us Sanchez hoping to finalise a deal for Mkhitaryan, but i'm sure they secretly hope it will force City's hand and they will come back in and offer stupid money for Sanchez again, and then offer us circa £25m straight cash for Mkhitaryan knowing we almost certainly wouldn't turn it down. Anything rather than dealing directly with United for Sanchez

Worst logic ever! No chance do we not get Sanchez but still sell Mkhi to Arse

Arsenal are not a bad club ffs. People make it sound like they are relegation fodder. Yes, they have shitloads of problems which will only increase in the summer, but if the reports of Auba and Malcolm are true, they will have a decent Starting XI (okay probably Decent-ish). They still play good football, which Mkhi has said previously he is a fan of. (His actual comments posted a few pages ago)

Raiola is just trying to get as much as possible for his client and himself, but it'll cross the line for sure. There's really nothing concrete (Insert Concrete website joke here) to suggest that a swap is unlikely.

@Nick7
But they'd get 30m as well though, we then sell him in the summer ourselves to recoup that fee so its a wash.
Im pretty sure Utd and Arsenal would negotiate the structre of payment as with every other loan deal, the player isn't involved in that.
Its just a thought.

The hate that Mkhi is getting is fecking stupid.

He's out of order to try and get the best deal he can for himself, because he's 'reportedly' slowing down us signing a new player!

feck his goals in the Europa League last season.

feck his assists at the start of this season

feck him.

He's a cnut.

:rolleyes:

I really hope after this absolute non story (transfer takes multiple days, who'd have thunk it?) that United fans don't still hold it against Mkhi when he's lining up for Arsenal

Raiola is the best friend we have right now. Once people stop squirming about "greed" and just face the realities of modern transfers, people will realise you want a closer in transfer negotiations.

Chile know :drool:

Even the Chilean press have had enough. La Tercera start an article today with: ‘Chapter 4.825 of a series that becomes tedious: where will Alexis Sanchez play?’

If it’s up to Rodrigo Sepulveda, a journalist with the Chilean newspaper, it’ll be Manchester United.

In an open letter to the Arsenal player, Sepulveda urges him to sign for Jose Mourinho, explaining why it’s the right choice to make right now.

La Tercera title the article ‘Alexis, go with Mou’, and Sepulveda explains: ‘Leave the passivity and seek the madness. Get out of Wenger’s mind and go for genius. Leave the “professor”, the “economist”, and go for originality. You already went through Pep, he already directed you, now there’s dreams of Jose’s revolution.

‘The Special One can transform you. Superb, presumptuous, insolent, but a tremendous coach. Alexis, go ahead and win.’

Feel bad for him. He has to move, otherwise he's not getting a game for the next 6 months, but he doesn't want to move to arsenal

of course Mkhitaryan is at Carrington, he is training lol. He is employed by the club

Status
Not open for further replies.