Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it matters but top 4 we may as well forget it now. I doubt we are going to sign any replacement.

I feel like we're just gonna come out looking a bit silly. He clearly wants to play for Pep and he's basically got an easy Premier League medal lined up as well.
:lol::lol:
Only if you start to believe every story ever published.

Genuine question, where would you go if you had no particular interest in United as a fan?

Kinda hard to say honestly, but (apart from league success) I don't know why on earth he would choose City. United have history, prestige, a full 78k legendary stadium, the promise of continual investment with high ambitions. The pull of becoming the next United No. 7 could surely be a factor for any footballer worth their salt.

City are walking the PL and have a good chance of winning the CL at this rate - yet of course a section of United fans will claim if/when he signs that he did it purely for money.

Why didnt Lukaku go to Chelsea since they are Champions, surely he'd want to go to the Champions? They've won 2 out of 3 leagues, surely they are a bigger prospect than Man Utd?

In fact, why did Sanchez go to Arsenal in the first place; when it's clear that they are not a team that are likely to win the PL or CL?

It's not as simple as 'City are the best thing since sliced bread' so every player wants to go there.

if we wanted Sanchez we would have bid last summer when Jose was publicly courting a player like Perisic

he's clearly set on Pep and Pep is set on him

Arsenal have leaked this trying to tease some money from City
Think 60m on a player in the last year of his contract is too much for Ed and the Glazers.

Kinda hard to say honestly, but (apart from league success) I don't know why on earth he would choose City. United have history, prestige, a full 78k legendary stadium, the promise of continual investment with high ambitions. The pull of becoming the next United No. 7 could surely be a factor for any footballer worth their salt.

Except we know that nowadays money and trophies talk. Liverpool have an unreal history compared to City but you won't see anyone picking them over United or City or Chelsea. If this was 2013 there is no way he would go to City. But United are far from guaranteed a title even next year so I can see his reasoning.

Guardian is pretty reputable and when it comes out in a few publications it's usually because they've been briefed.
I doubt club goes briefing about making a bid. From making a bid to come into agreement with club and player is a long way.

I doubt club goes briefing about making a bid. From making a bid to come into agreement with club and player is a long way.

I would imagine that if it’s true that United have bid then they must have held talks with the Sanchez camp.

Guardian is pretty reputable and when it comes out in a few publications it's usually because they've been briefed.
I don't think anyone was briefed. It is more like working with the sources.
I am not even sure if Guardian is that good to believe. They come up with some unbelievable stuff during transfer windows.

I would imagine that if it’s true that United have bid then they must have held talks with the Sanchez camp.
Not the point I made. Even if you have some agreement, unless it's pretty sure the deal is in bag, you wouldn't brief. There is every chance a deal can fall for one reason or another.

Let’s be real, he’s going to City.

Would be hilarious if we got him and dumped them with Mkhitaryan though :lol:

It’s fairly obvious something has happened. I know some of you like to believe the press make up things out of thin air but a story like this with reputable journos reporting it will have some grain of truth somewhere along the line. I’d be amazed if we haven’t in fact tried to hijack it, why wouldn’t you? Quality player for practically nothing. If he goes to City he goes to City but I’d certainly support us trying.

It’s fairly obvious something has happened. I know some of you like to believe the press make up things out of thin air but a story like this with reputable journos reporting it will have some grain of truth somewhere along the line. I’d be amazed if we haven’t in fact tried to hijack it, why wouldn’t you? Quality player for practically nothing. If he goes to City he goes to City but I’d certainly support us trying.
There is a big chance something lost in translation. Down the year you can see many of City target was linked to us, leading me to believe some people assume it was us when Manchester is mentioned.

Imagine Sanchez comes to us, becomes a flop and Mickhi shines at Arsenal.

Don't know about Sanchez but i'm pretty certain that Miki will shine at Arsenal. He is a textbook Arsenal player.

There is a big chance something lost in translation. Down the year you can see many of City target was linked to us, leading me to believe some people assume it was us when Manchester is mentioned.

I severely doubt those sources would get the two clubs mixed up.

Imagine Sanchez comes to us, becomes a flop and Mickhi shines at Arsenal.
How would Sanchez flop? He’s been killing it in the Prem and has no serious injuries to his name like Falcao and Torres had.

If we sign him, he’s almost certain to be a success.

Will he be able to play in the CL either for City or us having played in the EL this season already?

Throw 30m at them and see what happens. Arsenal might push him towards us or force City to pay even more over the odds. Win win situation.

Except we know that nowadays money and trophies talk. Liverpool have an unreal history compared to City but you won't see anyone picking them over United or City or Chelsea. If this was 2013 there is no way he would go to City. But United are far from guaranteed a title even next year so I can see his reasoning.

Players care about money and trophy prospects. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

If we made a bid, we must have heard from team Sanchez that he is open to talks at he minimum. Whether this is genuine interest from him or a ploy to squeeze a few more quid off City... time will only tell.

Think 60m on a player in the last year of his contract is too much for Ed and the Glazers.
yes perhaps you are right....felt it was a perfect signing myself but maybe the player has working with Pep and getting a really bumper pay packet in his mind

Nothing makes more sense for either club. I too, think Mkhitarian will be great for Arsenal, and we’re in need of a number 7 who isn’t CL cup tied, and can help unlock stubborn defenses with s bit of magic. This could well be Mou’s Cantona moment

Why didnt Lukaku go to Chelsea since they are Champions, surely he'd want to go to the Champions? They've won 2 out of 3 leagues, surely they are a bigger prospect than Man Utd?

Wanted to work with Mourinho again, good mates with Pogba, who knows?

In fact, why did Sanchez go to Arsenal in the first place; when it's clear that they are not a team that are likely to win the PL or CL?

Because it was only Arsenal or Liverpool that were in for him from memory. Even if United were, they weren't in the CL at the time.

It's not as simple as 'City are the best thing since sliced bread' so every player wants to go there.

I know it's not, but common sense says that a combination of being by far the best team in the PL, one of the very top teams in Europe, working with a manager he worked for before and of course being paid a lot of money is probably why they are an attractive opposition, I think it's just all too easy for United fans to whinge and say it's solely down to the latter because it suits their agenda.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

Don't know about Sanchez but i'm pretty certain that Miki will shine at Arsenal. He is a textbook Arsenal player.

Just out of interest what qualities has he shown that he will thrive at arsenal?

I’m severely disappointed by Mkhitaryan’s transfer/form. There’s not really another way to put it without going into much detail.

I would absolutely love Sanchez here. Let’s hope!

Because it was only Arsenal or Liverpool that were in for him from memory. Even if United were, they weren't in the CL at the time.

I know it's not, but common sense says that a combination of being by far the best team in the PL, one of the very top teams in Europe, working with a manager he worked for before and of course being paid a lot of money is probably why they are an attractive opposition, I think it's just all too easy for United fans to whinge and say it's solely down to the latter because it suits their agenda.

Most posters here said that it would be a logical choice to go to City and not cause of the money....

I severely doubt those sources would get the two clubs mixed up.
Turned a couples page back. Look at the Tweet with Sane, John Stone, Bernado Silva. At this point it 's no longer the question about coincidence but intention

I'm not sure any of those things really matter though. Everything about City looks more enjoyable and with football being a short career I'd be going there if I didn't hate them I think.

Throw 30m at them and see what happens. Arsenal might push him towards us or force City to pay even more over the odds. Win win situation.

feck it throw 50, forget its the last year of his contract nonsense, we are up against City plus he wants to go there plus Arsenal would prefer to sell to City than Jose.

If they do get Sanchez, I expect Aguero to feck off in summer, with Sanchez taking that striker position.
If they do that I hope we're after Aguero. Would be an insanely stupid deal from City.

Im under no illusion that the history of the club is an attraction to him. I think he is City bound. But players often don't take these type of decisions rationally. What is a recurring theme for players is about how they feel about the club; they want to feel wanted and want a project to believe in,

All it could take is Guardiola not wanting him that much; and Mourinho giving him a really good pitch to change his mind. The fact that Sanchez will be a much more important figure at Utd could be a factor in his decision; whereas at City he will be a cherry on top to their squad.

Most posters here said that it would be a logical choice to go to City and not cause of the money....

Yes, I meant to say some United fans as I did in the original post, I appreciate the majority have their heads screwed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.