Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll offer a higher fee and better wages and he'll still go to City. Fair play to him in that case, though it sucks for us. Hopefully it's sorted sooner rather than later, so we can move on to other targets.

Genuine question, where would you go if you had no particular interest in United as a fan?

Genuine question, where would you go if you had no particular interest in United as a fan?
Depends on money and playing time. Since money will be huge for both and he'll be a starter for both, it'll fall down to medal prospects.

Just footballing reasons? City, of course. (Caveat: If I had realistic fears of not getting into the City starting XI, I would've picked United).

Given that it's likely Sanchez' final big contract, I'd want as much money as I possibly could get from this move, so that could tip the scales. But let's face it, we probably won't be outdoing City financially in this one.

Basically this. It’s a very easy decision, and he’s a professional footballer who clearly believes in his ability, he won’t be bothered by the other players at City as he’ll believe he’s better than them.

He’ll get paid a fat wedge too.

City are walking the PL and have a good chance of winning the CL at this rate - yet of course a section of United fans will claim if/when he signs that he did it purely for money.

Ballague saying we can get him because City are unwilling to pay more than 20M. Dumbest thing I’ve heard all year. In a pure battle against United, they’d stretch far longer than 20M

Would be more intrigued if he was not another right-footed left inside forward. It’s the strongest area of our squad for the next ten years!

Who have they asked ? Isn't Ed responsible for our transfers and negotiation ? "Not aware of any bid" is an answer someone who has nothing to do with our transfer business will replay with, because it's either " We didn't bid " or " We have no comment on this ".

I'm not saying Sanchez had this talk but if I were him, I would think :

Join City, be a part of a team which is obviously going to win the title (whether he joins or not) or join a team and help them dethroning a team who won it the previous year. For same money (or maybe more, if United offered him), I know where my contribution will be more recognized. If he has his heart set on playing for Pep then it's a no go but if not, and only money motivates him then he would join us.

I hope he goes to City and Jesus makes a quick recovery, they have problems and they explode or just go away.

Not bitter :) oops!

Ballague saying we can get him because City are unwilling to pay more than 20M. Dumbest thing I’ve heard all year. In a pure battle against United, they’d stretch far longer than 20M
City can't spend an infinite amount of money.

Who have they asked ? Isn't Ed responsible for our transfers and negotiation ? "Not aware of any bid" is an answer someone who has nothing to do with our transfer business will replay with, because it's either " We didn't bid " or " We have no comment on this ".

The response usually comes from the club's press liaison, who'd be the last person to know anyway (plausible deniability)

Why didn’t Susan the caterer give a straight answer?

DTSGOCVXkAEuAg6.jpg

"So, You are telling me there's a chance"

Even though id love this to happen i think its just a story put out there to get as much money out of city as possible and to get them to make a move for sanchez

He will be a guaranteed starter at City as well. Dont know where that doubt comes from

Not as certain as he would be for us. I know Pep likes his crazy formations but can’t fit them all in.

De Bruyne, Sterling, Silva, Jesus, Sane, Aguero, Sanchez. Fernandinho will play as the defensive mid so two will have to miss out.

Not as certain as he would be for us. I know Pep likes his crazy formations but can’t fit them all in.

De Bruyne, Sterling, Silva, Jesus, Sane, Aguero, Sanchez. Fernandinho will play as the defensive mid so two will have to miss out.

If they do get Sanchez, I expect Aguero to feck off in summer, with Sanchez taking that striker position.

Would be more intrigued if he was not another right-footed left inside forward. It’s the strongest area of our squad for the next ten years!
Played on the right for Barca quite a bit when Messi went central and was scary good on the right for Udinese. So if true I’d suggest he will be playing on the right for us.

If Miki also moves to Arsenal I’d imagine he’ll start playing decent stuff. Would fit in with their style of play especially if they also add Malcom or Lemar.

if we wanted Sanchez we would have bid last summer when Jose was publicly courting a player like Perisic

he's clearly set on Pep and Pep is set on him

Arsenal have leaked this trying to tease some money from City

if we wanted Sanchez we would have bid last summer when Jose was publicly courting a player like Perisic

he's clearly set on Pep and Pep is set on him

Arsenal have leaked this trying to tease some money from City

Or maybe we didn't try to bid at this time because we were sure he's going to sign City, but now his agent told us he's keeping all his options open so we decided to make a try, such like Lukaku.

Depends if the only thing I was interested in was money.

If I listened to that little boy inside, I'd either stay at Arse or go to United.

I dunno, I think at his age he probably wants more silverware and is most likely to get it at City. Plus the football they're playing at the moment would be more enjoyable to be a part of. Hate to say it, but almost everything looks more attractive there to a player.

I feel like we're just gonna come out looking a bit silly. He clearly wants to play for Pep and he's basically got an easy Premier League medal lined up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.