Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe lads, believe. :drool:

Hoping we can persuade him with playing at Old Trafford, the no.7 and being a guaranteed starter.

Would be funny if we pulled this off but i cant imagine it will actually happen. City would have to feck up massively.

Quite the most stupid post of the year so far

He has a point to an extent. We should be putting world class players ahead of both, Rashford in particular right now.

Rashford may or may not be a world beater in a few years, but if we are also still scrapping for fourth up until then, then we have basically become Arsenal.

We won't catch City unless we strengthen our attack with real quality, and that unfortunately means players will lose out.

Wait. We have a much better chance at winning some trophies, so technically if he bypasses that to join United then the money argument becomes valid. You’ll probably offer him more money afterall, since your need for him is far greater. Time will tell. :D Why do people always talk about wages when nobody has got a clue.

Sigh.. there was a time when whatever you just said was completely wrong and opposite. How times have changed. Damn it Moyes! :rolleyes:

Edit: Agreed about the white text too.

Sanchez is 29, isn't that a bit too old for the caf?

29 you say?! Now that you mention it he does look fatter, slower, less interested! Clearly already semi retired! Lets move on, plenty of young talents in the French second division.

Easy to kill time waiting for news. Stream a couple of episodes of the new Duck Tales reboot, or Black Mirror, and then come back to this thread.:)

If only the transfer materialises:(. That number 7 shirt shouldn't be given up easily:nono:. I won't want another Depay scenario plus I like the sound of #ALEX15 :drool:

I think Arsenal are trying to force the sale.

The way I see it, City are pretty stoked in the attacking department and although Pep likes him, this is not a huge priority for him at the moment - mostly giving him extra depth for the long term. Because of that City are happy to wait couple months and get him on a free.

For Arsenal's hierarchy it would be a financial disaster to lose the two most expensive players in their history on a free, so they are trying to force the sale - probably contacted us with swap offer, which would be their preferred option. They probably also released the rumors in the press in case the swap deal fails, in order to spur City into acting now.

Last edited:
DTSGOCVXkAEuAg6.jpg

Am I missing something, what did Pep do to humiliate Sanchez. Pep signed him for Barca and as far as I know they got along great, then Pep left for his "sabbatical". I think his desire to work with again is what is driving this, plus he knows he guaranteed at least a PL title this season

I wonder how satisfying it is to be given a title that has already been won!

No chance.
All this is, is Arsenal worrying about losing him for free in the summer - so leaking the story to pressure City into spending, now. As many others have said.

Nothing to see here, just our club's name being used to force the price up and pressure a team into buying now.

So why can't it be the case; that we did bid for Sanchez; and Arsenal have leaked it to get a bidding war going? Why does this have to be completely concocted? Surely if someone is so specific about the offer United have given; Untied would do something to deny it or take legal action if it was completely made up.

No chance.
All this is, is Arsenal worrying about losing him for free in the summer - so leaking the story to pressure City into spending, now. As many others have said.

Nothing to see here, just our club's name being used to force the price up and pressure a team into buying now.

We'd have denied the rumours if that was the case by tipping off journalists, seems we're definitely in the race. Biscuits

It was over once City showed him that fan full of stadiums.

Raiola is Mkhitaryan's agent so he will obviously know if Sanchez is involved in the deal. Doesn't make sense of Woodward leaking this and especially to Sky in Italy. That's why I'm thinking it's Raiola who has leaked it to Sky in Italy and Di Marzio has form with Raiola.

This would actually make a lot of sense because Di Marzio very rarely comments on Arsenal and when he does he’s often wrong. It’s one club he definetly does not have a source but seeing as Arsenal don’t have any Raoila players that might be why he never s gets info. It adds up if he’s got the info from him. The fact he’s given it to Di Marzio suggests Arsenal are keen on a deal otherwise why tell him?

Not very informative. Just a hunch based on the fact Sanchez once signed for Guardiola, but Guardiola up and left within a year.

But the whole thing stinks of ‘I want money’, rather than I prefer that boss over the other boss.

Give him the bleeding money then.
Sure all top players are the same....

This would actually make a lot of sense because Di Marzio very rarely comments on Arsenal and when he does he’s often wrong. It’s one club he definetly does not have a source but seeing as Arsenal don’t have any Raoila players that might be why he never s gets info. It adds up if he’s got the info from him. The fact he’s given it to Di Marzio suggests Arsenal are keen on a deal otherwise why tell him?

I’m guessing Di Marzio knows Sanchez’s agent from the time Sanchez and his other big client Vidal were in Italy, either that or someone close to his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.