Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also add agent fees and transfer fee and signing bonus.
Also chelsea's manager may be leaving at end of the season, dont think they make such a commitment for a player in january.

No chance he would go to Chelsea and I don't think they are even interested. It's just like with Lukaku, a day prior to us officially signing him Chelsea were supposedly trying to hijack a deal...

I'm pretty sure we were the hijackers in the Lukaku deal to be fair.

Honestly, it's surprising that Chelsea were not in for him to begin with. They have been struggling with goals. Hazard hasn't been on form and Morata has just struggled to score goals. Sanchez could have easily moved considering he wouldn't have to leave London. However, Sanchez wants around 350k in wages which I don't think Chelsea will pay since they are themselves offering 300k for Hazard to renew his contract which would destroy their wage structure. I think this last ditch attempt seems fake. Chelsea would have hijacked this deal a week back when they realized that Sanchez was available.

City said not matching other PL club(s )apparently and journo are running with Chelsea interest basically
Could also be a face saving angle from City, leaking that Chelsea also interested and entering a bidding war to up it even further as a way to tell their fans it's a crazy price at that point and they didn't lose out to just United.

Why are posters turning on each other in here over this? Christ the hysteria is unnerving. If he joins us, that's fantastic. Most of us didn't even think it possible. Were he to have joined City after all, it's only what was expected. If Chelsea...meh...who genuinely cares. Jose has them salty between losing Matic and Lukaku.

If we don't sign Sanchez tomorrow I'm genuinely concerned for the mental health of some of the people here. Myself included in that. Nothing has actually happened since mid afternoon to make this anymore likely and I was saying I don't see why he'd come, but Jesus now I'm full on Muppet.

He said he’d be lying about dropping Mkhi for tactical reasons only didn’t he?

I thought that he was implying that he was a goner, and with the rumour being a swap plus cash for Sanchez, I’m taking that as Jose telling us it’s done

Come on, it might as well be. They've been cheerleading for City and being their mouthpiece for over a week now.

But it's not a statement. People are talking about it as if that's a statement put out by City, probably because of the way the dipshit journo has presented it.

So its City putting out the Chelsea link?

:lol:

City cant be stupid enough to think they save money by waiting. Any player in demand would want a large cut of that transfer fee as a signing on fee or want it in some form. That is his value.. Either his club gets it, or he does.

They are trying to save face. Some will lap it up.

If we don't sign Sanchez tomorrow I'm genuinely concerned for the mental health of some of the people here. Myself included in that. Nothing has actually happened since mid afternoon to make this anymore likely and I was saying I don't see why he'd come, but Jesus now I'm full on Muppet.
Nothing will happen for 48hours Wenger said.

Status
Not open for further replies.