Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are trying to get Andy Carroll on loan. I don't think they'll be matching what we're offering.

Modric, Ronaldo, Suarez, Cavani, Ramos, Messi.

Ibra, Robben, Ribery, Iniesta were all world class well into their 30's.

I mean, seriously, it's well known that 27-32 is generally a players peak. We should, in theory, have Sanchez for his peak years as a player. Your statement is just so silly.
Well most of those players arn't wingers, and you look at the injury problems Robben and Ribery have had in their 30's i wouldn't want of committed 350k a week to either of them

the only player id say out of that list who plays in a simlar style to Sanchez is Ronaldo, and comparing Sanchez to him is laughable.

Im not saying a player cant still be good post 30, but pretty much every player on the planet loses a yard or two of pace at that age and when your some one who plays out wide that can massively reduce your effectiveness.

So for me signing a player on wages above anything we have ever seen, who is coming up to 30 plays out wide and while has other skills pace is a big part of his game, for me isn't clever.

Chelsea can’t even sign Andy fecking Carroll on loan I don’t think they’ll be signing Sanchez.

When an iconic and global institution like Man Utd come calling and determined to get a player, to be completely truthful there is not much any other club can do about it,the money is just a bonus,Thats the reality!

As somebody who always looks at the worst case, my worry is City have accepted this 'defeat' but will now go blow a ton on someone like Griezmann who I'd much rather have and would most likely be better

Griezzmann is a quality player, but ridiculously overrated.

Well most of those players arn't wingers, and you look at the injury problems Robben and Ribery have had in their 30's i wouldn't want of committed 350k a week to either of them

the only player id say out of that list who plays in a simlar style to Sanchez is Ronaldo, and comparing Sanchez to him is laughable.

Im not saying a player cant still be good post 30, but pretty much every player on the planet loses a yard or two of pace at that age and when your some one who plays out wide that can massively reduce your effectiveness.

So for me signing a player on wages above anything we have ever seen, who is coming up to 30 plays out wide and while has other skills pace is a big part of his game, for me isn't clever.
You asked for examples of players and I gave them. Robben and Ribery had injury problems their whole careers, that's just a lame excuse on your behalf. If anything Robben didn't peak as a player until he was 30.

Also have you seen Valencia for us? I think that defeats your argument that players lose their pace at 30.

Incidentally what world class wingers in recent times have declined massively once they hit 30?

Sanchez will be kicking his lips at the chances we are creating tonight.

Hopefully his wage package is based on a lot of bonuses as being linked with United, City and Chelsea could be him playing them against each other to get the highest possible wage, as opposed to actually having a desire to play for a certain team

Would wenger prefer selling him to chelsea though?

Status
Not open for further replies.