Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a surprise. I didn't predict us to make a move for him.

Let's see how that will pan out, but at least no regrets from our side if he at the end preferred City, at least we would have tried.

Money aside, the only selling point for us is thay we can offer him his preferred role if he so wishes. I doubt pep will allow Jesus or Augero to move aside in his.

Tbh, I think Sanchez signing for City spells the end for Aguero.

Why would this not be true? People here really think united might not really be interested in signing one of the 3 best players in England, available for CL and all told relatively cheap in total relative to his level?

They don't want to get their hopes up.

@amolbhatia50k while it is true I don't want to get my hopes up, I genuinely don't believe it. @giorno We probably are interested in getting him but he more than likely was always going to City. If we were genuinely going after him we would have actually bid for him a long time ago not at the 11th hour.

There are multiple alternative explanations for this rumor:

Sanchez using United to get a better deal from City. By faking our interest or by throwing overtures to us to get us interested.
Arsenal using it to get a better deal from City.
If it was a throwaway kind of rumor ( at this point its not that) I would even have said City putting it out there to one up us.

Maybe this is our trick in order to cause difficulties for City, forcing them to pay more in this pursuit.

Sanchez is like Perisic in the summer, our left flank has already been too narrow and there is protection in our youth policy. Hence i dont think United board will ever allow Jose to kill both Rashford and Martial with Sanchez signing

Dont think any club confronts transfer rumours head on thats just petty.
Except City who post a weekly transfer roundup on their social media accounts. Weird cnuts

No, but we usually brief the press if a few of the more reliable journos comes up with a transfer story at the same time.

Bluemoon are panicking me thinks, and their posts are just them trying, embarrassingly, to convince themselves there is zero zero chance of Utd gettin him.

Ridiculing any possible way he joins Jose.
The thread will vanish into thin air if we do get him.

A negotiation tactic from Sanchez his agent to drive up the value of its client. This will force city to up the offer (to the player that is) but not to Arsenal.
Sanchez get a higher wage check and tells Arsenal he only wants city after carefull consideration.

Sound logic.

I'm not getting sucked into this one. I'll get excited the second I see him in a United shirt from official United sources.

Wise position.

You'd assume that at the very least our supposed interest will drive the price up for City.

I don't think Sanchez actually wants to sign for us. Even if he would like United more as a club than City, it was Guardiola who brought him from Udinese to Barcelona so they probably have a great love affair going already.

Good points.

We kinda did with Griezmann. Briefed the press saying out interest had cooled.

Yep.

I can't see it happening. He could go to City right now and have a PL medal in 5 months time.

That said, maybe he values playing time. Not even Aguero starts every game over there, such is their depth of talent.

True.

I can't help but get excited because he would be perfect for us.

It will come down to money. His last massive contract. We have a chance imo
And CL. And it's not like you have no chance of winning it this year either, and a player like Alexis would go a long way towards increasing your chances

I did a quick Google Image search thinking it must be relevant to some sort of charity or foundation, turns out it's just a random shit Clipart pic. :lol:
:lol: I was thinking the same. One of my cousins has learning difficulties and the logo looks spookily similar to the group that helps him.

He’ll be competing with Sane won’t he? A player who has already won a PL POTM award, is young and the club wants to develop him further. Sanchez wouldn’t play every game and would have to fight hard for his place in the team. That, combined with our history as a club, is our only advantage over City imo. They have Pep and a PL winners medal to give him in may.

Maybe he’s put off by their reluctance to pay up for him, negotiating over a few millions with Arsenal.
Yeah exactly. He'd start every game for us, he'd instantly be our best player.

Y'all are gonna be so disappointed when this doesn't happen. Muppet Meltdown Episode #57.

Reeks a bit of desperation from us if it is true. Yes he'd be a good fit for what we need but everything points towards him going to City.

IMO the opinion what makes this deal possible is:

1, Arsenal were very interesting in bringing Mhiki to the Emirates when United signed him that summer

2, Arsenal were open to a swap deal with either Sterling or more unlikely Aguero for Sanchez at the end of the last market

For those reasons I do believe a deal could happen between the two clubs but skeptical about whether either player would be open to the move. Sanchez seems set on Pep and Man City and would not be surprised at all if Mhiki just wants to get out of England.

Since when did the guardian become a reliable source? This is obviously not true. He is off to city unfortunately.

Sanchez and Ozil for a combined 50M in this crazy market :drool: :drool: :drool:

Lukaku, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, Sanchez, Ozil and Mata. Love that as an attacking unit, has it all.

You make my inner muppet pop out:devil:

Y'all are gonna be so disappointed when this doesn't happen. Muppet Meltdown Episode #57.

Reeks a bit of desperation from us if it is true. Yes he'd be a good fit for what we need but everything points towards him going to City.

I don't see anyone having his hopes high regarding this signing, so I don't think anyone will be disappointed much.

why would be pay through the nose unnecessarily? we appear to be offering what we're offering and happy with that, really can't see us getting into a bidding war with yourselves and it'll only be for a couple of million more than we were prepared to pay.
Right now yes you are holding on but what happens if pep or whoever involved feels that utd might pip them to the signing they might panic offer higher wages or sign on or fee which ever it is and most likely totally unnecessary especially if utd aren't actually interested even if it's just a few million overpaying is overpaying.

Okay after initial wanking over him, i come to realize he isnt coming. Surely we wouldnt have left it so late and Arsenal would be the real winners of this news as this will force city to up the offer.
Its clear its an agent briefing media so as to get city to up their offer. City will get their tagline of him chosing them over us. Arse get their money and as usual our name can be used free of cost. We should start charging clubs/agents for creating interest using our names. We d probably rake in as much as matchday income for united.

I've wanted Sanchez here for an age but I just don't see any scenario in which he picks us over City. If he leaves in January there is a guaranteed Premier League winners medal waiting for him there, a coach he trusts and a system which affords him creative freedom and an environment to thrive.

They've been doing the groundwork for far too long and have far too much money to allow him to slip away to a rival.

Arsenal/Sanchez's camp trying to squeeze some more money out of City in the tail end of negotiations. Seems to be relatively common in the closing stages of transfers.

How can it be a meltdown when hardly anyone really believes it will happen at this stage? I'd be more excited if DiMarzio reported that Sanchez really wants to play for us. All he reported was we have made contact with Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.