Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di Mazrio is possibly the best source in football journalism.

In fairness he has never been great for us in our own right. He's incredibly well connected in Italy and was spot on with Pogba and Darmian, but those connections are obviously with the selling team in both cases. When it hasn't involved an Italian side I can't remember him getting anything of substance correct and he got Fabinho wrong in the summer.

If it's his agent or Arsenal leaking the rumour that also unsettles a Utd player (Micky) then I'd expect us to issue a denial fairly quickly via some journo.

Fingers crossed it's another Lukaku situation though.

feck 25m, give them 50m. Yeah, he's out of contract in the summer and could sign on a free but he's a top 3 PL player and unless he's only going to go to City, just stump up the premium.

Sure we need a bollox transfer story every window just because... The odds of this happening are literally 0%, literally, Jamie!

Y'all are gonna be so disappointed when this doesn't happen. Muppet Meltdown Episode #57.

Reeks a bit of desperation from us if it is true. Yes he'd be a good fit for what we need but everything points towards him going to City.

Why does it "reek a bit of desperation"? What act to help us beat City next season wouldn't seem desperate in your opinion?

Reeks a bit of desperation from us if it is true. Yes he'd be a good fit for what we need but everything points towards him going to City.
There really is no chance, but I'd offer him a substantial signing on bonus and 40m-50m to Arsenal.

Arsenal/Sanchez's camp trying to squeeze some more money out of City in the tail end of negotiations. Seems to be relatively common in the closing stages of transfers.
Could also be us trying to make PSG cough up Lucas. Although I'm not sure an extra 20m is going to make them sweat all that much.

Why would any PL team want Mkhi ? that too for a swap with one of the best players in the league.

But i do think Sanchez to City is pointless and just a big pay day for Alexis. I think CIty are offering him £30 million signing on fee

Okay after initial wanking over him, i come to realize he isnt coming. Surely we wouldnt have left it so late and Arsenal would be the real winners of this news as this will force city to up the offer.
Its clear its an agent briefing media so as to get city to up their offer. City will get their tagline of him chosing them over us. Arse get their money and as usual our name can be used free of cost. We should start charging clubs/agents for creating interest using our names. We d probably rake in as much as matchday income for united.
Exactly. Which is why the club will unofficially tell some of the journalists to come out and say that we aren’t in for him any minute now surely?

Or maybe not....?

Why does it "reek a bit of desperation"? What act to help us beat City next season wouldn't seem desperate in your opinion?

A last ditch attempt to pull the rug out from under a transfer to another team is a bit desperate. Otherwise we would have laid the ground work for this long ago. It's not like Sanchez leaving Arsenal in January was a secret.

Out of curiosity, let’s say hypothetically that he does come. Where would he play? At #10, RW, LW or CF?

We need this so bad. We must have some indication from the player that he would join as well, surely?

Don't get it, what does he mean ?

Delaney isn't the most trusted one I know.

Sorry it doesn't make much sense without the previous reply. Someone else replied previously saying the press were just throwing United's name into the mix to create a "United miss out" narrative.

Out of curiosity, let’s say hypothetically that he does come. Where would he play? At #10, RW, LW or CF?
Anywhere across a front 4 in a 4231. On either side, through the middle, even up top if Lukaku is out.

Sorry it doesn't make much sense without the previous reply. Someone else replied previously saying the press were just throwing United's name into the mix to create a "United miss out" narrative.

Thanks. So he meant that this is wrong and we're really in for him ?

A last ditch attempt to pull the rug out from under a transfer to another team is a bit desperate. Otherwise we would have laid the ground work for this long ago. It's not like Sanchez leaving Arsenal in January was a secret.
True, but the possibility of throwing Mikhitaryan in a swap deal is a new idea and has to be a very recent development.

Still don't think it'll happen though.

Two guys saying it's a nothing story. Delaney assuring them they're are wrong.

Delaney does get involved in a lot of muppetry though.

I'd say Delany probably has the worst track record of anyone covering us off the top of my head.

And he's an absolute cock to boot.

Also reasons why we could convince Sanchez to join: City have Aguero, Sterling and Sane on great form then Jesus behind Aguero. Bernard Silva as depth. I'm guessing they want sanchez to replace Aguero, but even still, he'll be rotated around quite a bit and wouldn't be an automatic guaranteed starter for them nor really make much of a difference (unless he does exceptionally in the CL). City obviously need more depth on the wings and up front so I can see why they'd go for Sanchez, but that means they either drop sane/sterling/Aguero or they all rotate which Aguero and Sanchez wouldn't want to do. Think they might need to aim lower for the quality they want to be the depth in the front 3.

At United he'd be the key player, take on the iconic #7 finally as a worthy replacement for Ronaldo, and can be seen as a real catalyst to take us up a level. And more money for him and arsenal. So it's not like there's no hope. Saying that I still feel like it's more last second stuff then anything and he'll be a city player in the summer.

I'm pretty sure we're being used here - every indication is he's going to City and according to the article there's nothing concrete to suggest we're in for him.

Would love it if it happens but it's just ammo for journos once he goes to City to create something out of nothing and fuel the Pep vs Mou idea they have.

He can play anywhere across the front line. It’s a nice problem to have.

But I’m not sure anyway about signing him. He is 29 and I don’t see him being like Robben or Giggs and keeping that level up in his 30s.

If this guy is/was seriously up for joining Utd, we should have been all over this in the summer transfer window, not just throwing in a last minute bid now. It makes us look like were not that interested, when in reality he should be a Number 1 priority.

Two guys saying it's a nothing story. Delaney assuring them they're are wrong.

Delaney does get involved in a lot of muppetry though.

If Delaney has some knowledge of it then this is definitely some kind of a briefing, by whom I do not know. Highly doubt he has any kind of exclusive knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.