Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
An I mentioned earlier, if they are just using our name we will make a statement denying any interest. We won’t want to publically lose out to city.

Unless we make a statement soon we can safely say our bid is real.

When did we ever make statements about players of other teams, especially ones we don't bid for?

Erm, Gomes is 17 years old and playing for our reserves. You can’t avoid signing a player that is borderline world class because you want to develop a 17 year old kid who has a very small chance of reaching a similar level. That would just be stupid wouldn’t it. If we were to develop Gomes, I’d rather see us sacrificing the minutes we’re giving Herrera or Fellaini.

I was just kidding

This is the perfect signing. If it goes through, I will take a one week leave from work to celebrate. I don't mind us paying a few extra millions or being shafted by Arsenal. This guy is top drawer.

Still not convinced

Sounds like arsenal are just trying to get City to pay more and get it done quickly.

I’ll splooge everywhere is he ends up here though

Seldom is that actually the case though, particularly with domestic transfers. Because clubs (in this case Arsenal) risk being embarrassed if the club that is name-dropped turnaround and say 'we're not even interested'.

A negotiation tactic from Sanchez his agent to drive up the value of its client. This will force city to up the offer (to the player that is) but not to Arsenal.
Sanchez get a higher wage check and tells Arsenal he only wants city after carefull consideration.

Why would this not be true? People here really think united might not really be interested in signing one of the 3 best players in England, available for CL and all told relatively cheap in total relative to his level?

Erm, Gomes is 17 years old and playing for our reserves. You can’t avoid signing a player that is borderline world class because you want to develop a 17 year old kid who has a very small chance of reaching a similar level. That would just be stupid wouldn’t it. If we were to develop Gomes, I’d rather see us sacrificing the minutes we’re giving Mkhitaryan, Mata, Herrera or Fellaini.

:lol: stop biting

An I mentioned earlier, if they are just using our name we will make a statement denying any interest. We won’t want to publically lose out to city.

Mourinho will deny it in a pre match presser when the deal is done. It’s a fools errand declaring yourself not interested in a player for a number of reasons.

1. You’re helping the club buying the player. In this case, City.
2. You’re going to piss off an agent that you might want to work with in the future.
3. If you declare yourself not interested in a player, it sets a precedent. Do you deny every rumour for every player? What happens when you don’t address a rumour? Does that mean they are signing?

Have we ever made a statement denying our interest in a player before?

Yes yes yes please be true. Also if we only just started talking to him, why. He was always the perfect type of signing for our attack. Best possible move for us IMO. Seriously hope it's true, though I'm skeptical and even if it is I feel like he might choose City. We'll see.

Why would this not be true? People here really think united might not really be interested in signing one of the 3 best players in England, available for CL and all told relatively cheap in total relative to his level?
Because the club is obviously defeatist and would never believe a player would choose us over the gods at City!

I'm not getting sucked into this one. I'll get excited the second I see him in a United shirt from official United sources.

You'd assume that at the very least our supposed interest will drive the price up for City.

I don't think Sanchez actually wants to sign for us. Even if he would like United more as a club than City, it was Guardiola who brought him from Udinese to Barcelona so they probably have a great love affair going already.

When did we ever make statements about players of other teams, especially ones we don't bid for?
Not sure we’ve done it before, but rumours like this are not good at all for the club if he signs for City. I don’t expect us to make an official statement, it’s much more likely that we’ll brief some journos and they’ll say that we aren’t in for him. If no journalists denies our interest within the day I’d say we’re definitely in for Sanchez.

Many times when we were sure he was going to rivals or if we would get embarrassed by the rumor. Guardiola announced as City manager, Ronaldo claiming he wanted out of Madrid last season etc. Before these incidents, we were linked with them, but the rumors were quickly dispelled by the club.

If it did happen (massive if) where would he play? Taking the Martial/Rashford position on the left? Shifted out right? Or behind the striker?

I really fecking hope he goes anywhere else than to you.

This forum has been renamed to Pepcafe, so why are you surprised that people are convinced that any top player will prefer City over Utd?

Many times when we were sure he was going to rivals or if we would get embarrassed by the rumor. Guardiola announced as City manager, Ronaldo claiming he wanted out of Madrid last season etc. Before these incidents, we were linked with them, but the rumors were quickly dispelled by the club.

In official statements? I don't remember that at all.

The club would be releasing ten statements a day with the amount of players we're linked with.

Yes.

I remember we even went as far as announcing on MUTV we had no interest in Gaitan after several rumours :lol:
Obviously not every player we get linked to in the paper do we comment, but something like this I’m sure we will, especially if we think we are being used to get “beaten” by city

He's been the best player in the Premier League since he arrived in my opinion

Every team should be making a move for him with any ambition because he improves any team in the world

Another "United rejected" headline incoming. Sigh...

It really grates on me how much we are used in the transfer market.

They don't want to get their hopes up.

Yes.

I remember we even went as far as announcing on MUTV we had no interest in Gaitan after several rumours :lol:
Obviously not every player we get linked to in the paper do we comment, but something like this I’m sure we will, especially if we think we are being used to get “beaten” by city

:lol:

Because our name brought in too late just to speed up the process and or pay some more. It's obvious they reach ana agreement last summer though.

Oh I can’t handle this. I know it’ll end in disappointment, but the excitement is inevitable. Let’s say we do get him. Will he be willing to play as a right winger? He excelled on the right hand side at Udinese didn’t he? If he gets the LW spot then what do we do with Rashial? Can Sanchez play as a #10?

:lol: Ye poor feckers, lads I know its been a tough few months and this is the first real juicy transfer saga of the window but this ones a non starter, move along before you get hurt :lol:

It’s irrelevant if this forces City to pay more. They have almost unlimited funds. What a boring as shit way to be. No wonder they can’t fill a stadium, soulless and pointless.

Why can’t we just brief some journos so they can deny the interest? It’ll save us so much painnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.