Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absouletely 0% chance of this happening. Sanchez to City has been done and dusted ages ago.
If Woody pulls this off I would probably tattoo his name on me face

We all saw what happened with Lukaku in the summer. That’s the reason why I’m starting to believe

Yes.

I remember we even went as far as announcing on MUTV we had no interest in Gaitan after several rumours :lol:

Obviously not every player we get linked to in the paper do we comment, but something like this I’m sure we will, especially if we think we are being used to get “beaten” by city
Gill ended up ringing Benfica to tell them to stop, ffs. :lol:

I can't see it happening. He could go to City right now and have a PL medal in 5 months time.

That said, maybe he values playing time. Not even Aguero starts every game over there, such is their depth of talent.

Martial-Lukaku-Sanchez
Pogba-Matic-Herrera

Inter-changing front 3. Each can play as ST or wide men.

Lukaku has never to my knowledge played outwide, at least for nothing more than the odd match possibly, which you could probably count on one hand over the course of a career spending 300+ games.

We've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he has the game to do so, other than one worldie cross v Huddersfield.

This makes sense. Top players, winner, can play CL. If we could get him, that would be great piece of business. And will show that Woody has cajones to take on Man City.

Not sure we’ve done it before, but rumours like this are not good at all for the club if he signs for City. I don’t expect us to make an official statement, it’s much more likely that we’ll brief some journos and they’ll say that we aren’t in for him. If no journalists denies our interest within the day I’d say we’re definitely in for Sanchez.

I'll save you the time. The club has never officially confirmed bidding or not for another player. They can't publicly comment on players of other teams, so they wouldn't do it now.

Anything that comes from the journos can be dismissed as made up nonsense. It simply can't be traced back to a reliable source. Do the club officials unofficially brief journos on every player we are linked with? No chance. And it works both ways because when we lose a bidding war for player (which obviously happens too) we can just turn around and claim we were never in for him.

In this case, I expect the same as always will happen. There will be journos that'll come out saying we're in for him and some saying we aren't. It's just the rumour mill to sell clicks. What actually happens, feck knows and there's no way for us to corroborate. The club will as always stay silent.

Looks to me that Sanchez is definitely leaving in January - and not in the summer.

Why else would he left on the bench against Forest and Chelsea?

But City will probably have to cough up to get their man.

Not sure they need him - but I reckon whoever pays and offers the best deal to Arsenal will get their man.

Sanchez's heart simply isn't at the Emirates anymore - and the thought of a Europa League slog is too much for him.

Absouletely 0% chance of this happening. Sanchez to City has been done and dusted ages ago.
If Woody pulls this off I would probably tattoo his name on me face

Did you make the same vow when a £90m bid for Pogba's return was laughed off? Or when Lukaku signed for Chelsea?

Sanchez isn't a City player, they've not even agreed a fee. You can forgive some for thinking United have indeed entered the race.

How does the guaranteed to win a title at City argument hold up when he left Barca for Arsenal?

I can't see it happening. He could go to City right now and have a PL medal in 5 months time.

That said, maybe he values playing time. Not even Aguero starts every game over there, such is their depth of talent.
He’ll be competing with Sane won’t he? A player who has already won a PL POTM award, is young and the club wants to develop him further. Sanchez wouldn’t play every game and would have to fight hard for his place in the team. That, combined with our history as a club, is our only advantage over City imo. They have Pep and a PL winners medal to give him in may.

Maybe he’s put off by their reluctance to pay up for him, negotiating over a few millions with Arsenal.

Bluemoon are panicking me thinks, and their posts are just them trying, embarrassingly, to convince themselves there is zero zero chance of Utd gettin him.

Ridiculing any possible way he joins Jose.

Woody smokescreen for Griezmann?
Malcolm was the smokescreen for Moura was the smokescreen for Sanchez was the smokescreen for Griezmann.

Next level screening from Woody :drool:

If Sanchez replaces Sane, the press will be wetting themselves at the way Pep has developed this 29 yr old, who always had potential, but never would have realised it at United.

Would be one of the great stories in transfer history if he signed for CIty, and Pep modifies his tactics to accommodate him... and we pip them to the bloody league.

If this is Sanchez agents the club needs to deny making a big right away. If we have actually attempted this then surely we've had some encouragement.

What’s with that profile pic?

I did a quick Google Image search thinking it must be relevant to some sort of charity or foundation, turns out it's just a random shit Clipart pic. :lol:

Did you make the same vow when a £90m bid for Pogba's return was laughed off? Or when Lukaku signed for Chelsea?

Sanchez isn't a City player, they've not even agreed a fee. You can forgive some for thinking United have indeed entered the race.

Obviously anything can happen, I'm just trying not to get drawn into this because we both know this'll end up in mass muppet sucide

As I live in a Spanish speaking country I watch the game with commentators that are from Argentina, Chile, and so on.

On the game against Derby, one of the commentators say that he knew Sanches family and that there was a big offer from United to him. That it was going to be big news soon. He say he was still deciding between City and us.

I didn't believe it when I hear it because this commentators tend to say a bunch of misleading crap, but now will pay attention to anything he say on the game again Stoke :drool:

Lukaku has never to my knowledge played outwide, at least for nothing more than the odd match possibly, which you could probably count on one hand over the course of a career spending 300+ games.

We've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he has the game to do so, other than one worldie cross v Huddersfield.
Lukaku is definitely not a wide forward, but i think he can at times occupy that space wide-right and cut in. He seems very dangerous when he cuts in from the right wing and has the ability to take shot with his left or do his trademark stepover and beat the defender on the outside and use his right.

Doesn’t mean that we should deploy him as an wide-forward, but in a fluid front 3 he could definitely occupy that space and be effective for some passages of play.

Malcolm was the smokescreen for Moura was the smokescreen for Sanchez was the smokescreen for Griezmann.

Next level screening from Woody :drool:
Yeah let’s see if there are any improvements on the bed sheet we used for De Geas medical before we give Woody any credit

Money aside, the only selling point for us is thay we can offer him his preferred role if he so wishes. I doubt pep will allow Jesus or Augero to move aside in his.

As I live in a Spanish speaking country I watch the game with commentators that are from Argentina, Chile, and so on.

On the game against Derby, one of the commentators say that he knew Sanches family and that there was a big offer from United to him. That it was going to be big news soon. He say he was still deciding between City and us.

I didn't believe it when I hear it because this commentators tend to say a bunch of misleading crap, but now will pay attention to anything he say on the game again Stoke :drool:
Wow, interesting

It’s irrelevant if this forces City to pay more. They have almost unlimited funds. What a boring as shit way to be. No wonder they can’t fill a stadium, soulless and pointless.

Not completely irrelevant though. Unlimited funds sure. But Arsenal stalling the move until City coughs up what United offered, dragging it out to the last day of the winter window could potentially have a (a very marginal) disruptive influence on both Arsenal and City. So yeah why wouldn't we try and raise the stakes a bit.

PLEASE!

Would be an absolutely spanking addition to our team.

Exactly the move we should make.

Was he commentating on Chilevision?

TBH, i don´t unterstand why we are NOT going all-in to get him. I mean what is the second option? Crawl after another winger for months and months in a world cup summer? Which will cost at least 50M cause we´re United and will 10000% not be on Sanchez´level (Perisic etc.)? Doesn´t make sense to me. If there is 1% chance of getting him, Woody should do everything he can. 30M in Jan plus same wage level as Pog should do it, i mean this would be sooo uncomplicated compared to a never-ending summer transfer rally which will, in the end, bring in a player lower than Sanchez.

I did a quick Google Image search thinking it must be relevant to some sort of charity or foundation, turns out it's just a random shit Clipart pic. :lol:
Hahahaha!
Hope he’s using the same image on his Linkedin profile as well.

If this is Sanchez agents the club needs to deny making a big right away. If we have actually attempted this then surely we've had some encouragement.

Dont think any club confronts transfer rumours head on thats just petty.
Except City who post a weekly transfer roundup on their social media accounts. Weird cnuts

Jeez. Are people buying this? This news has agent's handiwork written all over it.
Even if we bid, there is no way Sanchez is choosing Jose over Pep and a team on course to win the league over a team a distant second.

Status
Not open for further replies.