Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
And isn't that part of our problem? Anyway even if he comes off the right hand side he still has a starting position that's completely the wrong side of the pitch
He played right wing for Udinese and Barcelona. Let's not make it seem like he'd be a deer in headlights when put on the right wing. And he won't stay in the right wing, he'd end up coming more central.

I think United is the better move for everyone. City don’t need him.

Just to remind everyone, Sanchez stayed with Arsenal despite not having a donkey's chance of winning the league. He has also won the Copa America twice with Chile. This could very well be his last move and he wants some big money for it. The biggest honour for a South American is to win the World cup, followed by the Copa America, so its possible that the league trophy is not his number one priority.

He played right wing for Udinese and Barcelona. Let's not make it seem like he'd be a deer in headlights when put on the right wing. And he won't stay in the right wing, he'd end up coming more central.
It's like Park all over again. Oh he's not a winger/wide player, he plays through the middle for PSV blahblah.

That was a long time ago

He either plays left side at the expense of Martial/Rashford or as a number 10 behind Lukaku

Lads, its city. He will choose them.

Just using our name to speed up negotiations and the transfer.

Just to remind everyone, Sanchez stayed with Arsenal despite not having a donkey's chance of winning the league. He has also won the Copa America twice with Chile. This could very well be his last move and he wants some big money for it.

Like I said, he wants to be paid like a free agent, even if he makes his move now. That´s why Bayern stopped their pursuit. The hold-up is probably him, not necessarily Arsenal and City. That of course would give United a chance to hijack the deal, if it´s all about the money.

:lol: He’s never coming here. Everything will have been agreed with City since the summe. Probably looking for an extra couple of mil signing bonus

Ha ha. Arsenal probably leaked this to get City to pay up!:D

He's guaranteed a PL title at the end of the season, no way he's coming to us.

That was a long time ago

He either plays left side at the expense of Martial/Rashford or as a number 10 behind Lukaku

So? All of our attacking plays comes from the left anyway. Doesn't hurt to have more players operating there at the same time as our right wing is a minefield.

Literally the only edge City have over us is that they can all but guarantee him a league title this season. We are equal in everything else + have heeeshtory, if that matters nowadays.

Mourinho masterstroke IF he signs Sanchez AND Ozil this month, ensures Arsenal will absolutely not be a threat to the top 4!

He is 29 and seems to be on the decline so don't want!!

I suppose you are joking, but he does rely hugely on his athleticism imo sooooo I would say its quite a big risk.... unlike the assist maestro Ozil who has a bit of the Roger Federers about him

According to reports (Di Mazrio) if he signs for City in this window he get £15m signing on bonus instead of £30m if he signs in the summer because City will have to pay a fee. I bet he wants that full £30m to sign now. He wants mega money IMO, that is his primary concern, if City don't give him what he wants he will sign for us.

Could be true what you are saying but imo if City feel that they can lose him they'll dish out whatever is needed anyway, it's not like they're anyhow constrained money wise. That's why I think it's his agent's play just to get City to pay up.

Mourinho masterstroke IF he signs Sanchez AND Ozil this month, ensures Arsenal will absolutely not be a threat to the top 4!

Wenger would be mad to do that. Better to let one go on a free in the summer even if messes up his transfer scorecard.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ks-transfer-frenzy-with-twitter-10391491.html

Just a reminder of when United were linked to Benteke to force Liverpool to up their bid and buy him.

I do not believe this Alexis news is any different.

Agents doing what agents do. I will be utterly amazed if Alexis ends up at United. Even though I would love it to happen.

The difference is that Benteke isnt good enough to demand a high price on his own; so he has to use agents to influence clubs.

Sanchez doesn't need his agent to do any of this. Just tell the club that you'll have to cough up or you'll miss out on my quality.

But our offering of Mkhi is irrelevant if Sanchez wants to go to City. Arsenal can't determine his destination.

If there is any truth in the story, then one would assume there is a credible chance that Sanchez would be willing to join United - otherwise it's a futile exercise.
Where sanchez wants to go is irrelevant to your question, You asked why we'd let mikhi go to arsenal instead of flogging him abroad.

Regardless of whether sanchez wants to come to us or not, To have any chance of signing him this month we would have to offer arsenal sumthing theyre happy with to let him go. If the reports are true and that somthings mikhi, then that would probably be the reason we'd let him go there instead of abroad.

Great news for us, either this is true and we hopefully pip city to him or its fake which leads to city paying through the nose unnecessarily, either way suits us fine.

Wenger's feud with Mourinho could be a major roadblock. But at the same time, Sanchez was managed by pep for three seasons and didn't really became world class with him, so he might feel that working with Mourinho could improve him more, who knows. Also, he is more likely to be guaranteed playing time at United, with his only real competition being Lukaku than at City with Jesus Sterling and Sane on fire.

Feels like whenever we're linked with anybody people come out the woodwork to claim they're actually shit

Status
Not open for further replies.