AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFTV is probably like WWE. All the people play a character and they behave in a particular way. That DT and Mo and all are probably negative anyway but they exaggerate quite a bit.
He's been vehemently against Wenger even before this whole Arsenal TV thing started. Was one of the first fans to make a Weneger Out banner close to 5 years ago.
I don't think it's an act. The Robbie guy has just done a good job of bringing weird characters together. And for neutrals it's a fun watch even though Arsenal fans find it cringy.
7d4770d6399e4318861a97c0d6c563c480647033_1_291x500.png
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's practically a show and I don't see many people denying that atm.

He's been vehemently against Wenger even before this whole Arsenal TV thing started. Was one of the first fans to make a Weneger Out banner close to 5 years ago.
I don't think it's an act. The Robbie guy has just done a good job of bringing weird characters together. And for neutrals it's a fun watch even though Arsenal fans find it cringy.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's practically a show and I don't see many people denying that atm.

No wonder no one's taken any notice

We call him a rabbit in Italy
But they behave like a Tv act in the end.
But they're always interviewed straight after the game. Interview me just after the Everton match and i would have made Claude look like a picture of calm.
Imagine me watching 10 years of Fellaini substitutions go the same way time and time again without fail and some pillock is defending the manager talking about tweaks here and there.
There would be a murder live on youtube.

They get about a million views for every match Arsenal screw up. That is a lot of $$ from youtube. Its clearly amped up for the cameras.

The guy running the channel probably hopes for an Arsenal loss every time. No one cares if they win.

That's why it seems way too scripted. Surely someone with half a brain will understand that the guy is trying to wind all them up with his questions.

A team's mentaility is representative of the manager.
What we saw yesterday, we have seen so many times before.
Wenger is past it I believe.

In fairness, Wenger's teams have been bottling it since long before he was officially past it.

Claude v Ty at Wrestlemania :drool:

Wenger comes out of the crowd and nails Ty with a chair, handing Claude the win. Wenger and Claude embrace each other, confirming Wenger's heel turn and his willingness to start spending some dirty oil money in the transfer market. Ty is taken to a local hospital to have his concussion checked out and his headphones surgically removed.

Sorry, but who would be mental enough to question the bloke from Arsenal Fan TV's fan base? He's a sensation.

Last 2 games i remember them showing Claude both times and Ty once on tv. Claude didn't look impressed with him even then :lol: The 2 really are an item.

But they're always interviewed straight after the game. Interview me just after the Everton match and i would have made Claude look like a picture of calm.
Imagine me watching 10 years of Fellaini substitutions go the same way time and time again without fail and some pillock is defending the manager talking about tweaks here and there.
There would be a murder live on youtube.
I repeat: they always interview the same people after the game. Why don't they randomly choose them?

Someone made a great point about the views and the relative income, it is a big earner.

AFTV are such a bad advert for the club; its mainly senseless thugs and uneducated hooligans who can barely string a sentence together without expletives. But to be fair.... here I am talking about them, a LFC fan on a Man Utd forum no less.

I don't understand what is this arsenal fans are upset about. Clearly, wengers KPI is to keep the business model running at an expense of bare minimal CL qualification spot. He has been an outstanding servant of the club and delivering year in and year out. The board of directors probably are worshipping him and will likely keep him for years. Of course he over achieved few years ago, mind.. but As a business model arsenal has been a textbook case. Sure, sugar daddies popped up here and there and changed the landscape but arsenal as a football club is still holding up. As a day to day football manager, arsene did a staggering job.
The pundits are right. 'Became full of what you wish for'.
The fans are barking at the wrong tree really. Take it to the owners.

Arsenal Fan TV is must see stuff every time they lose. The Claude-Ty battles are classic.

The fact that the bloke drinks from an Arsenal water bottle between sentences it just incredible.

Cant imagine how much money he has spent in their megastore. Does he have an endorsement deal???

Ralph Hasenhutll admitted himself that there were some calls from Arsenal to check his willingness to change clubs after the season. That means Arsene Wenger is ready to step down at the end of the season.. The problem is the players knows that too and their mentality is low.. I expect bad second part of the season for Arsenal.

Ralph Hasenhutll admitted himself that there were some calls from Arsenal to check his willingness to change clubs after the season. That means Arsene Wenger is ready to step down at the end of the season.. The problem is the players knows that too and their mentality is low.. I expect bad second part of the season for Arsenal.
Argh, I'd hate that! I love Ralph as a coach and don't want to see him in the prem managing any of the big teams anytime soon. Hopefully he stays in the BL for the time being.

Arsenal have at least 10 players who will be out of contract in the next 18 months, including Sanchez and Ozil.

I would call that mismanagement.

Wenger has been passed it for a long time. I go back three years to when he signed Kim Kallstrom on loan until the end of the 2013-14 season. The Sweede was 32 and injured when Wenger signed him on loan. That was the moment he had completely lost the plot in terms of squad management and squad building. Why oh why people thought Arsenal could win the league at the start of the season baffled me. Same old story with them, they'll play some nice football, then bottle a couple of games, the pressure will come off and they'll look half decent again. It is sad that a fair chunk of the Arsenal fan base will be happy when Wenger departs but that's a reflection on a manager who stayed too long and viewed top four as a success for far too long.

Sure, sugar daddies popped up here and there and changed the landscape but arsenal as a football club is still holding up.
Arsenal are the 7th richest club in the world. They aren't just holding up, for the past 3 seasons(4 if you include this one) they have been punching below their weight. If that's entirely up to the board, then that's a massive problem and not up to wenger, but it doesn't change the fact that they could have done better

As a day to day football manager, arsene did a staggering job.
Couldn't win the title against leicester fecking city. That's not a staggering day to day job, that's a staggering failure in his day to day job

Having watched Sanchez's reaction to Sunday's defeat, I can't help but feel he might be off in the summer.

I think he knows Wenger is going and is considering his options.

Having watched Sanchez's reaction to Sunday's defeat, I can't help but feel he might be off in the summer.

I think he knows Wenger is going and is considering his options.
I wouldn't read too much into it. If Arsenal pay him his 250k, he will stay.

The fact that Wenger kept his job after Leicester won the title( which he hadn't won for a decade) was staggering really. People keep talking about how they shouldn't sack Wenger because of what happened with United & Saf but there are lots of other examples of clubs who turned overnight just because of a change in manager. Their fans also say this sort of stuff in November but become ok with the season by April

I don't understand what is this arsenal fans are upset about. Clearly, wengers KPI is to keep the business model running at an expense of bare minimal CL qualification spot. He has been an outstanding servant of the club and delivering year in and year out. The board of directors probably are worshipping him and will likely keep him for years. Of course he over achieved few years ago, mind.. but As a business model arsenal has been a textbook case. Sure, sugar daddies popped up here and there and changed the landscape but arsenal as a football club is still holding up. As a day to day football manager, arsene did a staggering job.
The pundits are right. 'Became full of what you wish for'.
The fans are barking at the wrong tree really. Take it to the owners.

Sorry, I'm guessing English isn't your first language, but :lol: :lol:

Argh, I'd hate that! I love Ralph as a coach and don't want to see him in the prem managing any of the big teams anytime soon. Hopefully he stays in the BL for the time being.
Dont worry, Hasenhüttl would never thinking about leaving that exciting Leipzig project, that he just started this season and Red Bull would not listen to what Arsenal want. You must be very deluded to think that anybody could go there and get him next summer. He ll stay there for a few more years for sure.

Same people prob think they could just call Tuchel and he would come running. Laughable.

Someone made a great point about the views and the relative income, it is a big earner.

AFTV are such a bad advert for the club; its mainly senseless thugs and uneducated hooligans who can barely string a sentence together without expletives. But to be fair.... here I am talking about them, a LFC fan on a Man Utd forum no less.

LFC fan? Get away!

The fact that Wenger kept his job after Leicester won the title( which he hadn't won for a decade) was staggering really. People keep talking about how they shouldn't sack Wenger because of what happened with United & Saf but there are lots of other examples of clubs who turned overnight just because of a change in manager. Their fans also say this sort of stuff in November but become ok with the season by April

There's a disconnect between Wenger and his players, it's been like that for over 8 years. He can't motivate the squad anymore and I think he should have someone else do that job. He's a good manager but what's the point really when you can't motivate 11 men for 90 mins to do exactly what you want them to do? Conte or Simeone with this current Arsenal squad would get more out of them. I'm sure of it.

Arsenal have at least 10 players who will be out of contract in the next 18 months, including Sanchez and Ozil.

I would call that mismanagement.

No it's not. Why do people say these things? It takes two people to sit down and negotiate a contract. Most of the time 18 to 24 months before a contract ends, the negotiations for the new one begins...it's not uncommon. Moreover, we keep forgetting the massive role agents play in contracts. It's not just about giving the player whatever they want and they sign...end of. Agents sometimes wait until other players in the squad sign so they now have more leverage to ask for a higher wage package for their own client. If Sanchez and Ozil get over 250k/week, how much leverage do you think the club now has when negotiating other contracts with other agents? It's a cat and mouse game. Throwing around the term mismanagement is not looking at the big picture.

Arsenal are the 7th richest club in the world. They aren't just holding up, for the past 3 seasons(4 if you include this one) they have been punching below their weight. If that's entirely up to the board, then that's a massive problem and not up to wenger, but it doesn't change the fact that they could have done better

Couldn't win the title against leicester fecking city. That's not a staggering day to day job, that's a staggering failure in his day to day job
To be fair.. Not just arsenal. City, Chelsea us and Liverpool including host other clubs 'failed to win the title with Leicester feckin city'

The Premier consists of 20 teams, 20 managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.