Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

So if he's a 'free agent' can he register with a club in Europe at any time? Like, he and his 'camp' can just chill til an offer comes that they like?

I'm all for him, but only if we use our position of strength to get a good deal. He's a quality player.

There's deadline dates to register a player for some if not all competitions. He can sign at anytime for a club but I think he'll have to wait January to play in any European cup. Premier League registrations are due today I think ?

I'd love this to happen. I just feel like with Casemiro being a liability, Eriksen's legs gone and Mount struggling in a deeper role - if we don't get someone else in for the pivot, Mainoo is going to be burnt out.

If we can get this deal for say £10m signing on fee and basic wages of £160k plus goal and assist bonuses on a 2+1 contract this is no brainer, I Also see one of Casemiro and Eriksen leaving in January which means we should have at least 6 months of £170 k per week plus a £2.5m transfer fee.

This would free up about £7m of the wages budget so If we could sign Rabiot for the above, it represents a net cost of £10-11m for the current season and hopefully we lose Casemiro next summer and recoup £15m plus £17m wages per year.

So Midfield options with Rabiot would be;
Casemiro, Ugarte, T Collyer, A Rabiot, Bruno, M Mount, C Eriksen, K Mainoo.
At a club like United we should always have 2 players for every position, Eriksen and Casemiro are running on their last legs, Mount is always injured.

Rabiot would be our best midfield players as he’s genuine BTB and score goals. I think if he comes and settles we would end up playing Ugarte, Rabiot, K Mainoo with Bruno in creative 10 and then have two attackers like Garnaucho and Rasmus.

This formation suits the team more and allows us to dominate the Midfield so let’s hope it’s true.

If we can get this deal for say £10m signing on fee and basic wages of £160k plus goal and assist bonuses on a 2+1 contract this is no brainer, I Also see one of Casemiro and Eriksen leaving in January which means we should have at least 6 months of £170 k per week plus a £2.5m transfer fee.

This would free up about £7m of the wages budget so If we could sign Rabiot for the above, it represents a net cost of £10-11m for the current season and hopefully we lose Casemiro next summer and recoup £15m plus £17m wages per year.

So Midfield options with Rabiot would be;
Casemiro, Ugarte, T Collyer, A Rabiot, Bruno, M Mount, C Eriksen, K Mainoo.
At a club like United we should always have 2 players for every position, Eriksen and Casemiro are running on their last legs, Mount is always injured.

Rabiot would be our best midfield players as he’s genuine BTB and score goals. I think if he comes and settles we would end up playing Ugarte, Rabiot, K Mainoo with Bruno in creative 10 and then have two attackers like Garnaucho and Rasmus.

This formation suits the team more and allows us to dominate the Midfield so let’s hope it’s true.

There’s zero chance ETH plays 3 in midfield

No brainer for me

Casemiro under fire
Eriksen effectively pointless
Mount can’t stay fit for more than 3 games
Collyer is a kid

Leaves Bruno, Ugarte (untested) and Mainoo (still young concerns of burn out)

Go get him

Well we have only registered 22 over 21's so just maybe there is a slim chance of it still happening, however only IF we can get those demands down to a level considered fair by the club.

This thread will be busy once the game is over. Rabiot walks onto that midfield line up today

No brainer for me

Casemiro under fire
Eriksen effectively pointless
Mount can’t stay fit for more than 3 games
Collyer is a kid

Leaves Bruno, Ugarte (untested) and Mainoo (still young concerns of burn out)

Go get him
Agree with this 100%. Our Midfield is a couple of injuries away from being really bad. Getting Rabiot in on a free transfer just makes so much sense.

Agree with this 100%. Our Midfield is a couple of injuries away from being really bad. Getting Rabiot in on a free transfer just makes so much sense.

Yeah makes a lot of sense, however there hasn't been any concrete interest since 2022. All the talk in this window has come from unreliable sources

I seriously think even on a 2+1 Free Transfer that this player would be a transformative signing, he’s still in his peak years and as a 6/8 hybrid that can play BTB and create and score plus he’s decent in the air, he would allow players like Jack Fletcher, Kobbie and Collyer to develop and not be overplayed plus he’s a leader which the club currently lacks in midfield, he gets round the pitch and could see him being a great signing especially if we get rid of Casemiro in January. I also like the fact he’s a left footed player in midfield which we currently don’t have?

I'm not against the idea just as long as we protect ourselves a little with any sort of deal we do. Offer him a shorter contract, two plus one is the perfect deal. Gives us protection in case he is another mercenary.

I seriously think even on a 2+1 Free Transfer that this player would be a transformative signing, he’s still in his peak years and as a 6/8 hybrid that can play BTB and create and score plus he’s decent in the air, he would allow players like Jack Fletcher, Kobbie and Collyer to develop and not be overplayed plus he’s a leader which the club currently lacks in midfield, he gets round the pitch and could see him being a great signing especially if we get rid of Casemiro in January. I also like the fact he’s a left footed player in midfield which we currently don’t have?

Completely agree with you, however know we are very much in the minority. So what would you consider a fair wage and signing on fee for him. The club just doesn't seem to have any intention of making this deal happen which is a shame. There would be noise from the Utd sources if this was a serious consideration

I'm not against the idea just as long as we protect ourselves a little with any sort of deal we do. Offer him a shorter contract, two plus one is the perfect deal. Gives us protection in case he is another mercenary.
We probably have, he just isn’t that happy with it. If he can get a 4 year deal in Saudi on 300k, he’d be daft to not hold out for something more.

Agree with you except for the leader part.
Very good midfielder overall and would add some much needed physicality and technicality in our midfield.

My only concern is him adapting to the pace of the PL after years of playing in France and Italy

Agree with you except for the leader part.
Very good midfielder overall and would add some much needed physicality and technicality in our midfield.

My only concern is him adapting to the pace of the PL after years of playing in France and Italy

That's a very valid concern, however looks like the club has issues with a few things about this deal hence the lack of serious noise

veronique_rabiot_ipa.jpg
I assume they’re just messing with people’s heads by him having the barnet you’d expect his mum to have and vice versa. The ultimate power move.

Completely agree with you, however know we are very much in the minority. So what would you consider a fair wage and signing on fee for him. The club just doesn't seem to have any intention of making this deal happen which is a shame. There would be noise from the Utd sources if this was a serious consideration
£10m signing on Fee £160k basic Salary Go and assist bonus but the complication we’ll be whatever wage we offer him that’s for CL football so a 20% reduction is probably what’s being offered and his Mom is not keen on on £130-135k per week this season - £6.5-7m I’m guessing that’s the problem?