Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

Then we have Euro 2020, when his mum decided to go to war with Mabappe and Pogba's families, all publicly:
Turned out she was spot on about Mbappe. Based mama Rabiot, I get that some people are understandably scared of her exposing some hard truths about us. Like a Rangnick style reality check.

It's the agent's job to advise/protect his player. For example you don't drag a big club CEO and Dof to Turin unless the deal is basically done. That's because football is a close knit business and if you make them look silly then the word will spread fast. No one likes to look silly and they will make you pay for it
Yes and a good agent with the right ties helps with stuff like that including the PR bit.

Turned out she was spot on about Mbappe. Based mama Rabiot, I get that some people are understandably scared of her exposing some hard truths about us. Like a Rangnick style reality check.

Yeah definitely doesn't suffer fools

Kind of frustrating that this guy is just sitting around without a club and if we signed him, he'd immediately be the best central midfielder in our squad.

Kind of frustrating that this guy is just sitting around without a club and if we signed him, he'd immediately be the best central midfielder in our squad.

Yes he would, however the club are clearly not willing to go beyond a certain total package offer for him which is totally understandable

Would imagine that the less than stellar financial results all over the media today give some context as to why we are not about to add another salary to the wage bill without being able to move any existing contracts out. The club has spent a fair amount this window and even for a free transfer I think the well is dry for now and that is before we even consider that our most reliable sources for transfer news have pretty consistently briefed that we have never had even vague interest in signing him this window. Beyond mom jokes I don't think this thread has any life left.

Sources say Rabiot having a 'slight resemblance' to Orla from Derry Girls is 'no coincidence' and is further proof of his mother's domineering nonsense.

'She would handle Mbappe in a scrap, let alone his ma' was also suggested and Friday is a 'big day today'.

Patience...

This is basically an entire summer transfer window’s antics condensed into one thread as a coping mechanism now the window has closed.

Reduced salary and overall reduced financial outlay sounds good. Sign him up!
Would take him on a 2 year deal if it's true he's lowered his wage demands a bit. Would definitely help ease the load off of Mainoo without sacrificing quality and energy like we would if we had to rely on Eriksen or more teenagers

Apparently Arsenal are the other team also looking at him currently after their litany of injuries these last few weeks

I’m pretty much clueless when it comes to Utd’s finances but can we even afford to get him given the losses we have reported this week?

Would be typical for us to sign someone who hasn’t had any preseason and is totally undercooked for weeks upon arrival….

As much as this signing stinks of the poor deals and characters Woodward used to get in; if we can reduce the demands a little it is a position we desperately need to improve in our squad.

So if he's a 'free agent' can he register with a club in Europe at any time? Like, he and his 'camp' can just chill til an offer comes that they like?

I'm all for him, but only if we use our position of strength to get a good deal. He's a quality player.