Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

Completely agree with you, however know we are very much in the minority. So what would you consider a fair wage and signing on fee for him. The club just doesn't seem to have any intention of making this deal happen which is a shame. There would be noise from the Utd sources if this was a serious consideration
Only in the minority of the loons who inhabit the transfer forum. A lot of humans outside this ecosystem think he's a good player.

£10m signing on Fee £160k basic Salary Go and assist bonus but the complication we’ll be whatever wage we offer him that’s for CL football so a 20% reduction is probably what’s being offered and his Mom is not keen on on £130-135k per week this season - £6.5-7m I’m guessing that’s the problem?

Yeah there is clearly sticking points when it comes to the whole package which look difficult to overcome if we even still want to of course

WOW fair play to them, INEOS clearly outlined they have no intention of buying anyone older than 26 and are determined to stick to this no matter what
Or (wishful thinking) they could be thinking let’s see what wages he’s actually going to be offered at a lower club before making the swoop in

Or (wishful thinking) they could be thinking let’s see what wages he’s actually going to be offered at a lower club before making the swoop in

Dreaded Communication Officiale, time to lock up the threads then mods. Shame as think he could have been useful but alas not to be

Last edited:
So OM can afford his wages. We have an 18 year old and a new signing as our only dependable midfielders this season. Hoping Casemiro can do the job.

So OM can afford his wages. We have an 18 year old and a new signing as our only dependable midfielders this season. Hoping Casemiro can do the job.
Pretty sure he’s accepted lower wages to play in southern France in a sunnier city for Marseille than what he’d have wanted from us (or from Juventus to extend for them…)

Pretty sure he’s accepted lower wages to play in southern France in a sunnier city for Marseille than what he’d have wanted from us (or from Juventus to extend for them…)

That just totally takes the piss

That just totally takes the piss

He may like money but he is already a multi-millionaire.. He rejected high salaries from Turkish clubs because he wanted to play for a top club in the top 5… Marseille can’t pay higher wages but they have other things to offer. They might be able to challenge for the league and that would definitely be a very big achievement. Also choosing clubs based on which lifestyle the city can offer isn’t unheard of.

But the Paris’ fans will destroy him on social media. He has quotes saying he loves PSG and he would never play for Marseille…

Marseille have a interesting team + coach.

The weather is great.

And he will get a little bit of money too.

Good move for him.

He may like money but he is already a multi-millionaire.. He rejected high salaries from Turkish clubs because he wanted to play for a top club in the top 5… Marseille can’t pay higher wages but they have other things to offer. They might be able to challenge for the league and that would definitely be a very big achievement. Also choosing clubs based on which lifestyle the city can offer isn’t unheard of.

But the Paris’ fans will destroy him on social media. He has quotes saying he loves PSG and he would never play for Marseille…

Never knew he said that whilst at PSG, will just be a case of deleting the old tweets like Grealish did when he moved to the financial fraudsters. So much for wanting a team playing in Europe Adrien that was obviously a complete lie

Last edited:
I think we will regret this. Our CM is very unbalanced with too many attacking minded players (Bruno, Mount, Eriksen) and too few players capable of doing the running (Ugarte, a bit Mainoo and a couple of kids)

I think we will regret this. Our CM is very unbalanced with too many attacking minded players (Bruno, Mount, Eriksen) and too few players capable of doing the running (Ugarte, a bit Mainoo and a couple of kids)
Absolutely. It was a great opportunity to add depth. We are one injury away from playing Casemiro for extended periods.

Absolutely. It was a great opportunity to add depth. We are one injury away from playing Casemiro for extended periods.

Whoever built that CM needs to be sacked. I mean at one point we had 4 no 10s (Bruno, Mount, Eriksen and VDB) and one, washed up, DM. Seriously even a 13 year old on FM would probably recognize that such a thing is stupid

Whoever built that CM needs to be sacked. I mean at one point we had 4 no 10s (Bruno, Mount, Eriksen and VDB) and one, washed up, DM. Seriously even a 13 year old on FM would probably recognize that such a thing is stupid
No-one built it really. Woodward randomly got people he thought or was told they might be good. "Thrown together" is the best description for it.

No-one built it really. Woodward randomly got people he thought or was told they might be good. "Thrown together" is the best description for it.

that's a rather simplistic take of it. Sure Woodward was an idiot and Murtough was a proxy meant to allow Woodward to keep playing real life FM but we also know that the manager had a huge say on signings. Eriksen and Mount were brought by ETH.

that's a rather simplistic take of it. Sure Woodward was an idiot and Murtough was a proxy meant to allow Woodward to keep playing real life FM but we also know that the manager had a huge say on signings. Eriksen and Mount were brought by ETH.
Buying Mount or signing Eriksen isn’t the issue. Not bringing in other CM/DM options is the problem. We were short last year and should have bought someone like Ugarte either way. And then we let 2 of ours go away McTom and Amrabat (they are not good enough) without replacing them.

Buying Mount or signing Eriksen isn’t the issue. Not bringing in other CM/DM options is the problem. We were short last year and should have bought someone like Ugarte either way. And then we let 2 of ours go away McTom and Amrabat (they are not good enough) without replacing them.

It is an issue because having 2 no 10s with an ageing Casemiro behind them is stupid. SAF won with absolute legends in cm and he won with an ancient scholes and a donkey (cleverly) in it. However even SAF had to obey a simple law of football physics ie a winning team must have balance. If Ronaldo plays then we must have the likes of teveth, Rooney and park covering for him. If an old scholes/carrick play then Pogba stay on the bench and cleverly plays etc. united 's problem is lack of balance.

Yeah I feel exactly the same but too late now to do anything about it, I presumed Marseille were in Europe but after checking they finished 8th. That makes the fact he is choose to sign for them even more baffling

I think he's probably not worth the outlay to the club if we like collyer and think kone may feature at some point. Eriksen still looks useful, but I think an injury to Ugarte throws the balance off as it stands. Hopefully we can get collyer some more experience and provides good cover.

I think he's probably not worth the outlay to the club if we like collyer and think kone may feature at some point. Eriksen still looks useful, but I think an injury to Ugarte throws the balance off as it stands. Hopefully we can get collyer some more experience and provides good cover.

I think that we are obsessed with balancing the books 1 out, 1 in. McT left, ugarte came in. If eriksen left then rabiot would probably be a contender. Since both Casemiro and him are still here...

I think that we are obsessed with balancing the books 1 out, 1 in. McT left, ugarte came in. If eriksen left then rabiot would probably be a contender. Since both Casemiro and him are still here...
Which is fair enough really, considering Rabiot would be on a big wage and would demote another big wage to the bench, there's not a lot of saving to be had. Maybe we'll revisit in January too.

Marseille have done good business this year, and de zerbi as manager could do well.