Aaron Wan-Bissaka | Signs a 7-year contract with West Ham

Pleased for him he wasn't as bad as some people made out here.

Shunted to the left at the end too which was something I'll never understand when Dalot is covering there at the moment.
He played LB today

It was premature to sell him and nothing I've seen from Mazraoui so far suggests that he's an upgrade.

Some players are not built for high pressure clubs, he's one of those players, no shame in that - I think Ben Foster said it himself, he was a really good keeper, but under huge scrutiny and pressure on his every move, ability just disappears and it snowballs in the wrong direction.

Some people thrive, some people drown, it is what it is, at least he wasn't a cnut like Sancho.

It was premature to sell him and nothing I've seen from Mazraoui so far suggests that he's an upgrade.
Premature how? He's been average for 4 seasons.

Mazaroui has been very good the first games too, he is an upgrade.

Will forever be part of that start 11 that seemed to play every single game and got us through lockdown.

Anyone know the 11 I’m thinking of?

Quick search of your post history shows you've made multiple semi-recent posts about how AWB wasn't good enough for United, you even selected him in the "worst expensive buys XI in PL history" thread. One semi-decent performance from him after he left and now it was suddenly "premature" to sell him. Going back 3 years you were saying he needed to leave :lol: . Classic Caf knee-jerk reaction.

It was premature to sell him when he had one year left on his contract? Did you want to sell him for free next season?

Rashford Martial Greenwood
Bruno
Fred McTominay
Shaw Maguire Lindelof AWB
De Gea
(?)

Close! I was thinking of

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Matic Pogba Bruno
Greenwood Martial Rashford

This 11 I will always associate with Covid and lockdown, in my memory this 11 played almost every week during the early part of Covid. I’d be interested to see what 11 actually did play most during this period and all of lockdown in general

You just know our left wing is going to have a torrid time against the hammers moving forward

Close! I was thinking of

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Matic Pogba Bruno
Greenwood Martial Rashford

This 11 I will always associate with Covid and lockdown, in my memory this 11 played almost every week during the early part of Covid. I’d be interested to see what 11 actually did play most during this period and all of lockdown in general
To be honest I couldn't remember the midfield two! :lol:

Quality signing for West Ham. His debut was good... made a huge impact.

Why were they playing him as an attacking wingback? I thought he was best as a defensive fullback

Why were they playing him as an attacking wingback? I thought he was best as a defensive fullback

That's how Lopetegui typically uses his fullbacks, and is what made AWB seem a slightly odd fit.

That's how Lopetegui typically uses his fullbacks, and is what made AWB seem a slightly odd fit.

Yeah I'm wondering whether this is part of the problem as well as him being just plain awful today. He looked zombie like at times and completely unable to react to any danger and I'm speaking as somebody who wanted him to stay as a fullback option in our squad.

Truly awful today.