A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The signing would make sense as he's young, English, can play on the left and is clearly talented but for some reason I just feel a bit "meh" about it all.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
The signing would make sense as he's young, English, can play on the left and is clearly talented but for some reason I just feel a bit "meh" about it all.
Because he's not been hitting the headlines for a year or so?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
It seems Spurs are interested in him too.

Harry Redknapp is a transfer junkie, he must now have a 30 man squad...

johnmufc

I would take him for the price being mentioned. I am not a huge fan of his, but he is versatile and would offer us a threat from set pieces, which would be a nice change. I do not think he is better than Nani or Valencia, but he would be a good squad player for the right price.

Carl

Because he's not been hitting the headlines for a year or so?
But surely that's for a reason? His form has been decent for the last 18months but nothing better.

Interval

Level
I hope it is. 13m plus Gibson is a dream price.
Are you being intentionally thick or plain stupid? Gibson, whether you appreciate him or not, is worth 6-7 million atleast. Are you saying we should pay Villa 20 million for Young?

Some people just can't see beyond their dislike for the so called 'lesser' players of the squad.

Bet you would've wanted Park to be added to this deal a couple of months back.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Are you being intentionally thick or plain stupid? Gibson, whether you appreciate him or not, is worth 6-7 million atleast. Are you saying we should pay Villa 20 million for Young?

Some people just can't see beyond their dislike for the so called 'lesser' players of the squad.

Park+Carrick+Anderson+£10m

Rowem

gently, down the stream
But surely that's for a reason? His form has been decent for the last 18months but nothing better.
I don't want to get into specifics but I don't think headlines accurately represent ability or form.

davisjw

I think with way Park and Nani have played recently, coupled with the return of Valencia and Giggs holding his own, can't image why we'd need Young at this point. think he's an excellent winger - what Joe Cole should of been - but we don't need him.

I'd take the Beckham loan rumor instead of disrupting a tandem that's working...

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I think with way Park and Nani have played recently, coupled with the return of Valencia and Giggs holding his own, can't image why we'd need Young at this point. think he's an excellent winger - what Joe Cole should of been - but we don't need him.

I'd take the Beckham loan rumor instead of disrupting a tandem that's working...
Edited for clue.

032Devil

I hope it is. 13m plus Gibson is a dream price.
So, you think Gibson is only worth what, £2m? After all, the going price for Young in the press is £15m.

£2m for a player that ripped Bayern apart last season, hey?

I'd rather keep Gibson.

Carl

I don't want to get into specifics but I don't think headlines accurately represent ability or form.
Yeh and I would agree however they often do go hand in hand. Plus I watch pretty much every game that's on TV so i've seen Villa pretty much every time they've been on.

wr8_utd

:'(
So, you think Gibson is only worth what, £2m? After all, the going price for Young in the press is £15m.

I'd rather keep Gibson.
Actually your right. 8-10m plus Gibson would be more of a fair deal.

Alex

I'd rather keep Gibson.
:lol: WUM

jrsenior

Seems a bit strange getting young Young as a stop gap?
In february/ march we will have Valencia, Nani, Giggs, Park, Obertan, Bebe and
possibly Cleverly as options out wide. 6/7 players for two positions.

Could it be that SAF have loan plans for Obertan and Bebe, dont rate Cleverly and sees
this as Giggs last season? Feck knows, I say get a keeper and a goalscoring playmaker.

RedRover

Squad players are important, but how on earth is Gibson worth £7 million? He'd probably struglle to get in Villa's team on a regular basis.

Looks half decent now and again but aside from long range shooting looks a limited player, hence why he hardly ever gets a game.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

I'd rather keep Gibson.
Ripped Bayern apart? He scored a goal but apart from that he didn't do much and our midield got outrun after we went down to ten men. Remember that we went out on the day too.

Gibson is probably worth £5m mind. However I can't see which Premier League sides would need him at the minute, maybe Wolves or Wigan.

RedRover

Seems a bit strange getting young Young as a stop gap?
In february/ march we will have Valencia, Nani, Giggs, Park, Obertan, Bebe and
possibly Cleverly as options out wide. 6/7 players for two positions.

Could it be that SAF have loan plans for Obertan and Bebe, dont rate Cleverly and sees
this as Giggs last season? Feck knows, I say get a keeper and a goalscoring playmaker.
I'd be surprised if United we're interested in Young, unless Fergie sees something in him he likes. Has looked decent playing off the forward in a more central role and a season or so ago looked fantastic for Villa.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It seems Spurs are interested in him too.

Harry Redknapp is a transfer junkie, he must now have a 30 man squad...
I expect at least three Villa players to end up at Tottenham within the next twelve months. Up to six if Villa go down. They will buy everyone.

SATA

Would personally prefer Sanchez to him if we have a choice between these two, our winger problems will be sorted for the next 5-6 years.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Ripped Bayern apart? He scored a goal but apart from that he didn't do much and our midield got outrun after we went down to ten men. Remember that we went out on the day too.

Gibson is probably worth £5m mind. However I can't see which Premier League sides would need him at the minute, maybe Wolves or Wigan.
Gibson that night set the ball rolling with that opening goal & up until sending off he & the rest of the team were playing great football.

That was a big test for him that night been thrown in at the deep end & he did extremely well up until the sending off. He could turn out to be a very important squad player for us in years to come yet & thats why i hope the lads kept.

Young would be far better off heading to Spurs as imo he'll get feck all game time at Man Utd.

Interval

Level
Squad players are important, but how on earth is Gibson worth £7 million? He'd probably struglle to get in Villa's team on a regular basis.

Looks half decent now and again but aside from long range shooting looks a limited player, hence why he hardly ever gets a game.
Steven Fletcher - 6.5 million
Poulson - 5.5 million.

It is hardly without precedent. Even if it isn't the same position,if Ben Foster can fetch 6 million, so can Gibson.

He isn't half as bad as some people make him out to be. Plus, a lot of these mid table clubs would love to have a midfielder with shot like Gibson.

wr8_utd

Gibson that night set the ball rolling with that opening goal & up until sending off he & the rest of the team were playing great football.

That was a big test for him that night been thrown in at the deep end & he did extremely well up until the sending off. He could turn out to be a very important squad player for us in years to come yet & thats why i hope the lads kept.

Young would be far better off heading to Spurs as imo he'll get feck all game time at Man Utd.
And he's going to displace the likes of Bale, Modric and VDV at Spurs?

Man-United

I expect at least three Villa players to end up at Tottenham within the next twelve months. Up to six if Villa go down. They will buy everyone.
Spurs would be that kind of club who definitly will be in the market for Ashley Young (and Agbonlahor, and Albrighton, and Bannan, and Clark, and Warnock)

Carl

And he's going to displace the likes of Bale, Modric and VDV at Spurs?
No but i'd say he'd have every chance of displacing Lennon plus it would generally strengthen their wing options on the whole. He'd be an excellent signing for Spurs.

wr8_utd

Spurs would be that kind of club who definitly will be in the market for Ashley Young (and Agbonlahor, and Albrighton, and Bannan, and Clark, and Warnock)
Albrighton would do a great job for them. Lennon is rubbish and Albrighton would be a great upgrade.

wr8_utd

No but i'd say he'd have every chance of displacing Lennon plus it would generally strengthen their wing options on the whole. He'd be an excellent signing for Spurs.
But he does not really play on the right does he?

SATA

Albrighton looks like a prospect, abit like the right-footed Adam Johnson. Villa have some good young players to be fair.

Carl

But he does not really play on the right does he?
Not really but he's more than capable I would think. But like I said, he would generally strengthen their wing play. At the minute Lennon and Bale are their only natural wingers. The likes of VDV, Modric and Krankjaer are capable of playing their but it's taking them away from where they are most effective.

davisjw

Young, Bale, Modric & VdV could play on the same team week in week out.
---------------------Pav-------------------------
------------------------VDV---------------------
Bale--------------------------------------Young
------------Modric---------Huddlestone-------

Can do some damage.... But if I'm Spurs, I'm looking to replace Keane with a power forward and invest in a CB who'll be around longer than 5 games. Prefer one who can play as a sideback too when times get tough. Wes Brown :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.