A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he wasn't english, lads on here would be laughing.

he's ok, nothing more. a plyer to give valencia and nani a breather.

walcott and n'zogbia are better and younger.

I find this unbelievable.

Clearly, you do not watch Villa.

I live with a Villa fan so watch a lot of them. Young is quality.

When (hopefully) we sign him, I will quote you on this at the end next season when everyone here loves him.

If he wasn't English no one would mention him and you could pick him up for 8M euros.

If he wasn't English, Man City would be paying some continental club a huge sum to lure him to England.

If Arsenal had Young, he'd automatically give you lot a plan B.

If Liverpool sign him, Carroll would be a bit of a goal-machine.

For United, Young would displace Valencia.

If he wasn't English, Man City would be paying some continental club a huge sum to lure him to England.

If Arsenal had Young, he'd automatically give you lot a plan B.

If Liverpool sign him, Carroll would be a bit of a goal-machine.

For United, Young would displace Valencia.

You have just earned my "Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttt of the Day."

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttt.

As long as it doesn't mean we lose Nani I'm fine with it. And he doesn't have Mendes as his agent :D

Do you think this will happen? I hope so, would be a great signing.

Where on earth would he play? He's quite possibly the last player in the world we should be looking at, that's why I really cant see it happening

Yup he's the kind of signing Liverpool would go for. He'd most probably sign for them too, because he's more likely to make their first team. Fair enough.

The reactions right now are just the same when we signed Valencia. Let's hope the signing(if true) also turns out that well for us.

Don't see him anywhere else but in Liverpool
Yup he's the kind of signing Liverpool would go for. He'd most probably sign for them too, because he's more likely to make their first team. Fair enough.
Liverpool are supposed to be fairly nailed on to be signing Downing, Young apparently wants to come here.

Saw this on youtube
Ashley Young - Welcome To Liverpool FC 2011

young is not a bad signing at all..

he can cross the ball, he is a decent freekick taker (something we probably need), a very good penalty taker, and he is pretty quick as well. his game is simple, from the left hand side, he will cut inside and cross the ball. readable but hard to stop.

i agree with a poster above, as long as we didn't lose nani, i am okay with singing young. i rather we give giggs a permanent role as a central midfielder, and have the likes of nani, valencia, park and young to choose for the 2 wing position.

we desperately need a goalkeeper and a central midfielder more than a winger at the moment, but it looks like we are definitely going to sign de gea now, and possibly sneidjer or modric (if you believe in all those transfer gossip). another winger in young would complete our transfer activity this summer.

He has loads of potential, and just needs a bigger stage to turn it on. I think if he plays for us, he will turn into the top 10 wingers in the world in a season or two. I really rate him pretty well, and certainly a lot more value for money than the ridiculous 30mil or more that is quoted for Modric, granted they are not similar players.

People questioned Valencia's signing - and that worked out well for United. Young has proven himself to be a more talented player than Valencia too, so I don't doubt he'd be a very good player for United if they do sign him. He could even take another step up in his development.

Young is totally right footed and so is Valencia, and we have Nani who is both footed so all in all not bad really.

We have the best wing depth in the league. Nani, Valencia, Park, Giggs is a quartet most teams would kill to have. Then we have young players coming through in Cleverley, Obertan, Bebe and Welbeck. In case of emergencies we even have Fletcher, Rafael, Fabio, Evra and Anderson who can play on the wings. I mean how much wing depth does one team need, especially when there are other areas of the squad in more immediate need of strengthening?

In my opinion the longterm absences of Valencia and Park this season have completely distorted some people's views of our wing depth.

And before someone mentions it yes Young can also play behind a striker but we have Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, Welbeck, Macheda, Diouf, Anderson, Giggs, Cleverley and Obertan all competing for playing time in that second striker/attacking midfielder role.

Giggs niow plays more in the middle as he no longer has the legs. Park plays wide left in big games because he has got the legs but he actually spends most of his time in the middle.

That leaves Valencia and Nani - both of whom are top players. Young would add too that - he's english, has perfromed well in the PL and wont expect to play every week. He offers something a bit different to both, will stregthen the squad and wont break the bank. Therefore, in my opinion he'd be a smart signing.

For me it doesnt matter who else is in the squad - if the younger players are good enough and perfrom well they'll get their chance.

I don't know whether Fergie wants Ashley Young or not - but if he signs him he obviously sees a space for him over the season.

Darren Bent said that the "we are [players at Villa] are in his ear everyday saying, 'give us one more year'. But it's difficult when clubs like Man United are after him."

That's not a word for word quote but it was to that effect. I saw it on SSN.

Fingers crossed!

What difference would one year make? It's not like they're going to challenge for anything any time soon.

I suspect it's going to be around 8-10million with either Gibson or Cleverly going along. It would be absolutely fantastic with Young's addition as he would guarantee at least 10 goals and countless assist every season. Setpieces, pace, long range shots, finishing, all you want in a top class winger. A lot of us are underestimating his qualities, cos he would be England's first choice had he been in a bigger club.

Sounds like this will happen now and happen quickly.

I think it's a good value signing.

Still need a proper CM mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.