2024 U.S. Elections

Fergies Gum

Debates are a waste of time and have zero impact on who people decide to vote for. Hillary crushed Trump in her debates with him and still lost.
Its amusing to see all the hype. Its like over 4 months away from the vote so this debate won't make one difference to the outcome.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Brando's Dr. Moreau vs king tut's re-animated mummy is the climax I'd want for my terminal civilization. Diaper changing time at the retirement home levels of grim. I Can't wait for it.

Would love to see them just start fecking each other.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Debates are a waste of time and have zero impact on who people decide to vote for. Hillary crushed Trump in her debates with him and still lost.
Only people who were pre-disposed to vote against Trump thought Hilary "crushed" him. Anyone predisposed toward Trump thought he won and among people who didn't watch the debates just the sound bites thought it was either even or Trump had the better sound bites. It was a bit like the first televised debate between Nixon and Kennedy where TV viewers and radio listeners had a different impression of who won.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Because i know it was 17%. Joking

Nah, i dont think 17% are enough interested to see a political debate and at the same time not know enough of who is trump and biden to not have a decision made.

It sounds to me that they are hiding the embarrasment of their already made up decision behind a political monocle and cigar appearance
17% sounds pretty accurate. There are a lot more undecideds than you might think having access only to the internet and international news from Europe and not listening to random people at bars, restaurants, social gatherings, etc. A lot of people will watch the debate at friend's houses, at bars, simply because its the only live thing on at 6-9pm not out of intense interest in reading politics every day. There are a fair number of people who dislike both Biden and Trump where even if they are predisposed one way, they are thinking about not voting at all so the debate could determine if they vote at all.

Bert_

Only people who were pre-disposed to vote against Trump thought Hilary "crushed" him. Anyone predisposed toward Trump thought he won and among people who didn't watch the debates just the sound bites thought it was either even or Trump had the better sound bites. It was a bit like the first televised debate between Nixon and Kennedy where TV viewers and radio listeners had a different impression of who won.
Anyone who actually tries to engage in an actual debate during these things will always end up coming off worse, because they aren't debates. It's WWE politics.

I despise that they've now become a thing in the UK. If you need to do something like that then I prefer the format were each candidate takes turns fielding questions from a mixed audience alone on stage. They have to debate the audience/questioner directly rather than everything devolving into a slanging match between the opponents.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Biden's facts are better but Trump does sound more coherent while Biden just looks much older and less with it the way he is standing there. Says trillionaires instead of billionaires. Oh jeez Biden is floundering bad now

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Dems really fecked up not running another candidate. At the same time this debate will do next to nothing to change the majority of people's minds.

Trump is spouting a lot of nonsense but with a lot more confidence.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Biden's facts are better but Trump does sound more coherent while Biden just looks much older and less with it the way he is standing there. Says trillionaires instead of billionaires. Oh jeez Biden is floundering bad now
Yeah, he blundered that and has sounded low volume at times. Trump did goof up third world nation the first time, sounded like third whirl nurtion.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Just put this on and it really is just racist Fox News brain uncle vs senile dithering old grandpa after a few drinks.

It's actually even more pathetic than I was expecting. The fecking state of both of them.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Joe Biden really needs to step aside. This is the disaster we all thought it would be.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
"I don't really know what he said at the end of the sentence and I don't think he knows either" and then Biden just looking vacant. This is honestly worse than I thought it could be