2024 U.S. Elections

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That's what I hear.
toast

e - For context, there was massive organizing by the latimer campaign and supportive PACs in white and Jewish neighbourhoods, including convincing Republicans to cross-register for the primary. Based on these numbers, looks like AIPAC > DSA in terms of their organizing and turnout potential.

NYT has it in a better format

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

Unreal:
U.S. Representative - District 4 - Republican Party

Lauren Boebert
42.72%39,059

Deborah Flora
14.29%13,067

Jerry Sonnenberg
13.93%12,737

Mike Lynch
11.28%10,317

Richard Holtorf
10.37%9,478

Peter Yu
7.41%6,774
What’s unreal about it? Didn’t they parachute her into a safe R district after the midterm?

R'hllor

I have a question, personally cant stand politics or politicians, nor i have some extensive knowledge of US politics as i am not from US but is there an universe where both blue and red voters free them self from being brainwashed by both parties that created a system where those 2 are only options and vote for 3rd/4th ( does that even exist )? Heard people calling one side dumb what not but to me seems everyone are dumb for allowing to be pushed into corner and having to pick between Trump or Biden.

MarylandMUFan

What’s unreal about it? Didn’t they parachute her into a safe R district after the midterm?
Because this was a Republican primary where she was going up against other Republicans that were known in that district. You would have thought that one of them would have stood out and given that lunatic a run for her money but it looks like they all split the vote.

MarylandMUFan

I have a question, personally cant stand politics or politicians, nor i have some extensive knowledge of US politics as i am not from US but is there an universe where both blue and red voters free them self from being brainwashed by both parties that created a system where those 2 are only options and vote for 3rd/4th ( does that even exist )? Heard people calling one side dumb what not but to me seems everyone are dumb for allowing to be pushed into corner and having to pick between Trump or Biden.
They have tried a few times but until we get something like rank choice voting it will never happen because both parties can outspend a 3rd or 4th party by massive amounts of money.

InfiniteBoredom

Because this was a Republican primary where she was going up against other Republicans that were known in that district. You would have thought that one of them would have stood out and given that lunatic a run for her money but it looks like they all split the vote.
Name recognition.

You can’t underestimate her name and face being plastered on national media for the last however many years, these R primary voters know she’s staunch ‘own the Libs’, and they like it.

Hamnat

Strategically she slid over to a safer district because she almost lost her election last time and was in line to lose this time. It says something about the voters though and the other candidates that they couldn't beat her even with her doing absolutely nothing in Congress except be a loudmouth chaos agent.

She did more actual work on that guys crotch in the Beetlejuice play incident than she did for the people of Colorado. Yet they still said yep that is the one I want representing me.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Unreal:
U.S. Representative - District 4 - Republican Party

Lauren Boebert
42.72%39,059

Deborah Flora
14.29%13,067

Jerry Sonnenberg
13.93%12,737

Mike Lynch
11.28%10,317

Richard Holtorf
10.37%9,478

Peter Yu
7.41%6,774
Looks like the problem was too many people running against her. More people voted against her than for her but it was way too many candidates

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Strategically she slid over to a safer district because she almost lost her election last time and was in line to lose this time. It says something about the voters though and the other candidates that they couldn't beat her even with her doing absolutely nothing in Congress except be a loudmouth chaos agent.

She did more actual work on that guys crotch in the Beetlejuice play incident than she did for the people of Colorado. Yet they still said yep that is the one I want representing me.
Just her constituents not the entire state, though she didn't do anything for that smaller group either.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Debate today. My guess is Biden will do fine, he's a veteran politician. Trump is the one who has to avoid crazy outbursts and present himself presidentially.

SirAF

Ageist
Debate today. My guess is Biden will do fine, he's a veteran politician. Trump is the one who has to avoid crazy outbursts and present himself presidentially.
Yup. Although I'm a little bit nervous on Biden's behalf he has usually performed quite well when the stakes have been high. Did well against Trump in the debates in 2020 as well as delivering powerful State of the Union adresses etc when people have been jittery ahead of it.

gfactor86

Yup. Although I'm a little bit nervous on Biden's behalf he has usually performed quite well when the stakes have been high. Did well against Trump in the debates in 2020 as well as delivering powerful State of the Union adresses etc when people have been jittery ahead of it.
Not so sure.

Trump will outburst, but at least he will be coherent and energetic. Biden more likely to ramble something uncoherently or just freeze on stage. My bet is that Trump will win the debate and the Democrats will be forced into a change of leadership. I think it is cruel to allow Biden to continue considering he is unwell and not fit to govern.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Not so sure.

Trump will outburst, but at least he will be coherent and energetic. Biden more likely to ramble something uncoherently or just freeze on stage. My bet is that Trump will win the debate and the Democrats will be forced into a change of leadership. I think it is cruel to allow Biden to continue considering he is unwell and not fit to govern.
Trump isn't exactly coherent himself either. He has his own fair share of gaffes.

SirAF

Ageist

With all due respect, this is just nonsense. You have bee duped by Republican/Far Right talking points. There is absolutely nothing coherent and energetic about Trump - and although Biden is old as feck and stiff, he most certainly is not "unwell".

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Not so sure.

You've been watching edited videos on social media most likely, just so you know.

SirAF

Ageist
You've been watching edited videos on social media most likely, just so you know.
Yes, he has. And to be clear: YES, Biden is too fecking old to be president. Ideally, the Dems should have swapped him out but now it's too late and he's our only hope. And yes, he has his "senior moments", but he is not demented or senile etc ffs. Sorry for coming off harshly, but I'm just so sick and tired of these fecking conspiracy idiots who are enabling the Far Right. Not just in the US, but also in Europe.

gfactor86

Yes, he has. And to be clear: YES, Biden is too fecking old to be president. Ideally, the Dems should have swapped him out but now it's too late and he's our only hope. And yes, he has his "senior moments", but he is not demented or senile etc ffs. Sorry for coming off harshly, but I'm just so sick and tired of these fecking conspiracy idiots who are enabling the Far Right. Not just in the US, but also in Europe.
So the videos of him just randomly freezing in one spot are all fine. Obama having to walk him off stage was clearly doctored. Ok.

Spark

Not so sure.

I find it mad that people have seemingly forgotten four years of Trump’s presidency where he was absolutely mental for the majority of it. Would say non-sequitur after non-sequitur, forget words constantly, forget where he was all the time, etc. The bloke can’t give a coherent speech for fecks sake. There was even talk of invoking whatever amendment that covers a mentally unfit president because he was such a liability.

One of the most useless things Biden and the dems have allowed to happen is perpetuate this myth that he’s not compos mentis. He should have lent into the whole Grandpa Joe thing and run with that. But no, let’s just ignore the biggest elephant in the room until it’s too late. Now everyone thinks he’s got dementia, brilliant.

SirAF

Ageist
So the videos of him just randomly freezing in one spot are all fine. Obama having to walk him off stage was clearly doctored. Ok.
You are so easily duped by the Far Right narrative it’s not even funny. If you had bothered watching full interviews/speeches etc you would know this. But people like you only watch a few seconds here and there.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-tr...sinformation-a4f2fb5215e9d46520fbaf1cbd79b0b9

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainmen...s-bidens-pause-left-star-studded-la-111201276

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...gop-videos-biden-viral-fact-checks-rcna133316

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not so sure.

Watch a Trump rally these days. Coherent & energetic aren't terms one can use faithfully in a discussion.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Watch a Trump rally these days. Coherent & energetic aren't terms one can use faithfully in a discussion.
While I agree, I can't say I notice much of a difference to the nonsense he was coming out with in 2016 or 2020. This is always how he seems to have been. Talking a lot of nonsense and rambling on.

Hamnat

While I agree, I can't say I notice much of a difference to the nonsense he was coming out with in 2016 or 2020. This is always how he seems to have been. Talking a lot of nonsense and rambling on.
Exactly. He has NEVER made any sense or been coherent and had a point of view. It shows how low the bar has always been for him. All his rambling speeches, I am a victim boo hoo nonsense.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No doubt, yet he seems to me more sluggish this time around. Plus he doesn't have the outreach as he did via Twitter in 2016 / 2020, thankfully.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Exactly. He has NEVER made any sense or been coherent and had a point of view. It shows how low the bar has always been for him. All his rambling speeches, I am a victim boo hoo nonsense.
But then I'm not really sure this is the gotcha people think it is.

I look at/ watch Trump now and I still think he's the same idiot he was in 2016 and 2020. I don't notice a significant difference in how he acts, talks or walks. A MAGA person would come at it from the other way I guess and say he's the same as the person they voted for last 2 cycles.

I look at Biden now.....can people really honestly say they're seeing the same manner of acting/ talking/ walking as 8 years ago?

Hamnat

But then I'm not really sure this is the gotcha people think it is.

I look at/ watch Trump now and I still think he's the same idiot he was in 2016 and 2020. I don't notice a significant difference in how he acts, talks or walks. A MAGA person would come at it from the other way I guess and say he's the same as the person they voted for last 2 cycles.

I look at Biden now.....can people really honestly say they're seeing the same manner of acting/ talking/ walking as 8 years ago?
I don't look at it as gotcha at all. Yes they are both old. Yes a lot of politicians are old and need to retire and go sit down somewhere. But the hyperbole around Biden's aging like he is propped up and a barely conscious corpse to prop up trump is ridiculous.

The idea that I as a voter should be more scared of Biden's cognitive ability currently. Than what trump actually says and does, and the people that he surrounds himself with and their plans that they clearly have outlined is what is scary. Not an old man career politician getting a bit older than when he last ran. Even if Biden did need help down stairs cause of old age or whatever else "age related". At least he isn't threatening vengeance on prosecutors and election workers, and every alphabet agency that dared try to do their jobs and investigate frauds and criminals that included trump and his closest allies.

I don't care if Biden had to have a wheelchair and a nurse push him around for 4 years. There is no way I would want trump and his evangelical freaks to possibly get even more Supreme Court justices and lock down the courts for the rest of my lifetime.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It will be a complete waste of time. Debates are just political theater now, not for explaining issues
Somewhat agree. I never watch debates as the cross talk just devolves the event into a complete waste of time as you correctly say, but, if the muting is actually as perfect as CNN shows us, issues just might be discussed.

SirAF

Ageist
The idea that I as a voter should be more scared of Biden's cognitive ability currently. Than what trump actually says and does, and the people that he surrounds himself with and their plans that they clearly have outlined is what is scary. Not an old man career politician getting a bit older than when he last ran. Even if Biden did need help down stairs cause of old age or whatever else "age". At least he isn't threatening vengeance on prosecutors and election workers, and every alphabet agency that dared try to do their jobs and investigate frauds and criminals that included trump and his closest allies.

I don't care if Biden had to have a wheelchair and a nurse push him around for 4 years. There is no way I would want trump and his evangelical freaks to possibly get even more Supreme Court justices and lock down the courts for the rest of my lifetime.
Exactly right. This is the only sane way of looking at it.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So, instead giving Trump rope to hang himself, by reminding people how annoying and unhinged he is, he will just be muted.

Not sure this is good.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Not so sure.

Trump is even less coherent than Biden. Much less