2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

So in a nutshell. Trump is against eating pussy and worried that one day Brandon returns from college as Brenda.

The state of America. :lol:

The Telegraph has just got worse and worse in recent years. It’s now just a posh version of the Daily Mail.
I think it's even worse than that and a posh version of the Daily Express.

So in a nutshell. Trump is against eating pussy and worried that one day Brandon returns from college as Brenda.

The state of America. :lol:

And yet...Harris will make a decent president I think. She has a lot more about her than Starmer and Scholz for example.

I was astonished with that too. Does Trump not know Orban is a dictator who ended democracy in his country? Or does he not care, the flattery is all that matters to him? Very weird "flex" from Trump: a dictator likes me!
Orban is probably Trump's role model. Orban transformed Hungarian democracy using a localized project 2025 agenda.

Just watched it. Unfortunately, I don’t think it was the Harris landslide this thread is suggesting. She won, certainly, but partly due to Trump going completely off the rails in the second half when many viewers must have turned off or made up their minds. Many will have seen him as the winner of the pivotal first round, economy, where Harris could be perceived as dodging, and Trump escaped less harmed from the abortion round than he should have been because Harris/the moderators left his lunacy unchecked.

Still a good night for Harris who proved she can hold her own in these circumstances but I don’t think this moves the needle much.

And yet...Harris will make a decent president I think. She has a lot more about her than Starmer and Scholz for example.

Well, it is impossible to have less about you than Scholz.

Again, all Harris needed to do was act normal. Trump would dig his own grave with is incoherent scaremongering rambling.

Just watched it. Unfortunately, I don’t think it was the Harris landslide this thread is suggesting. She won, certainly, but partly due to Trump going completely off the rails in the second half when many viewers must have turned off or made up their minds. Many will have seen him as the winner of the pivotal first round, economy, where Harris could be perceived as dodging, and Trump escaped less harmed from the abortion round than he should have been because Harris/the moderators left his lunacy unchecked.

Still a good night for Harris who proved she can hold her own in these circumstances but I don’t think this moves the needle much.
Respectively disagree, let's see what the post-debate polls do.

Mind, that doesn't even matter that much because they're likely to revert backwards in a few weeks. But then again, the election is in a few weeks.

I was astonished with that too. Does Trump not know Orban is a dictator who ended democracy in his country? Or does he not care, the flattery is all that matters to him? Very weird "flex" from Trump: a dictator likes me!
With all due respect, is this the first time you heard of Donald Trump? Did you miss the last eight years?

Why on Earth do you expect him to care about democracy? Particularly about democracy in another country. He would love the sort of regime Orbán created for himself: he would love to be essentially invincible in elections and being able to use an entire country as he sees fit. Indeed, the way he made the entire Republican Party his bitch is very reminiscent of Orbán's methods. And, to my undying shame, in the whole Western alt-right movement, Orbán is considered a shining light, an example to follow, a strong man who resists the globalist elite and so on.

It's all rubbish, quite obviously, but mentioning Orbán probably does play well with a terminally online segment of his base. The problem is that those hardly need energising, they are almost certainly among the most dedicated voters.

He’s the man who’s been fondling the balls of both Kim Jong-Un and Putin, it’s hardly surprising that he doesn’t mind positioning himself next to Orban.

I disagree, I think she utterly unmanned him. Harris had a few performance hurdles to clear: Is she "presidential", can she be rattled by a narcissistic bully, can she be tough but likable (Hillary Clinton's downfall), can she rattle her opponent, can she state her case without letting the terms be dictated by Trump? In all those things, she excelled. The fact or "fact" that her policy proposals are light on specifics is irrelevant because Trump doesn't have any policies. She's being held to a different standard than Trump has been. I think she did well on the economy too, mentioning that she and Biden had to clean up Trump's mess.

Look, when Biden flamed out in the last debate there were some stalwarts trying to pretend it wasn't an unmitigated disaster. But everyone who saw that previous debate knew it was Biden's death knell. The same is true in this debate: minor details can be quibbled over, but anyone who saw it knows that Trump made a total fecking fool of himself, he was incoherent, he rambled, he was an angry old man shouting at clouds.

I disagree, I think she utterly unmanned him. Harris had a few performance hurdles to clear: Is she "presidential", can she be rattled by a narcissistic bully, can she be tough but likable (Hillary Clinton's downfall), can she rattle her opponent, can she state her case without letting the terms be dictated by Trump? In all those things, she excelled. The fact or "fact" that her policy proposals are light on specifics is irrelevant because Trump doesn't have any policies. She's being held to a different standard than Trump has been. I think she did well on the economy too, mentioning that she and Biden had to clean up Trump's mess.

Look, when Biden flamed out in the last debate there were some stalwarts trying to pretend it wasn't an unmitigated disaster. But everyone who saw that previous debate knew it was Biden's death knell. The same is true in this debate: minor details can be quibbled over, but anyone who saw it knows that Trump made a total fecking fool of himself, he was incoherent, he rambled, he was an angry old man shouting at clouds.
Yes, we all know this and we have to take this account when we evaluate the performances. Trump being a lunatic is not in itself a weakness on his part, it’s his brand. It’s what he sells. But I agree that when it came to her demeanour and authority (tough without being condescending etc.), she did very well.

On the economy, I wish she would have been more direct in answering the first question of the night (as well as several other questions), which was if she thought the economy was better or worse off after four years of Biden presidency. It was an easy opportunity to acknowledge the nuances and complexities while also educating the undecideds in some basic economics lessons about the root causes of inflation (thereby taking the sting out of Trump’s subsequent attacks). I believe many of the lies and misleading things Trump is spouting will go unnoticed unless you carefully and soberly explain why they are wrong.

On the last part: Do you think this was a death knell for Trump comparable to the Biden disaster? I wish it was but to me that is exactly that, wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Harris comfortably won that. Some questions:

Will there be another debate?
Will Trump want a debate as last night even by his standards was poor and would like to regain some momentum or will be reluctant?
I think Harris is the favourite now, what can she do or policy she supports that could ruin it for her?

Elon's handling the swift endorsement well. He's told her on twitter that he would impregnate her and protect her cat for being eaten.

Weird.

As annoying as he is, I don't really get why people react with such vitriol to his modelling.
In my case it's his name. Just reminds me to much of Karate Kid villain Terry Silver, who is of course a bit of a cnut.

The Trump campaign went off the rails once Biden stepped down. Like a punch drunk boxer just swinging aimlessly hoping something lands

I mean Dukakis ruined his campaign by standing next to a tank.

I don't understand why everyone doesn't just stop everytime Trump says democrats want post 9 month abortions and ask him, SO THEY WANT TO MURDER LIVING BABIES?! And just refuse to continue any form of conversation until he explains this.

As annoying as he is, I don't really get why people react with such vitriol to his modelling.

Same way a bunch of fans have been reacting to anything Romano tweets that isn't confirmation of a United signing. People getting way too emotionally involved in some of these things.

Glad to see the Democrats have finally got it when taking on Trump and done away with the 'We go high, they go low' approach. The only way to fight these cnuts is in the gutter and trigger them so they implode, just like Trump did yesterday. They haven't got any answers to that. The major implosion for Trump will be when he loses, I believe he will try something again as he will be an even more desperate man.

Are popstar endorsements a big thing in American politics or is Tay just a different breed of pop culture megalodon now?

Halting a VP candidate to tell him that Taylor Swift is backing him and Harris and social media acting like she is the silver bullet for Trump is a bit bizarre.

I think that Harris started weak, but she basically knocked out Trump with the ‘people are leaving his rallies early’ line. I do not think Trump minded the Hannibal Lecter and windmills causing cancer, but when she said that his rallies are boring and people are leaving early, that was it for Trump, and after that, he was incapable of saying anything coherent and looked like an idiot even for his very low standards. Then it was all Kamala and overall I think she comfortably won the debate.

Are popstar endorsements a big thing in American politics or is Tay just a different breed of pop culture megalodon now?

Halting a VP candidate to tell him that Taylor Swift is backing him and Harris and social media acting like she is the silver bullet for Trump is a bit bizarre.
You clearly are not aware of Taylor Swift fandom strength.

I think that Harris started weak, but she basically knocked out Trump with the ‘people are leaving his rallies early’ line. I do not think Trump minded the Hannibal Lecter and windmills causing cancer, but when she said that his rallies are boring and people are leaving early, that was it for Trump, and after that, he was incapable of saying anything coherent and looked like an idiot even for his very low standards. Then it was all Kamala and overall I think she comfortably won the debate.
What a bizarre thing to fall apart on but that's Trump for you.