2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

When you think about it, what is actually his complaint here? To them, transgender operations are very bad, and illegals aliens are very bad people. So Harris wants to do bad things to bad people. Is his complaint mostly from a financial point of view, meaning that it is dumb she wants to spend money on it?
Illegal aliens take American jobs, if not murder true blood Americans.
Transgender people's existence is against the true blood Christian American values and is a woke democratic threat to America.

Transgender Illegal Aliens... OMG!!!! Double kill.

When you think about it, what is actually his complaint here? To them, transgender operations are very bad, and illegals aliens are very bad people. So Harris wants to do bad things to bad people. Is his complaint mostly from a financial point of view, meaning that it is dumb she wants to spend money on it?
The Democrats want to turn everyone transgender and then we're not gonna have a country anymore.

Illegal aliens take American jobs, if not murder true blood Americans.
Transgender people's existence is against the true blood Christian American values and is a woke democratic threat to America.

Transgender Illegal Aliens... OMG!!!! Double kill.

Yup.

You know the reason he keeps talking about Hanibal Lecter?

He thinks asylum seekers come from mental asylums.

The Democrats plan to build an army of transgender illegal aliens, to storm the Capitol with. And when they succeed, they're coming for your genitals.

Megyn Kelly had a meltdown when Taylor Swift endorsed Harris. Saying she supports children being taking away and having their genitals and body parts cut off without parental consent and she could say goodbye to her Republican record sales (as if she'd notice!).

She used to be a semi-respectable journalist, no? Or was she always like this?

Megyn Kelly had a meltdown when Taylor Swift endorsed Harris. Saying she supports children being taking away and having their genitals and body parts cut off without parental consent and she could say goodbye to her Republican record sales (as if she'd notice!).

Trans issue is huge for her. She’s gone a bit loopy over the last year or so.

Trump attacked her very viciously, calling her nasty, unfair, and even accused her of "bleeding from her wherever" after a debate or something back in 2016.

So, in essence, she is a female Ted Cruz.

What the feck will it say about the American public if they elect this man…again

And yet...Harris will make a decent president I think. She has a lot more about her than Starmer and Scholz for example.

Not to derail the thread but I believe it is impossible to have less about you as a politician than Starmer

She was never in any sense a ‘journalist’, but yes she did have a veneer of respectability around her at Fox by virtue of, well, not being a total shill like Hannity. The social mores back then also prevented the more overt bigotry, but she still occasionally slipped up (black Santa)

Being terminated by NBC shattered her though, she burnt all her bridges with Fox after accusing Ailes of sexual harassment and the heel turn to a more liberal network didn’t work out. Now she’s in the right wing podcast circle and you don’t survive in that space without being the nastiest version of yourself, so she’s now a dollar store Ann Coulter.

What the feck will it say about the American public if they elect this man…again
Well, not much. They have done it before.

There are usually a combination of two strategies that the politicians use, one is "Elect me, I will do this and this for you" and "If you do not elect me, then they will get elected, and this and this will happen to you or your beliefs etc".

If you don't get people by the first, you get them by the second.

She was never in any sense a ‘journalist’, but yes she did have a veneer of respectability around her at Fox by virtue of, well, not being a total shill like Hannity. The social mores back then also prevented the more overt bigotry, but she still occasionally slipped up (black Santa)

Being terminated by NBC shattered her though, she burnt all her bridges with Fox after accusing Ailes of sexual harassment and the heel turn to a more liberal network didn’t work out. Now she’s in the right wing podcast circle and you don’t survive in that space without being the nastiest version of yourself, so she’s now a dollar store Ann Coulter.
I think InfiniteBoredom has it right, Kelly was never respected by anyone. She was one of an assembly line of semi-attractive mannequins who were instructed to wear short skirts and to smile more (among other, more sinister things).

Megyn Kelly was tolerated by the left, and then she garnered sympathy when it was revealed she was also a victim of Fox News's misogynistic workplace ethics (and sexual harassment by Roger Ailes). Some mistakenly thought it would cause an awakening in Kelly, but it didn't. She was never a good fit for a respectable news org because she would say stupid shit like Santa was white, and the war on Christmas is real, etc. When Trump roasted her in one of his debates, it must have been the nadir of her existence: mocked, scorned, unloved.

Minus times minus in MAGA world means even more minus.

I don't understand why everyone doesn't just stop everytime Trump says democrats want post 9 month abortions and ask him, SO THEY WANT TO MURDER LIVING BABIES?! And just refuse to continue any form of conversation until he explains this.
They should stop every time Trump opens his gob.

Seriously when I look at Trump, if I took a trip back in time to, let's pick any year, and someone told me he has 10% supporting him I'd find that frankly astonishing. Perhaps even 5% would be a shock to me. There's not even a politician here in Poland that would be remotely close to his standards, and I don't recall anyone in recent history anywhere in the world that would be close to his depth of horribleness. He literally gives you reasons not to support him every single time he opens his mouth, if you actually listen to him closely for a longer time he manages to try and alienate virtually any group of people, and the nonsense he comes up with is so incoherent and insane that even a complete moron should be able to see through it.

And he has 45% of all voters behind him. Like, HOW?

Media outlets saying Harris' response to the economy and immigration were poor are not keeping perspectice.

Trump's answer to those two questions was;

"They are eating dogs in Springfield!"
and
"My rallies are the best rallies in political history!"

Seriously when I look at Trump, if I took a trip back in time to, let's pick any year, and someone told me he has 10% supporting him I'd find that frankly astonishing. Perhaps even 5% would be a shock to me. There's not even a politician here in Poland that would be remotely close to his standards, and I don't recall anyone in recent history anywhere in the world that would be close to his depth of horribleness. He literally gives you reasons not to support him every single time he opens his mouth, if you actually listen to him closely for a longer time he manages to try and alienate virtually any group of people, and the nonsense he comes up with is so incoherent and insane that even a complete moron should be able to see through it.

The same reason they voted for Boris in the UK, or Geert Wilders in Holland for example. Basically 50% of the World’s population are xenophobic nationalists.

The same reason they voted for Boris in the UK, or Geert Wilders in Holland for example. Basically 50% of the World’s population are xenophobic nationalists.
Think Trump is more Baudet than Wilders. Wilders is a racist, populist cnut, but not an entirely incapable psychopath like Trump.

And as the political demise of FvD has shown, we're not quite at the point of electing conspiracy touting crazy people here (yet).

He doesn't have 45% of voters behind him, there is a significant % on both sides who will never vote for the other party, no matter who the candidates are, my wife's family are like that, they are nearly all Republicans and will never, ever, vote for a Democrat

Aiden Clark’s dad begs Springfield, politicians: Stop using son to hate Haitians
The father of the 11-year-old boy killed last year when a minivan driver struck his school bus spoke at Tuesday’s Springfield City Commission meeting, again pleading with the community to stop using his son’s name as part of hateful statements toward Haitian immigrants.

Nathan Clark, Aiden Clark’s father, stood next to his wife Danielle at a packed City Commission meeting, urging people to cease using his son to further their political views.

“I wish that my son, Aiden Clark, was killed by a 60-year-old white man. I bet you never thought anyone would say something so blunt, but if that guy killed my 11-year-old son, the incessant group of hate-spewing people would leave us alone,” Clark told the city hall forum. “The last thing that we need is to have the worst day of our lives violently and constantly shoved in our faces, but even that’s not good enough for them. They take it one step further. They make it seem that our wonderful Aiden appreciates your hate, that we should follow their hate.”

Aiden was killed the morning of Aug. 22, 2023, when a 2010 Honda Odyssey driven by Haitian immigrant Hermanio Joseph, 36, went left of center in the 4100 block of Troy Road (Ohio 41) at Lawrenceville and into the path of the oncoming school bus.

I read this this morning and honestly its actually touching that this family who did lose their son to an immigrant at the end of the day. Are having to come out and denounce the racist hate that has ramped up and right wing trying to use their sons death as a see "they do come over and kill our children". And to have those racist stereotypes and exaggerations spun up into these rampant crime wave narratives . And recently these wacky eat your pet lies. That this local paper also has to debunk today.

County: No evidence of August claim that Haitians took geese at Springfield park
Clark County officials said Wednesday morning that they cannot substantiate a new claim alleging Haitian immigrants were killing and/or eating wildlife.

A man called Clark County law enforcement dispatchers Aug. 26, alleging four Haitians were carrying geese in their hands. The call audio does not indicate whether the geese were alive or dead, but says it happened within the city of Springfield, near the bike trail along Buck Creek, near Water Street. The audio was first posted Tuesday night on X by Donald Trump Jr.
So crazy that city officials and police etc and actual victim families are having to come out and either help debunk this insanity. Or tell these nutjobs to stop trying to use them and their pain.

And Trump sitting there yelling this stuff like a nutjob on a debate stage like a loon. Elon amplifying it as well, Senators.

He doesn't have 45% of voters behind him, there is a significant % on both sides who will never vote for the other party, no matter who the candidates are, my wife's family are like that, they are nearly all Republicans and will never, ever, vote for a Democrat
That's it and it's nothing new. Millions of people will vote Trump for no other reason than that he is the Republican candidate. What's new is the the type of nihilistic candidates being fielded by the Republicans.

That's it and it's nothing new. Millions of people will vote Trump for no other reason than that he is the Republican candidate. What's new is the the type of nihilistic candidates being fielded by the Republicans.
They fielded him that last 2 elections so not really new TBH

He's looking well.

bqo3dimqz5od1.jpeg

Basically Trump is like watching an episode of South Park. He’s so outrageous, as a Brit you still can’t get your head around that it’s actually not some kind of comedy series on TV. It’s sort of like Alan Partridge played out in real life. At least the American public won’t let themselves be influenced by how Taylor Swift votes God help the rest of the World’s population

People killing and eating wildlife!?
That's normal in the US, my brother-in-law shoots squirrels and eats them and of course fish which is also wildlife, not to mention there's Roadkill restauarants around

2-party democracy. You are stuck with supporting one and opposing the other, however unhinged the person your party has picked.
Key issues like preventing abortions and hatred of the LGBT seem to be key issues because of religious reasons and the GOP aligns itself as the saviour of the Christian way of life. They think of it as their duty to cheer their party's candidate.