2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Trump wants to improve Obamacare :lol:
He has concepts of a plan. :lol:If anyone actually believes that I’ve a bridge to sell them.

Last edited:
How the UK press are reportimg it. Must be one of the first times ever that the DM is more balanced than most.

IMG-20240911-WA0000-1.jpg

Telegraph
IMG-20240911-WA0001.jpg

DM
IMG-20240911-WA0002.jpg

Any updates from the brain-dead "undecided" focus groups?
The majority of voters participating in a CNN focus group at Mercyhurst University in Erie, Pennsylvania, say they thought Vice President Kamala Harris won the presidential debate on Tuesday.

The group was made up of 13 voters who had not yet made a decision on who to vote for before the debate. When CNN’s Phil Mattingly asked the group who won the debate, eight of the voters said Harris won the showdown. Mattingly noted that Erie is “the swingiest county” in the battleground state.

One voter said she thought Harris was “more optimistic” and “more respectful” and was able to describe her plans more effectively.

Another voter, however, who said she felt like Donald Trump won the debate, said she felt like the former president is the candidate that could improve things like inflation and the economy.

“I think it’s important to remember that we are voting for the leader of our country and not who we like the most or who we want in our wedding party, but who is actually going to make our country better,” she said.

One critical moment of the debate the voters reacted to was when Trump and Harris debated about abortion rights. One voter responded positively to Harris’ answer because the vice president’s “impassioned response” resonated with her. She said she still had a favorable reaction to the moment even though she said she doesn’t agree with all of the vice president’s positions on the issue.

“One does not have to abandon their faith or deeply held beliefs to agree the government and Donald Trump, certainly, should not be telling a woman what to do with her body,” Harris said.

Another voter said that although she also doesn’t agree with Harris’ stance on abortion, she thought it was “nice to see the passion and believability that she stands behind and then have something to gauge more of what she says on since she hasn’t spoken a lot, solidly about a lot of issues.”

On Trump’s strongest moment, one voter, who is a veteran, said he felt like the former president’s remarks about the Afghanistan withdrawal were strong.

How influential is Swift really?

It would have been good to see if there was a poll bump from the debate and not have it muddled up with a potential Swift boost?

All her fans are probably Democrats anyway

Woke up nervous as feck, then read the NYT headline: "Harris puts Trump on Defensive in Fierce Debate" :drool:

Well that was very insane grandpa from Trump. The contrasts are much clearer when the opposition is "normal".

Swift endorsement, Trump doing bad at the debate. Good night for Harris.

He has a rethoric of a 9 year old. And has a big shot on becoming president again. Truly horrific.

Nothing suprising from the MAGA crowd, their candidate goes nuts on air and all they want to do is accuse ABC of bias. Absolute cult.

Had extended family from Europe in town and they noted that they hardly saw any political signs around the metro area but saw a lot of Trump signs in some rural corners of the state. Im like yeah if it wasn't already clear who the cult is, there ya go. But like a broken record the MAGA crowd will probably claim (again) that that is proof there is no support for the Dems.

P.s. look at some of the top selling items on AliExpress etc. It's all Trump merch. Being ordered straight from China. The far reaching irony. Cant really blame the Chinese for making money off that idiocy.

How did it go?
Harris smoked him. She baited him into extended nonsensical rants, got under his skin repeatedly, smiled and laughed at some of his more ridiculous answers, to his face said that our military leaders have called him a disgrace, mentioned his former cabinet members who no longer support him. She kept her cool, looked presidential, had a message about the future and hope and unity, while Trump had nothing but hate and disaster and the country is going to hell and only he can save us from WWIII. She mocked him to his face, and he couldn't handle it. He hunched over his microphone and mumbled and was covered in flop sweat.

Really, really awful night for Trump.

Last edited:
Harris smoked him. She baited him into extended nonsensical rants, got under his skin repeatedly, smiled and laughed at some of his more ridiculous answers, to his face said that our military leaders have called him a disgrace, mentioned his former cabinet members who no longer support him. She kept her cool, looked presidential, had a message about the future and hope and unity, while Trump had nothing but hate and disaster and the country is going to hell and only he can save us from WWIII. She mocked him to his face, and he couldn't it. He hunched over his microphone and mumbled and was covered in flop sweat.

Really, really awful night for Trump.
How the tables have turned. Now he's an old, rambling man.

The Telegraph really is the worst paper in the UK. Their analysis of the debate goes under the headline " Who won the presidential debate? Our experts are divided"

They can't even compliment her without having a dig.
The Vice President scored two palpable hits: on abortion and on Trump’s reputation among world leaders (”they can manipulate you”). But her prep seemed to consist of memorising words and phrases and repeating them in random order: democracy, values, middle-class kid. We should be “lifting people up,” she said, “not beating people down” - adding that Trump was “beating people down” rather than, uh, “lifting people up.”

Yet punching down was almost all the lady did, telling us that Trump sold the country out to China, is extreme, was somehow responsible for Covid’s economic effects. You, said Trump, are “weak and stupid.” Also maybe black, perhaps not; and saddled to a President who “doesn’t know he’s alive.” Why did the moderators not follow up on this: perhaps ask why Biden had to leave the ticket?

Anyone watching learnt nothing about pre-college education or Social Security. On healthcare, Trump said: “I have a concept of a plan.” Meanwhile, Harris is probably planning a concept.

Last edited:
The Telegraph really is the worst paper in the UK. Their analysis of the debate goes under the headline " Who won the presidential debate? Our experts are divided"

They can't even compliment her without having a dig.
The Telegraph has just got worse and worse in recent years. It’s now just a posh version of the Daily Mail.

I deliberately watched it before reading a thing, and have to say I thought she was excellent. So relieved.

Trump was worse than I thought he could be.

Some real highlights, let me tell you about how much world leaders love me. Victor Orban. Victor Orban. Great guy. To be fair, I'd wager the number of Trump voters who know who Orban is and what he stands for is zero.

A good summary from Heather Cox Richardson:

"The question for Democratic presidential nominee Vice President Kamala Harris in tonight’s presidential debate was not how to answer policy questions, but how to counter Trump’s dominance displays while also appealing to the American people.

She and her team figured it out, and today they played the former president brilliantly. He took the bait, and tonight he self-destructed. In a live debate, on national television."

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/september-10-2024

I deliberately watched it before reading a thing, and have to say I thought she was excellent. So relieved.

Some real highlights, let me tell you about how much world leaders love me. Victor Orban. Victor Orban. Great guy. To be fair, I'd wager the number of Trump voters who know who Orban is and what he stands for is zero.
I was astonished with that too. Does Trump not know Orban is a dictator who ended democracy in his country? Or does he not care, the flattery is all that matters to him? Very weird "flex" from Trump: a dictator likes me!

Orban is indeed terrible, but which candidate is or isn't getting along with leaders of relatively minor European nations will not determine this election. When it comes to foreign policy, the voters can probably just about manage to have an opinion on Israel/Palestine and Ukraine (at best). The average voter couldn't tell you which nation Orban is prime minister of or what he stands for.

is it true he said they're doing transgender operations on illegal aliens in prisons?

Still boggles the mind that he is a former president and once again a presidential candidate.