2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Saw this on sky news which made me chuckle:

Debate podiums will be set at different heights​

By James Matthews, US correspondent
The podiums used for tonight's debate will be set at different heights, according to a source with knowledge of the arrangements.
Kamala Harris will stand behind the shorter one.
She stands at just over 5ft 4 (1.63 m), while Donald Trump is over 6ft (1.83 m).
He, and she, will be aware of the difference a height advantage makes to stage optics.
Presumably, both camps have been informed.
It won't please Mr Trump, given that he wrote on social media: "No boxes or artificial lifts will be allowed to stand on during my upcoming debate with Comrade Kamala Harris."

SEC_213039900-fe14.jpg

He got 49/50 in 2008 and 50/50 in 2012, and despite the duplicitous nature of his model I’d say that he came out of 2016 with more credits than most forecasters due to the higher chance he consistently gave Trump.

The real downfall, imo, has been post-2020. I used to be a fan of his work, but it’s pretty clear that he hasn’t adapted well to the fact that traditional polling has become more inaccurate so began to incorporate more ‘fundamentals’ - traditional political maxims he used to deride in the past into his work, and that’s pretty intellectual dishonest when he still publicly maintained that it’s all codes written years ago.
I agree. He had a good model when polls were "good" (more predictive), at a time when fewer people even built similar models. He added something to how election forecasting was done back then, but hasn't really added anything incremental since 2016.

"I've never read anything on Project 2025"

"Some of the stuff on there is good, some bad"

Within 5 seconds.

Her response should’ve been the opener. Should’ve put him on the defensive from the off.

And political advisers are so fecking bad, just prepare her with the Dow jones/S&P500 on the day Trump left vs now, and remind people of how much he loves to talk about the stock market, and what he actually achieved, it’s a slam dunk.

Before I get lectured again about being a lawyer, the one thing that I have always seen Is that lawyers are respectful to their opponent regardless as to whether they agree with their position… this is what she should focus on doing in these debates. Obama was the same.

Her response should’ve been the opener. Should’ve put him on the defensive from the off.

And political advisers are so fecking bad, just prepare her with the Dow jones/S&P500 on the day Trump left vs now, and remind people of how much he loves to talk about the stock market, and what he actually achieved, it’s a slam dunk.
She may use this later

Before the debate I was 90% Trump would walk this, I had very little faith in Harris. I always thought she doesn't work too well improvising but she has started very strongly here, I'm surprised. Long way to go but this is looking good, he's doing his usual spiel, she's being confident, coherent and giving him quite the death stare throughout.