2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Is this really the attack-line Trump is going with for the next couple of weeks, "she is indian, not black"?

donald-harris.png

How the hell can anyone argue that Kamala Harris isn't partially black given this is her dad?

Her dad was born Jamaican ffs.
Well she's either black or she's Indian or she's black... which is it eh? EH? Because she can't be both*

*according to a man running to be president, who definitely isn't a massive racist.

The announcement is also in Philly apparently. Sounds like its moving in Shapiro's direction.
Assuming this is true then I'm a bit surprised that someone currently riding a wave of good will and indeed party unity would choose to start a fight in her base like this. Anyone else and those who care about Palestine would've largely shrugged, I think, but her choosing the guy seen as the most rabidly anti-Palestinian of her options is certainly gonna energise those who believe the Democratic party are currently too complicit in genocide to vote for.

Assuming this is true then I'm a bit surprised that someone currently riding a wave of good will and indeed party unity would choose to start a fight in her base like this. Anyone else and those who care about Palestine would've largely shrugged, I think, but her choosing the guy seen as the most rabidly anti-Palestinian of her options is certainly gonna energise those who believe the Democratic party are currently too complicit in genocide to vote for.
Won't make a difference at all. All politics is local.

I think most on the Dem side will have comparable views on Israel-Palestine, so Harris selecting Shapiro won't really have any effect on the long term Dem orthodoxy of generally being supportive of Israel, condemning Hamas, while also calling for a two state solution - particularly in light of the fact that Harris will be the one formulating policy, not the VP.

Harris will also want to be careful to not be perceived as disqualifying Shapiro for having similar views to all the other VP contenders, at which point she would be leaving herself open to criticism that she's not selecting him because he's Jewish in order to placate a small faction in her own party.

Last edited:

Welp his rally getting hyped up on the racism. Expect he will continue it. Guess they really have decided full on racism is the way to go here

I think most on the Dem side will have comparable views on Israel-Palestine, so Harris selecting Shapiro won't really have any effect on the long term Dem orthodoxy of generally being supportive of Israel, condemning Hamas, while also calling for a two state solution - particularly in light of the fact that Harris will be the one formulating policy, not the VP.

Harris will also want to be careful to not be perceived as disqualifying Shapiro for having similar views to all the other VP contenders, at which point she would be leaving herself open to criticism that she's not selecting him because he's Jewish in order to placate a small faction in her own party.
Careful with the reach, might strain something.

Picking Shapiro is a mistake. If he doesn't deliver Penn on a platter it's going to go down as a big mistake not going with someone like Walz who is far more likeable with middle America appeal. I wouldn't be surprised if this costs Kamala the election because it's going all in on guaranteeing Penn. Also, as I said before, he doesn't come across as genuine.

Trump has resurrected his birtherism tactic to take down Harris? He has zero imagination or political acumen. Incredible how successful he's been despite that.

Soon the grift will end and an OF career will begin.

With today's conservatives? Nah, even if Trump loses in November, he will have his party's undying loyalty to the day he dies.

Trump has resurrected his birtherism tactic to take down Harris? He has zero imagination or political acumen. Incredible how successful he's been despite that.

It will energize his base, so there is that.

Picking Shapiro is a mistake. If he doesn't deliver Penn on a platter it's going to go down as a big mistake not going with someone like Walz who is far more likeable with middle America appeal. I wouldn't be surprised if this costs Kamala the election because it's going all in on guaranteeing Penn.

Ultimately its all about winning and having a comfortable working relationship with the VP. How likable a VP is to the general public will generally be less meaningful after the election given how VPs usually fade into the background.

Was referring to Habba, not Trump.

Yeah, but she is in his circle, so she gets to benefit from the grift, however many years there are left of it, could well be another 10-15 years, who knows.

Can they get more energized? They're already proclaiming him the new Messiah. He has to be careful not to bleed independent voters at this point.

I think recent polls showed more enthusiasm on the dem side, Trump going back to his "roots" could change that.

Ultimately its all about winning and having a comfortable working relationship with the VP. How likable a VP is to the general public will generally be less meaningful after the election given how VPs usually fade into the background.

I don't think he gives Kamala the best chance to win. I think Walz gives her the best chance and I'd rate a few others above Shapiro on that metric

Welp his rally getting hyped up on the racism. Expect he will continue it. Guess they really have decided full on racism is the way to go here

Yeah, I dunno, I still reckon I could fix her.

Yes, I think she's prioritising picking someone she herself would get on with over picking someone who will improve her chances of defeating Trump.

Yes, I think she's prioritising picking someone she herself would get on with over picking someone who will improve her chances of defeating Trump.

Other than Dick Cheney I cannot recall a VP who actually was at the forefront of things.

Joe Biden was reduced to "Let me at 'em" memes.

_92427726_baa32723-0642-4210-8f69-b859aa700564.jpg

I think it's more she's picking someone corporate are comfortable with.