2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

No, they are referring to what happened when Democrats and Biden proposed a bill on that would help with immigration and the border and the GOP in Congress, supposedly at the direction of Trump,. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...ecurity-bill-campaign-border-chaos-rcna153607

Although some Democrats also didn't vote for it for different reasons including the California Senators, Cory Booker and Bernie.

Some Democrat senators may not like voting for Trump's 2016-20 border policies!

Isn't saying 'to fix the broken immigration system' contradictory as the Dems have been in charge over the last 4 years. They are essentially saying the broken system has continued under their governance.

They're saying that their attempts to deal with it were undermined by Republicans following Trump's orders and voting against the bipartisan legislation aimed at trying to fix it.

It should be Walz, but I somehow doubt it will be.

I know there's the thinking that choosing the governor/senator/rep from a particular state gives you a bump in that state but Walz would play incredibly well across the entire mid-west and rust belt. Won and held a rural Republican seat for 6 terms. Reached across the isle successfully while in congress and yet has one of the most progressive, labour friendly records as governor. This guy manages to speak to everyone. Give him 4 years and I reckon he'd even have a decent shot at Ohio.

Some Democrat senators may not like voting for Trump's 2016-20 border policies!

While there are still areas of Biden's border policy to criticize it would be incorrect to say they are just Trump's policies from 2016-2020. There are some stark differences that Biden Admin changed including scrapping Remain in Mexico, reuniting many families and not having the "zero tolerance" separation of families policy, use of Parole for 30,000 migrants/month which Trump and GOP never did, and far less deportations through ICE. It might not be what some people want but it is very different from Trump 2016-2020.

EfuxJun.jpeg

_132575186_usdeportationschart.png.webp

While there are still areas of Biden's border policy to criticize it would be incorrect to say they are just Trump's policies from 2016-2020. There are some stark differences that Biden Admin changed including scrapping Remain in Mexico, reuniting many families and not having the "zero tolerance" separation of families policy, use of Parole for 30,000 migrants/month which Trump and GOP never did, and far less deportations through ICE. It might not be what some people want but it is very different from Trump 2016-2020.

EfuxJun.jpeg

_132575186_usdeportationschart.png.webp

Its definitely a weak area for Biden and Harris, but she will almost certainly bring up the Sinema-Lankford bill that Biden supported but that Trump torpedoed because he wanted to deprive the Dems of a policy win during an election year. But there is of course the preceding three years that Harris will need to account for, much of which took place during the pandemic. Its a strong talking point for the Republicans, even though many of them voted against the bill that could fix it.

The GOP played a blinder on immigration. During their tenure, they massively reduced funding for border patrol and processing. Then when the number of immigrants spiked (somewhat exogenously, it's not like the US are forcing people to migrate across numerous contries to reach the borders) there aren't anywhere near enough people to process them. So it creats a lovely, visible crisis.

Then when a GOP senator leads a bill to alleviate said crisis - which passed the senate and would have passed the house - Trump tells the GOP to stop it.

It's impossible to explain that in a single ad/message. So if I were the dems, I'd just stay away from it. You can win the election without making it about immigration.

I also don't understand what the more liberal redcaf-ers expect from the dems on the surge in border crossings. It went up an order of magnitude. You can't just easily absorb that into society without serious funding and processes.

Trump being interviewed by black journalists now is quality entertainment. He's claiming Harris isn't black but Indian.

The GOP played a blinder on immigration. During their tenure, they massively reduced funding for border patrol and processing. Then when the number of immigrants spiked (somewhat exogenously, it's not like the US are forcing people to migrate across numerous contries to reach the borders) there aren't anywhere near enough people to process them. So it creats a lovely, visible crisis.

Then when a GOP senator leads a bill to alleviate said crisis - which passed the senate and would have passed the house - Trump tells the GOP to stop it.

It's impossible to explain that in a single ad/message. So if I were the dems, I'd just stay away from it. You can win the election without making it about immigration.

I also don't understand what the more liberal redcaf-ers expect from the dems on the surge in border crossings. It went up an order of magnitude. You can't just easily absorb that into society without serious funding and processes.
When the GOP are pounding this message in advertising all over the country, mostly with lies, the Dems have to respond to it, it's not specifically at presidential level, at state level the GOP are really pushing the illegal immigration and crime and taking your jobs, I'm in MO and I'm seeing them every day

Trump being interviewed by black journalists now is quality entertainment. He's claiming Harris isn't black but Indian.

Just watching the rest of this now. The media will eat this up. Some shocking answers from Trump here, to a very hostile crowd.

They thought they were going to have it easy with Biden and have completely underestimated Harris' growing popularity and ability to excite and win over voters. As I've been expecting since Biden dropped out, Harris will continue to rise in the polls. She will be ahead in most the swing states soon.

They thought they were going to have it easy with Biden and have completely underestimated Harris' growing popularity and ability to excite and win over voters. As I've been expecting since Biden dropped out, Harris will continue to rise in the polls. She will be ahead in most the swing states soon.

Agreed. She should be helped by the energy of her VP pick and then the convention, which usually results in a slight polling bump.

Hilarious that Trump is questioning Harris' 'blackness.'

She went to Howard & pledged AKA for christ's sake.

Imagine having to justify your qualifications of being black enough to a racist. Why in the world did he even agree to this farce? Its all embarassing.

Just watched some clips from Trumps appearance at the black journalist convention and oh my, it's even more of a trainwreck then you could imagine.

Imagine having to justify your qualifications of being black enough to a racist. Why in the world did he even agree to this farce? Its all embarassing.

I suspect he's doing it for a reason. When Biden was still in, Trump was doing much better with blacks and hispanics than four years ago, so I suspect he's trying to drive a wedge into her support before it eats into his gains before September.

Just watched some clips from Trumps appearance at the black journalist convention and oh my, it's even more of a trainwreck then you could imagine.
And it'll have absolutely no impact on how many votes he gets.

I suspect he's doing it for a reason. When Biden was still in Trump was doing much better with blacks and hispanics than four years ago, so I suspect he's trying to drive a wedge into her support before it eats into his gains before September.
Doing that to his base makes sense, at his MAGA rallies. They are racist and eat that up. But going in front of black journalists? Who likely ALL have had to put up with microaggressions, and casual racism and some having to justify their qualifications and whether they are "too black", or not black enough"? That just insane.

The "Black Jobs" line he uses is insane.

If he was around in the 1800's, he would be telling everyone Africans are taking American jobs.

You know, like picking cotton or farming fields.