2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

She's got the 400m hurdles final hasn't she? Not sure if they've done that yet or not

Not sure if she has any other events
Our man Abinash Sable has made it to the final :D I can't remember the last time a track athlete from India made it to an individual final.

How was France's defence throughout? I have PTSD from Japan earlier but I've already seen this French team play like mutants for 3 games in Tokyo and if we don't at least make the final here it will be a national tragedy :lol:

France were a bit lucky in the second sets with some ridiculous 'individual' efforts while Germany were collectively above France. The rest was very even and at a high level from both teams.
Yes, Germany many faults on serve, and early in that second set, so did France. I’m just saying that Germany very did in the second set, not “dominating”. Frankly, it’s one of those games when you hate to see a team losing.

Is it just the women's sprint with a medal race tonight in the velodrome? I'm switching between channels

Yeah, and I qualified that in an earlier post. Conserving energy is for the final. In qualifying, it's about reducing risk of injury. The best will try to qualify in as few attempts as they can. Duplantis, for example, jumped twice, and only because his first height wasn't enough for qualification
Do you have a source for this?

Netherlands a long way clear. GB need to somehow improve their start as the last laps must have been close.

No-one's explained this. Succesfull attempts at lower heights don't count against you.
EDit: had a neural misfire. No, only the highest cleared height and the mistakes at that height count

Last edited:
The Kenyan got robbed in the steeplechase. Looks like he gets pushed by the dude in orange and misses the jump. Still almost catches up to qualify

Crooked ref in the France volleyball quarters. Garbage review, garbage red and multiple ignored carries. Similar stuff in France first two basketball group games, they're cooking something I tell ya!

Dutch men gold medals festival on track kicking off. Fecking Lavreysen :lol:

Crooked ref in the France volleyball quarters. Garbage review, garbage red and multiple ignored carries. Similar stuff in France first two basketball group games, they're cooking something I tell ya!
Ah right, that review was total nonsense

How was their defence?

How was their defence?
Very very good in the last set. At some point their block seemed impossible to beat. Also good in the first sets, they seemed just off offensively, N'Gapeth was carrying them a lot for long stretches.

Very very good in the last set. At some point their block seemed impossible to beat. Also good in the first sets, they seemed just off offensively, N'Gapeth was carrying them a lot for long stretches.
Crap

Seriously need Mr Magique to go swim in the seine

I do like the format of this team sprint competition - time trial, heats then final, all in a couple of hours, no messing around.

Easy for GB in the end. They went 2 tenths quicker than the heat, NZ went 2 tenths slower.