2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

So how do these cycling sprints work? Do the 2 fastest go into the gold medal race and the next 2 go into the bronze?

Why so many WR?

Better bikes?
Can't imagine the surface changing?
Better techniques?

Germany had a 2-0 set lead against France in Volleyball. France won 3-2.

They will play Italy in the SF.

This women's sprint is just wild. World record after world record. Eek

Steeplechase has to be the most pointless track and field event. Given it's origins, just pick two points about 2 miles apart and race between them.

Germany win their race, break a world record and find themselves racing for Bronze. Harsh school at this Olympics!

Fascinating listening to Laura Kelly talking about heated pants for recovery for the sprinters. Got to keep the muscles warm without wasting energy. :o

Fascinating listening to Laura Kelly talking about heated pants for recovery for the sprinters. Got to keep the muscles warm without wasting energy. :o

Why are you blushing? :angel:

Yeah, Germany were very dominant in the first two sets and very solid the rest of the game.
Germany were clearly dominant in the first set.

In the second set, though, France was leading throughout, had 2 set points (24-22) and then another at 26-25. That was a very balanced set, probably should’ve been gone France’s way. And so I wouldn’t say that Germany was dominating in the second. They were very solid, though.

In the second set, though, France was leading throughout, had 2 set points (24-22) and then another at 26-25. That was a very balanced set, probably should’ve been gone France’s way. And so I wouldn’t that Germany was dominating in the second.
I know nothing about volleyball or its rules, but German commentary isn't happy with the ref

In the second set, though, France was leading throughout, had 2 set points (24-22) and then another at 26-25. That was a very balanced set, probably should’ve been gone France’s way. And so I wouldn’t that Germany was dominating in the second.

France were a bit lucky in the second sets with some ridiculous 'individual' efforts while Germany were collectively above France. The rest was very even and at a high level from both teams.

First Olympics for German volleyball in two decades or something, of course we're useless
You should have lost 3-0 then -.- don't get them going and start playing like mutants ffs