2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Same, she was the superior wrestler and somehow got two injuries within 30 seconds.
Larroque is a solid wrestler. That Nigerian woman though is a hammer. She’s gonna be a tough matchup for Elor if they meet.
Question though, there's no timeout in this to patch up properly?
So, there is “injury time” but it could result in a point being awarded to your opponent or result in the medical staff ruling you are unable to continue, so you try to not use it unless forced to.

Simone Biles and Jordan Chiles welcoming Rebecca Andrade to the top step of the podium.

Larroque is a solid wrestler. That Nigerian woman though is a hammer. She’s gonna be a tough matchup for Elor if they meet.

So, there is “injury time” but it could result in a point being awarded to your opponent or result in the medical staff ruling you are unable to continue, so you try to not use it unless forced to.
Cool, thank you!

Simone Biles and Jordan Chiles welcoming Rebecca Andrade to the top step of the podium.

Gotta love Biles. Immensely good and so classy. Such a beautiful story considering her extremely rough upbringing, she really is a role model for so many. What an athlete

GB drawing 1-1 with Netherlands now (women's hockey QF). 8 minutes until halftime. Netherlands have been in the lead since the first minute and looked content to shut up shop until GB equalised. It's a match again now.

GB women will rack up the golds on the track. The men not so much

GB women will rack up the golds on the track. The men not so much

Yeah, Laura Kenny reckons we'll win a record amount of golds on the track this year, many on the women's side. It's a bit surprising she expects it to be that good.

GB drawing 1-1 with Netherlands now (women's hockey QF). 8 minutes until halftime. Netherlands have been in the lead since the first minute and looked content to shut up shop until GB equalised. It's a match again now.

Real kick in the teeth for GB now. 2-1 down. Conceded a slightly debatable goal and lost their referral disputing it. Early on in the match to lose your referral.

Gotta love Biles. Immensely good and so classy. Such a beautiful story considering her extremely rough upbringing, she really is a role model for so many. What an athlete
And she's about 12 years older than a raft of other gymnasts, staggering feat. I'm glad Andrade won the gold though, because that gold means everything to Andrade and Brazil, whereas for Biles she wouldn't have room for it in her trophy cabinet. I love it when the golds are spread around a bit more. But yeah, she's a hell of an athlete!

Real kick in the teeth for GB now. 2-1 down. Conceded a slightly debatable goal and lost their referral disputing it. Early on in the match to lose your referral.
My mate was a very good hockey player and just messaged to say he’d give that as a stick hit … no idea myself but based on rule and what he says, feels like missed one there.

Can’t wait for the PL season to start and football VAR show the world how it should be done.

My mate was a very good hockey player and just messaged to say he’d give that as a stick hit … no idea myself but based on rule and what he says, feels like missed one there.

Can’t wait for the PL season to start and football VAR show the world how it should be done.

:lol: Don’t get me started!.

The referrals system in hockey is infinitely better IMO but there’s a similar rule about clear an obvious. I think with this one there was no angle that showed a really obvious foul, so they had to go with the onfield decision.

The referrals system in hockey is infinitely better IMO but there’s a similar rule about clear an obvious. I think with this one there was no angle that showed a really obvious foul, so they had to go with the onfield decision.
From what I’m told/googled, looks clear but I only watch hockey at the Olympics so hey…

What I would say is ten seconds earlier, the GB player had a free hit and lofted it to where two players were. Even I know that’s going to get called … less than 30 seconds, get it into the other half

:lol: We're trying to get Australia. This won't look good if we lose that

Edit: mission accomplished. Now don't look like twats tomorrow lads :lol:

Yes, I think they went with the ref there. Maybe they concluded the camera angles were circumstantial evidence (which I think they were) rather than obvious. Dunno'.

VAR hasn't been kind to GB at the Olympics but then not having VAR at the clay pigeon shooting wasn't either. Refs eh.

3-1 now and I think that's game over.

Yes, I think they went with the ref there. Maybe they concluded the camera angles were circumstantial evidence (which I think they were) rather than obvious. Dunno'.

VAR hasn't been kind to GB at the Olympics but then not having VAR at the clay pigeon shooting wasn't either. Refs eh.

3-1 now and I think that's game over.

Dutch are much stronger here.
GB despite being two down are not going for it

Good match but Netherlands easily the better team. GB probably more frustrated with finishing 4th in the group.

Our badminton men’s singles, Lee Zii Jia, just took home bronze for Malaysia, only our second medal of the Olympics (both bronze as per the tweet). He’s a massive Rashford fan, as you can see from the celebration. I imagine he can relate to what Marcus has faced over the past few years, as he’s been scapegoated over and over again by our national media virtually since becoming the captain of our badminton team. In fact, he got emotional in his post-match interview about the character assassination they’ve carried out on him since 2021, a situation not to dissimilar to the multiple times Rashford has rightfully complained about the abuse he has received from certain people.

Delighted for our country and for him. Him being United makes it even better!

Last edited:
GB set WR in qualifying. Then Germany, now NZ. Expect GB to break it again